• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I have got DCB as LTF should I get Axis Magnus?

TF Premier
I have been using the axis flipkart as my main card. I also had a regalia but did not use it due to lower rewards. But recently I got DCB as LTF. I am planning to use DCB as my main card.
My Avg Monthly spends are 18000 and in at least 1 month I will cross 1 Lakh spends. I like to travel a lot and at least 2 time in a year I will fly with wife.
should I get Axis Magnus to use as my main card.

Sagar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
what is alumni route?...i got a call from a third party agency saying they are giving dcb as ltf...dont know if i should trust them or not
They provide dcb ltf if you are a student/alumni from a reputed college. that's the only way to get ltf. not sure how 3rd party can provide you dcb as ltf. I doubt that.

mystic

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have been using the axis flipkart as my main card. I also had a regalia but did not use it due to lower rewards. But recently I got DCB as LTF. I am planning to use DCB as my main card.
My Avg Monthly spends are 18000 and in at least 1 month I will cross 1 Lakh spends. I like to travel a lot and at least 2 time in a year I will fly with wife.
I also got DCB LTF last month. It is my primary card now. If there are spends below 150 rupees, i use Airtel Axis which was my primary card earlier.

mystic

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Also, I'm contemplating on Axis Magnus and my spends are less than 1L per month, so DCB would suffice.

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
With less than 1 lakh spend for most of the months, it may not make sense for you to get Magnus inpite of standard reward rate being higher than DCB (4.8 point per 100 vs 3.3 of DCB). With 18K spend per month you will get just 270 extra miles per month which turns out to 3240 miles annualized. If you add once a year 1 lakh spend bonus, that will be another 20000 miles. And this will come with 11800 annual fee (partially offset by joining/renewal benefit).
For deriving maximum value from Magnus you will have to try and miximise point value against clear Re.1 per point value of DCB. In my view, this is just too much hassle for very limited upside.