• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
In my view, FD based CC is the best way to start the journey. No Cibil hits, less interest rates and sometimes extended repayment period. Only downside is that your funds get locked temporarily and the credit limit cannot be enhanced without pumping in extra funds. But, by that time, you are eligible for additional cards based on the credit history that you build through the former.
may i know why why you'd prefer fd cc over preapproved cc, when both don't do any cibil hits.

in my case im not worried about interest rates or repayment period.

good_man

TF Select
may i know why why you'd prefer fd cc over preapproved cc, when both don't do any cibil hits.

in my case im not worried about interest rates or repayment period.
If the preapproved CC is offered by banks such as Axis, then it should be avoided since a very strict KYC and multiple cibil enquiries are conducted by such banks even for their existing card holders in most cases.

If the bank does not fall in the above category and the differences being negligible such as in your case, then a preapproved CC is the way to go.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
If the preapproved CC is offered by banks such as Axis, then it should be avoided since a very strict KYC and multiple cibil enquiries are conducted by such banks even for their existing card holders in most cases.

If the bank does not fall in the above category and the differences being negligible such as in your case, then a preapproved CC is the way to go.
thanks. ive tried searching on this forum, but couldn't find any concrete information regarding pre-approved cc & whether it resulted in a hard cibil enquiry in respective banks. i hope more people can shed light on this about other banks (like idfc, etc.)

im thinking to go in two possible ways:

wait for idfc pre-approved cc once my future first account gets opened, it's under process (or/and) get kotak fd cc & in near future LE & upgrade it & get back fd amount.

BlueFlash

TF Premier
Anyone using Cred ? If so, since all core cards of ICICI like coral/rubyx/sapphiro are basically linked and only one statement gets generated. In Cred, there's option to link the cards. My question is while linking which card will be treated as primary card ? Especially when we have both MC+Amed variant... Or is that now matter in what sequence I link them, and whatever the primary linked card is (the one that's shown in UI, rest are hidden), they will automatically identify the statement for grouped card ?

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Anyone using Cred ? If so, since all core cards of ICICI like coral/rubyx/sapphiro are basically linked and only one statement gets generated. In Cred, there's option to link the cards. My question is while linking which card will be treated as primary card ? Especially when we have both MC+Amed variant... Or is that now matter in what sequence I link them, and whatever the primary linked card is (the one that's shown in UI, rest are hidden), they will automatically identify the statement for grouped card ?
Just add your primary card, no point adding all since rest won't even have a statement generated

ishanj9

TF Buzz
What proof do they ask for verification?
I already hold an account with ICICI Bank and have 2 CCs viz. Platinum and APay ICICI. They asked me to provide my college ID card and my degree certificate for the application along with basic details. That's all.

ishanj9

TF Buzz
After finding Manipal, NMIMS Bangalore and NMIMS Hyderabad in this list but top NITs missing 🙄
I did my PGDM from TAPMI, Manipal and Engg. from VIT, Vellore. The links given are for online application of LTF Sapphiro. I also felt that the institute list is small as compared to the alumni program of HDFC which has about 120 colleges listed. So, I went to the branch and my PGDM college was listed there. Their actual list of the alumni program is pretty big. I would suggest you to go the branch and enquire. Their search is messed up, so if they don't find it through Ctrl+F, manually scroll or search by city or state.
I asked the guy for the list but he didn't want to share.
I would suggest everyone to go to the branch and find out as the list is expansive and a lot more colleges are there on it as compared to the onmline application links.

I applied for it 2 days ago.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I would suggest everyone to go to the branch and find out as the list is expansive and a lot more colleges are there on it as compared to the onmline application links.
How did you approach them? Should I tell them I want to apply for this card through the Alumni program? Or else?

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
I did my PGDM from TAPMI, Manipal and Engg. from VIT, Vellore. The links given are for online application of LTF Sapphiro. I also felt that the institute list is small as compared to the alumni program of HDFC which has about 120 colleges listed. So, I went to the branch and my PGDM college was listed there. Their actual list of the alumni program is pretty big. I would suggest you to go the branch and enquire. Their search is messed up, so if they don't find it through Ctrl+F, manually scroll or search by city or state.
I asked the guy for the list but he didn't want to share.

I applied for it 2 days ago.
could you let us know if you had a hard enquiry on your cibil because of this card?

ishanj9

TF Buzz
How did you approach them? Should I tell them I want to apply for this card through the Alumni program? Or else?
Yes. I just told them that I want a LTF Sapphiro under the Alumni program. He said he'll check if my institute is on the list, and then took my documents and basic details to complete my application.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
When I asked the credit card guy at the branch, he told me it'll be a soft enquiry.
got it. unfortunately i don't have a credit history, and i'm guessing they'll follow up that soft with a hard enquiry which is what i'm worried about.

could you let us know the documents he asked? and did you sign any consent form for cibil pull? (sorry i don't know how offline works)

insight

TF Ace
Yes, it's really just another LTF card in the wallet, unlikely to come out unless there's a bank specific offer. Airport spa though is something that could be used, minor differentiator. Even that might be revised downwards.
Anyone shared experiences of using the Spa? What does it include?

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think they have many more colleges than these links, I enquired in the branch and they said they had my college(based on his memory, absent in any of the links). But they said it's for final year students only. Have requested him for the college list, will update if I know more.