• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Banned Me From Credit Cards

SaiyamK

TF Select
Hi Everyone,

I am writing to seek assistance with my recent experiences while applying for an ICICI credit card.

Despite holding a Salary Account with ICICI along with the Privilege tag, I have faced continuous rejections during the application process. I meticulously provide all necessary bank details and undergo Work Email Verification, yet the applications are instantly rejected.

Two years ago, I encountered a similar situation where my credit card application was initially approved and then subsequently rejected. In response, I raised a complaint with the RBI Ombudsman against ICICI Bank. I am now contemplating whether this incident led to my inclusion in some form of blacklist, preventing me from obtaining a credit card with ICICI.

I am seeking guidance on the appropriate course of action to address this issue. Should I refrain from further applications, or would it be advisable to directly communicate with ICICI Bank, seeking clarification on the reasons behind the rejections? Despite my attempts to obtain specific reasons through email communication, I have only received general responses which are -
We evaluate applications based on the following:
· The eligibility criteria of ICICI Bank
· The viability of the proposed purposes of the credit facility Track record of past borrowings by you (if any)
· An existing credit card application under process (if any)
· Your prior experience in respect of the proposed purpose and The regulatory and statutory provisions governing ICICI Bank.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

I am writing to seek assistance with my recent experiences while applying for an ICICI credit card.

Despite holding a Salary Account with ICICI along with the Privilege tag, I have faced continuous rejections during the application process. I meticulously provide all necessary bank details and undergo Work Email Verification, yet the applications are instantly rejected.

Two years ago, I encountered a similar situation where my credit card application was initially approved and then subsequently rejected. In response, I raised a complaint with the RBI Ombudsman against ICICI Bank. I am now contemplating whether this incident led to my inclusion in some form of blacklist, preventing me from obtaining a credit card with ICICI.

I am seeking guidance on the appropriate course of action to address this issue. Should I refrain from further applications, or would it be advisable to directly communicate with ICICI Bank, seeking clarification on the reasons behind the rejections? Despite my attempts to obtain specific reasons through email communication, I have only received general responses which are -
· The viability of the proposed purposes of the credit facility Track record of past borrowings by you (if any)
· Your prior experience in respect of the proposed purpose and The regulatory and statutory provisions governing ICICI Bank.
Why you after icici cc !

Axis rejected me too so many times .

Now i m trying Via fd way to proceure apay ..
Lets see if i gets successful or not .

Icici is becoming axis in rejecting but they don't even have one good core card

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
So what are the outcome of RBI ombudsman ?
If you complaint ICICI approved then rejected, RBI couldn't do anything in your favour.

First email to ICICI for reason of decline. They never give any explanation regarding this. Then fill RBI ombudsman for reason of decline against ICICI Bank card so you know actual reason behind this.

After that go to branch and contact with BM/RM and apply offline via branch.

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi Everyone,

In which company do you work ?

Almost icici offers cc to several company employees.

Did you apply offline, atleast once?

SaiyamK

TF Select
Why you after icici cc !

Axis rejected me too so many times .

Now i m trying Via fd way to proceure apay ..
Lets see if i gets successful or not .

Icici is becoming axis in rejecting but they don't even have one good core card

For the offers during festive season, and its true, ICICI is not for a daily use card.
So what are the outcome of RBI ombudsman ?
If you complaint ICICI approved then rejected, RBI couldn't do anything in your favour.

First email to ICICI for reason of decline. They never give any explanation regarding this. Then fill RBI ombudsman for reason of decline against ICICI Bank card so you know actual reason behind this.

After that go to branch and contact with BM/RM and apply offline via branch.

They still rejected the application, and after several emails they only give me generic response attached. And looking at their history they never would tell me the exact reason.
In which company do you work ?

Almost icici offers cc to several company employees.

Did you apply offline, atleast once?

Won't be able to share here, but my company has tie up with them. And my collegues managed to get their first credit card with them almost instantly, and me with 4 years of credit history and good card limits got rejected :(
Never applied Offline, will that make a difference? Since in online I do work email OTP verification so that should increase the chances.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

Speak to a BM and find out more details if you can for rejection reason .. blindly taking efforts may not yield anything.. finally its their decision..

anantnitish

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Recently I applied of apay card for my mother (she holds only icici fd based card which is 3 months old)
Well obviously the application got rejected but I received the mail instantly with the rejection reason

MusicalMind

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Check your neighbours belong to the same pincode getting rejections? If there is, pincode may be the culprit banks should ask for pincode first before entering anything to check cc eligibility

Tejo

TF Legend
For the offers during festive season, and its true, ICICI is not for a daily use card.

They still rejected the application, and after several emails they only give me generic response attached. And looking at their history they never would tell me the exact reason.

Won't be able to share here, but my company has tie up with them. And my collegues managed to get their first credit card with them almost instantly, and me with 4 years of credit history and good card limits got rejected :(
Never applied Offline, will that make a difference? Since in online I do work email OTP verification so that should increase the chances.
Due to some RBI guidelines and risk management

Nowadays banks are not shown interest in giving unsecured loans who already availed from other banks.

Try to have mutual funds, ulip with bank and apply card via your rm.

anantnitish

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Due to some RBI guidelines and risk management

Nowadays banks are not shown interest in giving unsecured loans who already availed from other banks.

Try to have mutual funds, ulip with bank and apply card via your rm.
And that is the reason why kotak has stopped LE by C2C and even by ITR
Rbi is a very strict regulator

newinnov

TF Premier
Hi,
Taking icici & HDFC card is very easy compared to axis.
If you do fd with icici imobile app gives option to take platinum debit card instantly.
After 3 months apply for coral/Amazon Apay card you will definitely be given approval.

iampqq

TF Premier
For example
I own a bank
And doc comes to get cc everything is good but for me it isn't and i rejected application
So if doc files a case on me does it even makes sense?