• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI bank account - website asks me to visit branch

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I was looking to open an ICICI savings account.
but as soon as I click on open savings account on their website, instead of showing me the different variants of accounts and link to apply, I just get a web page asking me to visit the nearest branch. is ICICI always this difficult to deal with?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
This is what I remember from a couple of years :-
1) first ICICI had insta save Ac (10K MAB) & insta save FD (min. 10K FD)
2) Then they scrapped insta save FD and kept only the 10K MAB and launched MIne account (0 MAB- for age less than 35).
3) then they scrapped mine Ac. And bought 95K initial funding (0 MAB) & retained 10K MAB account.
If @asahi is getting charged for MAB non-maintenance for mine account then it's totally wrong.
P.S. :- Did you @asahi cross the age of 35 when MAB are charged ?
Absolutely correct 👍

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
I am also a victim of this fraud. I opened Mine account online. Got Mine DC within 2-3 days via post. Customer care asked me to do full kyc by visiting branch. So I did. After a week, 10k MAB was shown in netbanking. I closed the account (less that 14 days) on the same day because branch refused to accept that there is such 0 bal account in ICICI.
Thats is fraud made by icici

Mine account was designed a zero balance account. No AMB. NO maintenance charges.

10 k insta save u need to maintain 10k

10k fd u need to de 10k fd

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
I was looking to open an ICICI savings account.
but as soon as I click on open savings account on their website, instead of showing me the different variants of accounts and link to apply, I just get a web page asking me to visit the nearest branch. is ICICI always this difficult to deal with?
Currently no online account is being opened.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
You need to maintain 10K fd or Balance in Sb acc for NILL MAB Charges . I opened mine account after watching their launch event, i was charged for not maintaining MAB. The image is response form icici, confirming the same back in October 2021, when i complained.
“LOL”😂😂😂😂😂
Looks like you have two accounts..

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Why should i? I already know the truth, i clearly showed their response & my mine debit card. I leave it to the Tf community. Or you can call customer card confirm the same
Mine is a zero balance account. You can check the required mab in netbanking.

You should not be charged mab in mine account.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I also wanted to know if there are any offers if I go to branch (maybe the BM can extend some offers around priority account based on high initial funding).
I already have a sapphiro cc ltf, so can't expect them to give emerald ltf even with a high cheque funding.
Would have recommended you wealth account if not for downgrade issue..(still not clear)

smz

TF Select
I am also a victim of this fraud. I opened Mine account online. Got Mine DC within 2-3 days via post. Customer care asked me to do full kyc by visiting branch. So I did. After a week, 10k MAB was shown in netbanking. I closed the account (less that 14 days) on the same day because branch refused to accept that there is such 0 bal account in ICICI.
Maybe branch converted your account to normal 10K MAB during full KYC.
As far as I think, MINE account always had to do full KYC online only.
@AritraSaha

asahi

TF Premier
Looks like you have two accounts..
So you guys not caring what the icici bank itself is saying, believe it or not this matter went to rbi ombudsman also. For mine account you need to maintain 10K fd or sb balance. I don’t have 2 accounts I recently converted the mine account to normal savings account, I’ve other threads regarding that.
Proof that i was holding Mine account before converting it to Regular account recently
This is the account variant change form

romilq

TF Ace
So you guys not caring what the icici bank itself is saying, believe it or not this matter went to rbi ombudsman also. For mine account you need to maintain 10K fd or sb balance. I don’t have 2 accounts I recently converted the mine account to normal savings account, I’ve other threads regarding that.
Proof that i was holding Mine account before converting it to Regular account recently
This is the account variant change form
ICICI Mine was a very popular account. Many here had it. It was always zero balance. I still have it. No charges deducted since 2 years. Not keeping much balance. I don’t know why they told you that. Here I am linking an article from launch day -

asahi

TF Premier
ICICI Mine was a very popular account. Many here had it. It was always zero balance. I still have it. No charges deducted since 2 years. Not keeping much balance. I don’t know why they told you that. Here I am linking an article from launch day -

Like all others I opened thinking it’s zero balance account only, in 2020 when I opened the account, i deposited 10K as fd as I got extra cash(not for MAB Purpose) I didn’t withdraw it till mids of 2021 i guess. Then they charged MAB. When I called customer care& branch, exchanging emails etc etc, they’re saying: you’ve to maintain 10K fd or 10K balance, then i raised complaint with rbi, then bank people reversed the amount & said even though we reversed this time still you’ve to maintain. At that time i got good amount, so again deposited as fd, to this day i hold it. This is my experience. Maybe in 2022 changed the norms or maybe not. This is my experience

Last edited:

asahi

TF Premier
See I guys i’m not lying, I’m attaching a reply from Icici bank in response to my complaint to rbi. & i’m not gonna reply anymore. If you guys believe it’s okay, even if not it’s totally fine. For privacy reasons
i masked my details & my branch Deputy manager details as well.

People who still thinks & believes this Mine is a zero balance account at least till 2021 October, it’s upto you guys.

I fought with icici bank saying it’s a zero balance not fd account at that time via rbi also. But after reading their terms & conditions which they made me (now I can’t trace that link in ICICI website otherwise I would’ve shared it here), speaking with branch manager deputy manager customer care & email reply, i was convinced it’s a 10K fd acc. Till November 2023 i hold that account as mine acc only & had mine DC AS well. I wanted Rupay DC which isn’t possible by mine acc, that’s why I converted it to regular Acc.

People who regularly active in this community knows about my struggles getting a Rupauy DC from icici. Ask them

Xposed

TF Premier
You need to maintain 10K fd or Balance in Sb acc for NILL MAB Charges . I opened mine account after watching their launch event, i was charged for not maintaining MAB. The image is response form icici, confirming the same back in October 2021, when i complained.
“LOL”😂😂😂😂😂
My mine account opened in APR 2021 is true 0 mab with 0 initial funding, don’t know what they changed after that

AritraSaha

TF Legend
See I guys i’m not lying, I’m attaching a reply from Icici bank in response to my complaint to rbi. & i’m not gonna reply anymore. If you guys believe it’s okay, even if not it’s totally fine. For privacy reasons
i masked my details & my branch Deputy manager details as well.

People who still thinks & believes this Mine is a zero balance account at least till 2021 October, it’s upto you guys.

I fought with icici bank saying it’s a zero balance not fd account at that time via rbi also. But after reading their terms & conditions which they made me (now I can’t trace that link in ICICI website otherwise I would’ve shared it here), speaking with branch manager deputy manager customer care & email reply, i was convinced it’s a 10K fd acc. Till November 2023 i hold that account as mine acc only & had mine DC AS well. I wanted Rupay DC which isn’t possible by mine acc, that’s why I converted it to regular Acc.

People who regularly active in this community knows about my struggles getting a Rupauy DC from icici. Ask them
What the meaning of the 3rd paragraph?
Insta save mine account is and addition to regular accounts..

talkwithfino

TF Premier
“LOL”😂😂😂😂😂

There were two diff accs insta save fd and mine, you are getting confused "LOL".
Don't think you are the smartest here. First investigate and then point out someone.

I am using Mine account since 2 years now. Never maintained more than 1k rupees. Not charged anything.

Thats is fraud made by icici

Mine account was designed a zero balance account. No AMB. NO maintenance charges.

10 k insta save u need to maintain 10k

10k fd u need to de 10k fd

It's un ethical...

Okayyy Let me try to clear the air out for everyone.
When Mine was initially launched; it was a truly zero balance account.
Just a Few months later they had stopped onboarding new applications for Mine; and if you want you can cross check this >> Yt'bers who made video on mine account; You will find comments like 'I am not able to apply for Mine' ; and that was because Icici had temporarily stopped the applications.

Later on; for interim period ; they had the link of 'Insta Mine Account' on their page; and I had personally noticed that the line which clearly stated 'No minimum balance' was removed from below that 'image'. This was their 10k min Balance account acc to me.

Now finally; it is again a zero balance for students from premier institutions (though I have no idea which institutions qualify for this); and they have kinda renamed Mine to 'Student Savings Account'. The DC and CC still goes with the 'Mine' name.

So yes, they have had made changes to Mine Account in between; there was a time period when it was not a 'zero balance account'. The only thing which I don't know is >> when it was no longer zero balance (for sometime) did Icici display the Min Balance requirement at the time of onboarding or not?