• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to manage your credit cards : Tracking credit card important details, bill payment status, targeted offers

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
If you have one or two credit cards, then managing those cards are not that difficult. But what if you have more than 5 credit cards?
In this case, I'd recommend you to maintain some Excel sheets for managing all your credit cards properly.
I personally maintain 3 excel sheets for managing all my 40 credit cards.

1. For tracking credit cards important details
2. For racking credit card bill payment tracking
3. For tracking spend-based offer

I'm uploading my excel sheet format here. You can download and use it if you want.

And don't forget to watch this video -

Attachments

• My Credit Cards.xlsx
    7.1 KB · Views: 2,052
  • Credit Cards Bill Payment Tracking.xlsx
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,880
  • Spend Based Offer Tracking.xlsx
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,817

Lokesh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Wh
If you have one or two credit cards, then managing those cards are not that difficult. But what if you have more than 5 credit cards?
In this case, I'd recommend you to maintain some Excel sheets for managing all your credit cards properly.

I'm uploading my excel sheet format here. You can download and use it if you want.
What does Cibil date mean in the first file?

arjun

TF Select

I still can't believe how do you manage 40 cc? Like seriously bro, here having 5 cc also is headache

Navin192

TF Neo
That's CIBIL reporting date, to know more (in-depth info), watch this video -
And follow this thread- https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/credit-card-cibil-reporting-date.375/

i have two doubts bro

regarding those banks who report credit utilisation to bureau on month ends...
1) they will report the utilisation based on last generated bill or current utilisation(month end)?

regarding annual waiver

2) certain credit cards have spend based annual waiver of AMC
for considering the total spends ......the bank looks the combined generated bills of 12 months ?? or combined spends??

becoz if i pay the utilised amount before bill generation everymonth......the combined bills of 12 months will be lower than the criteria for AMC waiver .however my combined spends would be greater than the criteria .

SC_23

TF Premier
1) they will report the utilisation based on last generated bill or current utilisation(month end)?
Adding to this if credit card og bill cycle was different from the one currently do bank also adjust their cibil reporting date accordingly?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
i have two doubts bro

regarding annual waiver

2) certain credit cards have spend based annual waiver of AMC
for considering the total spends ......the bank looks the combined generated bills of 12 months ?? or combined spends??

becoz if i pay the utilised amount before bill generation everymonth......the combined bills of 12 months will be lower than the criteria for AMC waiver .however my combined spends would be greater than the criteria .
1. Your uses till month end (not according to any bill cycle).
2. Combined spends

Adding to this if credit card og bill cycle was different from the one currently do bank also adjust their cibil reporting date accordingly?
Maximum bank adjust accordingly (example- icici)

AsB

TF Ace
I also use Google Tasks to remind me of the due date.

I just make a reminder on the date that I want to make the Credit Card payment (mostly a day after the bill generation date). Just to be on the safe side, I make two copies of the same (so, in total 3 reminders) in each subsequent day.

CCgeek

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Though I already use excel to maintain the CC records, these sheets are really helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Not able to open excels

hashiro7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
does anyone know RBL bank cibil reporting date? is it month end ? I'm updating my current excel file i forget to add this detail
RBL - MONTH END 30/31

35manikanta

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

And don't forget to watch this video -

Thank you Sumanta, i have asked you for this excel sheet in twitter and happy that you made a video and also shared the same here....really helpful...