• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

quino

TF Ace
RML Group
hi, i'm thinking of getting this card through the alumni program. having a few doubts, hoping for help:
Context: this will be my first entry on my credit history. i just tried to get my score by signing up in the cibil website with my Pan card details & they said they can't find any history.

i'm asking because i think it's better to get a pre-approved one (not based on payslip/credit history) for my first cc.
for people who applied through the alumni program (non-upgrade/c2c/leveraging existing relationship with icici cc/bank), did you get any soft/hard pulls on your credit report?

Last edited:

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
hi, i'm thinking of getting this card through the alumni program. having a few doubts, hoping for help:
Context: this will be my first entry on my credit history. i just tried to get my score by signing up in the cibil website with my Pan card details & they said they can't find any history.

i'm asking because i think it's better to get a pre-approved one (not based on payslip/credit history) for my first cc.
for people who applied through the alumni program (non-upgrade/c2c/leveraging existing relationship with icici cc/bank), did you get any soft/hard pulls on your credit report?
Konse college mai ho

quino

TF Ace
RML Group
i'd like to hear from anyone who's applied through a proper inst code, and how it has affected their credit score (hard or soft pull)?

sharma

TF Premier
Received the digitL card. How to get visa variant without closing amex and mastercard?
Not possible because I have seen many recent examples where the older variant got closed when it's upgraded to new variant.
If you still want to try try via twitter cc

iAmPm

TF Premier
i'd like to hear from anyone who's applied through a proper inst code, and how it has affected their credit score (hard or soft pull)?
Any new credit card application will have a hard enquiry except for pre-approved ones. And that is totally normal since this is your first time maybe you are a bit more cautious but it won't affect long or forever to your Credit score.
Don't hold back just because of enquiry if you want the card. It will actually help in building your credit history and eventually increase your score.

quino

TF Ace
RML Group
really appreciate your input.
1. yes, that's right im feeling apprehensive, and i'm getting the sense that this alumni thing isn't pre-approved, so if i am going to get a hard enquiry anyways maybe id be better off with some other cc.
2. im also afraid that if i go ahead with this alumni program, ill get rejected. do rejection/approved have different effects on our credit?
2. could you clarify if the pre-approved ones have no enquiry or only soft enquiry?
Any new credit card application will have a hard enquiry except for pre-approved ones. And that is totally normal since this is your first time maybe you are a bit more cautious but it won't affect long or forever to your Credit score.
Don't hold back just because of enquiry if you want the card. It will actually help in building your credit history and eventually increase your score.

pranavcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My application stuck from 1 month what to do, should i tell my rm to process it faster as its already been 1 m

Last edited:

iamrafic

TF Buzz
I got Rubyx in August. I'm eligible for Sapphiro LTF based on Salary/Bank Realtionship. How long should I wait before applying for Sapphiro?