• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I need some suggestions for HDFC Bank Credit Card Upgrade.

Asim

TF Buzz
Hi Guys,

I have a HDFC VISA SIGN REGALIA INTL credit card with Rs.1452000 credit limit and lifetime free. I have received an upgrade offer of HDFC V INFINIA METAL CARD with the same credit limit and Rs.12500 annual fees. My Annual spending is around Rs.750000 Is it advisable to accept the offer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_204618.jpg
    IMG_20220626_204618.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 148

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

I have a HDFC VISA SIGN REGALIA INTL credit card with Rs.1452000 credit limit and lifetime free. I have received an upgrade offer of HDFC V INFINIA METAL CARD with the same credit limit and Rs.12500 annual fees. My Annual spending is around Rs.750000 Is it advisable to accept the offer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
yes go for it. also may i know when was the last limit enhancement that u received of 14L and from how much.

Vishvajeet

TF Select
Not realted to your query
But i want to know i have very basic hdfc 6e rewards cards with 50000 ,been 4 months now i want to upgrade to a better one
What should i do? And also it's my first card

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family
Hi Guys,

Could you please share, how long have you been using regalia?

Souvik

TF Premier
Depends if you think you can extract benefits worth 12.5k from this card then go for it.

It's unlikely to get a infinia LTF but no harm in writing to the bank and trying once.

jayks

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Go for it. Even if you don't meet the annual fee wavier you get 12500 reward points on payment of annual fee. So you're effectively paying only the GST component (Rs. 2250). Your savings will be at least 20x that.

Souvik

TF Premier
Go for it. Even if you don't meet the annual fee wavier you get 12500 reward points on payment of annual fee. So you're effectively paying only the GST component (Rs. 2250). Your savings will be at least 20x that.
Agreed but that 12.5k points can also be only spent on HDFC Reward point portals for redemption to anything else, so effectively HDFC Bank is getting business worth 12.5k a year out of you at least. And reward points redemption to flights/cash etc. ratio is dependent on bank, they will change it to suit their purpose/interests :D . + Loss on GST.

I have a LTF Regalia with 15L limit, and moving onto a paid credit card is not on my mind. I hardly use my Regalia as I have moved to cashback cards now. I have tried flights on smartbuy a couple of times, but I have found flights on other portals cheaper than smartbuy prices, so I don't want to pay more and then get points on that to be more and more involved and limited to HDFC's ecosystem. If credit card is considered as a status symbol, then I can hardly comment on that !

@Asim For 750,000 spending you may better calculate Infina reward points by individual category and then take a decision.

Parvesh Goyal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

U should definitely go for it. The effective cost is only GST which may be Rs 2250 after getting the reward points equal to card fee and it can b recovered easily because of decent reward rate. Reward rate is pretty good on Smartbuy. But redemption of reward points is restricted to only traveling. If u travel a lot, then you should undoubtedly go for it.

U can try ur luck by asking LTF card to ur RM. It can b possible. I am also enjoying LTF Infinia.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi Guys,

you need 10 lakhs for fees reversal and plus it should have been FYF , cause your limit and spend are good enough, and plus when does your card renewal year is ?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
U should definitely go for it. The effective cost is only GST which may be Rs 2250 after getting the reward points equal to card fee and it can b recovered easily because of decent reward rate. Reward rate is pretty good on Smartbuy. But redemption of reward points is restricted to only traveling. If u travel a lot, then you should undoubtedly go for it.

U can try ur luck by asking LTF card to ur RM. It can b possible. I am also enjoying LTF Infinia.
me too mine is Plastic , what about your?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I also have LTF plastic one. HDFC is sending emails frequently to upgrade to metal but I always ignore. Plastic one is good in terms of fee and annual spending milestone (for paid version).
so true, can i ask when does your expiry year is ? mine is 01/2024, so i won't upgrade to metal or any paid variant and hdfc isn't issuing plastic variant so will the renewal of the card would be plastic or metal! i think it could be metal but FYF which I'm not interested either ! let c