• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Premier Mastercard_Metal Card

Post number 74 has been selected as best answer.

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have received offer from the HSBC to move to HSBC Premier Mastercard Metal card. Has anyone else on the forum received such offer or does anyone already has the metal card version of the Premier Card? Curious to learn about experience.

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi, did you have to contact the customer care or RM for the metal card or did the bank dispatch it on their own.
I too have HSBC premier credit card pvc variant. My RM told me the bank will dispatch the metal card on their own without me having to do anything. Kindly help.
I feel it is better to approach the nearest branch and apply for upgrade of the Premier card. They will raise request for replacement of your existing premier card with Metal one. Only part is you need to meet the premier banking criteria. RM route may depend on how that person is. I was told my card can not be upgraded to Metal as I do not have spends of even 12L in the current calendar despite meeting premier criteria. RM mentioned they are doing upgrades for clients having 12L spends in calendar but they can issue metal add on card to me. This seemed shady to me as no such thing was mentioned in the mailer to me so I went to nearest branch and they processed my request without any hassles and got my card within 3 days.

Last edited:

GypsySoul

TF Buzz
I feel it is better to approach the nearest branch and apply for upgrade of the Premier card. They will raise request for replacement of your existing premier card with Metal one. Only part is you need to meet the premier banking criteria. RM route may depend on how that person is. I was told my card can not be upgraded to Metal as I do not have spends of even 12L in the current calendar despite meeting premier criterial. RM mentioned they are doing upgrades for clients having 12L spends in calendar but they can issue metal add on card to me. This seemed shady to me as no such thing was mentioned in the mailer to me so I went to nearest branch and they processed my request without any hassles and got my card within 3 days.
Ok. I will do the same. Head to the branch and get my premier metal credit card request processed.
Thank you 🙏

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I feel it is better to approach the nearest branch and apply for upgrade of the Premier card. They will raise request for replacement of your existing premier card with Metal one. Only part is you need to meet the premier banking criteria. RM route may depend on how that person is. I was told my card can not be upgraded to Metal as I do not have spends of even 12L in the current calendar despite meeting premier criteria. RM mentioned they are doing upgrades for clients having 12L spends in calendar but they can issue metal add on card to me. This seemed shady to me as no such thing was mentioned in the mailer to me so I went to nearest branch and they processed my request without any hassles and got my card within 3 days.
Thanks for sharing,
is the joining fees applicable on premier credit card for premier account holder? And do we get Taj Voucher against the joining fee.

My RM told me it's chargeable joining fees of 12k from 1 Jan, however no annual fees as long as premier, so looking to additional views on joining fees, with/without Taj Voucher

percolate

TF Buzz
Thanks for sharing,
is the joining fees applicable on premier credit card for premier account holder? And do we get Taj Voucher against the joining fee.

My RM told me it's chargeable joining fees of 12k from 1 Jan, however no annual fees as long as premier, so looking to additional views on joining fees, with/without Taj Voucher
I guess you will get the Taj voucher irrespective of joining fee paid or not. Did you try asking RM or the phone banking?

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for sharing,

I got upgrade done in before Jan 24 so can't say for sure. I suggest you visit nearest hsbc branch and check out the conditions first hand. Do you hold hsbc premier pvc card? My case was upgrade from pvc to metal and I was not charged. Branch just checked if I met the premier criteria and processed request for upgrading card to metal. They placed request for replacement of card.