• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI bank account - website asks me to visit branch

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I was looking to open an ICICI savings account.
but as soon as I click on open savings account on their website, instead of showing me the different variants of accounts and link to apply, I just get a web page asking me to visit the nearest branch. is ICICI always this difficult to deal with?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Okayyy Let me try to clear the air out for everyone.
When Mine was initially launched; it was a truly zero balance account.
Just a Few months later they had stopped onboarding new applications for Mine; and if you want you can cross check this >> Yt'bers who made video on mine account; You will find comments like 'I am not able to apply for Mine' ; and that was because Icici had temporarily stopped the applications.

Later on; for interim period ; they had the link of 'Insta Mine Account' on their page; and I had personally noticed that the line which clearly stated 'No minimum balance' was removed from below that 'image'. This was their 10k min Balance account acc to me.

Now finally; it is again a zero balance for students from premier institutions (though I have no idea which institutions qualify for this); and they have kinda renamed Mine to 'Student Savings Account'. The DC and CC still goes with the 'Mine' name.

So yes, they have had made changes to Mine Account in between; there was a time period when it was not a 'zero balance account'. The only thing which I don't know is >> when it was no longer zero balance (for sometime) did Icici display the Min Balance requirement at the time of onboarding or not?
That is what I tried to convey, but he had to reply rudely🤭🤣 I have cleary written there's diff insta save and mine. Now mods please lock it for further replies😉🤣