• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to upgrade to preferred debit card?

I have hdfc preferred Account and millenia card. Wanted to upgrade to preferred debit card. Has anyone upgraded to preferred card on their own from mobile banking. It shows platinum debit card when i try on upgrade. Not sure if that is the regular platinum card or preferred platinum card? 31CF5FF4-BD38-4E8A-B140-4AAA60AF66DE.jpeg

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
I am having hdfc preferred but not maintaining 2L past few months, i want to change millennia DC to Normal Easy shop platinum debit card for CC bill payments.

If i request via online will i get preferred Easy shop? Or have to visit branch and request?
It Depends If You're In Preferred Now Or Not... It Doesn't Depends On Weather You're Maintaining Or Not.... If Preferred Is Showing In NetBanking Then Apply Online... You'll Get Preferred Card

Karthik:

TF Premier
I am having hdfc preferred but not maintaining 2L past few months, i want to change millennia DC to Normal Easy shop platinum debit card for CC bill payments.

If i request via online will i get preferred Easy shop? Or have to visit branch and request?
Don’t worry. Both are same card with exactly same features. Only the skin is different. You won’t be charged later even if you get preferred platinum debit card now and subsequently if your account gets downgraded to a lower programme with account variant not below Savings max. Otherwise you will be charged 750+GST starting immediately. This is what my RM said when I asked for classic easyshop platinum DC. Check with your RM also once. This is why for safer side, I got my account variant upgraded to savings max from regular. Have also signed up for classic. In case I lose classic programme, savings max will save me from DC charges.

Last edited:

skvignesh

TF Premier
Don’t worry. Both are same card with exactly same features. Only the skin is different. You won’t be charged later even if you get preferred platinum debit card now and subsequently if your account gets downgraded to a lower programme with account variant not below Savings max. Otherwise you will be charged 750+GST starting immediately. This is what my RM said when I asked for classic easyshop platinum DC. Check with your RM also once. This is why for safer side, I got my account variant upgraded to savings max from regular. Have also signed up for classic. In case I lose classic programme, savings max will save me from DC charges.
thanks got preferred debit card but not maintaing 2L past 8 months..., will also upgrade account to savings max...

Karthik:

TF Premier
SavingsMax would actually be considered a downgrade.
Classic, preferred and imperia are programmes and not account variants. So with all these programmes we’ll have base account variant. It can be any type of savings account like Regular, Senior citizen, savings max etc. Initially my account variant was Regular. I then upgraded it to Savings max + Classic Programme. Had I not upgraded my account to Savings max, in case I don’t maintain balance required for classic programme, I end up with regular savings account. For which everything is charged. He meant account Variant upgrade from regular to savings max.

Card noob

TF Select
Classic, preferred and imperia are programmes and not account variants. So with all these programmes we’ll have base account variant. It can be any type of savings account like Regular, Senior citizen, savings max etc. Initially my account variant was Regular. I then upgraded it to Savings max + Classic Programme. Had I not upgraded my account to Savings max, in case I don’t maintain balance required for classic programme, I end up with regular savings account. For which everything is charged. He meant account Variant upgrade from regular to savings max.
Did you convert your account variant to savings max while still being in classic?
How?

Karthik:

TF Premier
Did you convert your account variant to savings max while still being in classic?
How?
I first upgraded my account variant to Savings max and then signed up for classic. You can also upgrade the account variant while you are in classic. But sometimes people at HDFC don't understand the difference and tell you that you are downgrading your account etc. So it is better to upgrade the account variant and then sign up for classic.

Card noob

TF Select
I first upgraded my account variant to Savings max and then signed up for classic. You can also upgrade the account variant while you are in classic. But sometimes people at HDFC don't understand the difference and tell you that you are downgrading your account etc. So it is better to upgrade the account variant and then sign up for classic.
Okay but I am already in preferred with regular savings variant and will now convert the regular to savings max