• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card And Regular ICICI Bank Credit Cards Limit Merger Or Transfer

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Do you think you have a regular ICICI Bank credit card and an Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card with two different credit limits?
Actually, you are mistaken... ICICI Bank offers only one credit account for all its credit cards.
But because of different reward systems, you might get a different per-card limit on your ICICI Bank Amazon Pay Credit Card.
For example,
Suppose you have 3 ICICI Bank credit cards,
ICICI Amazon Pay Card with 4L limit.
ICICI Coral Credit Card with 8L limit
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card with 8L limit
Now, on the iMobile app, you’ll see that Coral and Sapphiro card limits are shared, and the Amazon Pay card’s limit is different than that of the other two.
So if you use 2L from your Coral card, the available credit limit will automatically become 6L on your Sapphiro credit card. But you'll not see any change in the available limit on your Amazon Pay Card.
But actually, you can spend a maximum of 8L using all your ICICI Bank credit cards, including Amazon Pay Card.
The maximum credit limit on any ICICI Bank card is the aggregate total credit limit.
You can't transfer the credit limit from your Amazon Pay card to a regular ICICI Bank card or vice versa. But you can request ICICI Bank to remove the per card limit and match the credit limit on Amazon Pay and regular ICICI Bank credit cards.
For this, you need to send an email to ICICI Bank & request them to match your Amazon Pay card limit with ICICI regular cards or vice versa.
The required email ID is available here- All Bank Credit Card Department Email ID & Phone No

My Case-
My ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card's limit is 10L and My Amazon Pay Card limit was 5.7L
I requested ICICI Bank to remove per-card limit.
Now, my Amazon Pay card limit is 10L.
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-19 at 4.54.40 PM.jpeg

NeutronNova

TF Buzz
I saw people are saying that ICICI issue only one credit card account for multiple credit cards, in my case I have 3 ICICI credit cards accounts as shown in my CIBIL. I currently hold Coral, Manchester United Signature, Sapphiro all three shares same Limit and Account, then I have MMT Signature with a different limit and shows as a different account in CIBIL and last I have Amazon Pay which has a totally different account. My amazon pay has the highest Limit of 420k. How should I proceed with ICICI bank since my accounts are not combined.

NeutronNova

TF Buzz
I have 4L limit on ICICI Rubyx. Earlier I had 1.5L limit on Apay, then I asked for LE, then limit is 4L (since 2 months).
But when I spent 1L through each card, I could see the remaining limit 3L in both the cards. So does that mean I have separate limits for both? Shoul I ask to merge the limit?
So basically, you had a limit of 5.5L before for both of your cards, which has now decreased to 4L. ICICI issues different credit card accounts as per the reward system, at least in my case, cards that give reward points share the same limit, but in the MMT card we get MMT money, so a different account, and in the Apay card we get Apay balance, so a different account. Check your cibil. Has the total limit decreased or increased?

NeutronNova

TF Buzz
is it worth to match Apay cc limit with core ICICI card or we loose separate limit of Apay after making merging request? does Apay card have shared limit with core ICICI card or both these have separate limits?
Apay does not have a shared limit with any other ICICI card; you should check your CIBIL if it shows two different ICICI credit card accounts. Also check in the imobile app if your spending on one card decreases the available limit on your other card; if not, then the limits are not combined. We should proceed with caution in this because I think the original thread was about increasing the limit of one ICICI credit card so that it matches the limit of another higher-limit card, not combining the limits. Supposing I have 3 cards from ICICI Bank: the first with a 1L limit, the second with a 2L limit, and the third with a 4L limit, my total limit from ICICI Bank is 7L, and it will show the same in CIBIL on the main page as a total limit of 7L (total limit will show only to those who login through the official CIBIL website since it's not part of the report). Now if I ask the bank to merge or combine the limit, then they will combine the limit of all three cards to 4L. At least, that is what I saw happening after I read the whole thread. I may be wrong. Now the total limit we will get from ICICI Bank is just 4 L, which is less by 3L than the total limit we were getting. which eventually is not good for our CIBIL since the ratio of total limit and used limit is decreasing, resulting in a lower CIBIL score. If anyone can shed some light on this, that will be helpful since I am confused about what to do.

Apay does not have a shared limit with any other ICICI card; you should check your CIBIL if it shows two different ICICI credit card accounts. Also check in the imobile app if your spending on one card decreases the available limit on your other card; if not, then the limits are not combined. We should proceed with caution in this because I think the original thread was about increasing the limit of one ICICI credit card so that it matches the limit of another higher-limit card, not combining the limits. Supposing I have 3 cards from ICICI Bank: the first with a 1L limit, the second with a 2L limit, and the third with a 4L limit, my total limit from ICICI Bank is 7L, and it will show the same in CIBIL on the main page as a total limit of 7L (total limit will show only to those who login through the official CIBIL website since it's not part of the report). Now if I ask the bank to merge or combine the limit, then they will combine the limit of all three cards to 4L. At least, that is what I saw happening after I read the whole thread. I may be wrong. Now the total limit we will get from ICICI Bank is just 4 L, which is less by 3L than the total limit we were getting. which eventually is not good for our CIBIL since the ratio of total limit and used limit is decreasing, resulting in a lower CIBIL score. If anyone can shed some light on this, that will be helpful since I am confused about what to do.
In cibil, 3 accounts for ICICI will be created - one for Gemstone cards/core cards like coral/rubyx/sapphiro/emerald, one for cobranded like Mmt signature/manchester UTD and finally one for Amazon pay. Limit will be shared only and not separate. Whichever is your highest limit card - you can get other cards limits matched upto that. For me, my Apay was 4L limit and my Coral was at 5.4L, I asked to match limits and now both my cards are at 5.4L limits. My total limit was 5.4L only and not 4+5.4 as ICICI has shared aggregate limit.

NeutronNova

TF Buzz
In cibil, 3 accounts for ICICI will be created - one for Gemstone cards/core cards like coral/rubyx/sapphiro/emerald, one for cobranded like Mmt signature/manchester UTD and finally one for Amazon pay. Limit will be shared only and not separate. Whichever is your highest limit card - you can get other cards limits matched upto that. For me, my Apay was 4L limit and my Coral was at 5.4L, I asked to match limits and now both my cards are at 5.4L limits. My total limit was 5.4L only and not 4+5.4 as ICICI has shared aggregate limit.
what is your total limit now?

James

TF Ace
Is this true? Because icici was rejecting my normal credit card applications. For amazon pay card also, I had problems in applying. How can I confirm this?

If it's approved, truly it's because my relationship with Amazon only
Screenshot_2023_0606_102132.png

James

TF Ace
Didn't you apply through the Amazon app?
Applied on Amazon only. But I applied twice
One on 4th June and another on 5th June. The one I applied on 4th June was not showing on 5th June. So I applied again on 5th June. But the card was approved and the application of 5th June is rejected. So, amazon is showing latest rejection only. I don't know how long will they take to link

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Applied on Amazon only. But I applied twice
One on 4th June and another on 5th June. The one I applied on 4th June was not showing on 5th June. So I applied again on 5th June. But the card was approved and the application of 5th June is rejected. So, amazon is showing latest rejection only. I don't know how long will they take to link
That's quite a mess. If everything was in order, it would have shown up in your Amazon app immediately. In my opinion, you should contact customer care immediately and ask them to sort it out.

James

TF Ace
That's quite a mess. If everything was in order, it would have shown up in your Amazon app immediately. In my opinion, you should contact customer care immediately and ask them to sort it out.
Hm. I already tried it. Hope they will fix the issue. But I don't know why they hide my application and approved it 🙄