• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Bank Account

SarthakModak

TF Buzz
I want to open a HSBC Bank Basic Savings Account.Can anyone tell me the disadvantages of HSBC Bank savings account if they are a HSBC Bank customer? I mean the things I should know before opening the account. Moreover I will open that account from Chennai and I don't live in Chennai so would I face any difficulty while opening the account?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I want to open a HSBC Bank Basic Savings Account.Can anyone tell me the disadvantages of HSBC Bank savings account if they are a HSBC Bank customer? I mean the things I should know before opening the account. Moreover I will open that account from Chennai and I don't live in Chennai so would I face any difficulty while opening the account?
you mean zero balance basic savings account?
it's (benefits) same for all banks actually

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
All banks basic banking have some restriction, in terms #total credit, value of credit in total /year.
All the large banks are offering basic bank account to meet RBI circular that each bank has to offer one basic account with no charges, so this is very restrictive account across any banks with some changes.

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For credit card offers?
Not sure thought, don't hold any of the basic account, as it mainly restrictive account (may be some bank are bit generous) but not a good spot for getting credit card.

Hearing this that most are not getting credit card if one has too many card. I did got HSBC after after 12+ other cards.

So mostly all about complete profile, and bit of luck

U have to visit branch. Tell the banker why do u want the basic savings account in hsbc. They will open it for u. Hsbc is brilliant in terms of service.