• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

how to increase or get offer to increase hdfc credit card limit

Mr. Aman

TF Select
Hlo guy's
I'm holding hdfc bank credit card form last 16 months but I'll didn't receive a limit enhancement offer I'll you that card well
my limit on that card is 50k . at the same I'll have axis Bank credit Card is with 200k limit
how can I' increase my limit any email id to write mails or any of your experiences .

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think that CIBIL check takes place before any communication to the customer from the bank. At least, Ii happened in my case.
No, the initial LE review takes place on the income proof and once HDFC feels there is a scope of LE they will confirm via email on the amount and ask for consent if the suggested LE is acceptable? Once consent is received external checks are made like CIBIL. If you read the email from HDFC its clearly mentioned that LE is subject to CIBIL and internal checks.

senasenthil

TF Premier
No, the initial LE review takes place on the income proof and once HDFC feels there is a scope of LE they will confirm via email on the amount and ask for consent if the suggested LE is acceptable? Once consent is received external checks are made like CIBIL. If you read the email from HDFC its clearly mentioned that LE is subject to CIBIL and internal checks.
I applied for LE a week before. I got to know about the CIBIL enquiry last evening. The increased credit limit is visible on the mobile app this morning. However, I am yet to get any response (phone/email/SMS) from HDFC to my request for LE.

senasenthil

TF Premier
Its quite strange usually HDFC assigns a ticket for every email, and responds accordingly.
When I requested card upgrade and LE, through email/online form, tickets were promptly assigned as there was no human intervention. However, the requests were turned with stereotype messages but received only after 7-14 days. Then, I sent the request for LE with supporting documents through post. Now, the card is upgraded with increased CL but I am not sure whether the action taken was based on email requests for upgrade and LE (which were turned down) or snail mail request (which they would have received a couple of days before) for only LE.

But, there was no mail asking for my consent. Whatever I received from them so far were two mails rejecting my request for upgrade and LE.

Last edited:

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When I requested card upgrade and LE, through email/online form, tickets were promptly assigned as there was no human intervention. However, the requests were turned with stereotype messages but received only after 7-14 days. Then, I sent the request for LE with supporting documents through post. Now, the card is upgraded with increased CL but I am not sure whether the action taken was based on email requests for upgrade and LE (which were turned down) or snail mail request (which they would have received a couple of days before) for only LE.

But, there was no mail asking for my consent. Whatever I received from them so far were two mails rejecting my request for upgrade and LE.
Most probabaly you got LE based on the documents sent by post, thats why no email for consent.

senasenthil

TF Premier
Most probabaly you got LE based on the documents sent by post, thats why no email for consent.
Received my upgraded card with limit enhancement this morning. But, received the email with the below message this afternoon:

Dear Card Member,

Subject : Your HDFC Bank International Credit Card 4854XXXXXXXXXXXX

We have reviewed your request for Credit Limit Enhancement on the captioned card account.

We wish to inform you that your limit enhancement request has been considered in line with the bank's internal credit policy, which is based on a combination of financial and related criteria and/or statistically determined scores to assess credit eligibility and operating/credit processes which include a combination of verifications, credit bureau reports and document verifications.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process the limit enhancement request at this point in time, as it does not meet the above mentioned internal criteria of the bank.

We would like to assure you that non approval of limit enhancement does not reflect on your credit standing or your financial stability.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification, please contact our customer service representatives at any of our 24 hour call center telephone numbers given below.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Regards

Credit Officer
HDFC Bank- Credit Cards

Mr. Aman

TF Select
Received my upgraded card with limit enhancement this morning. But, received the email with the below message this afternoon:

Dear Card Member,

Subject : Your HDFC Bank International Credit Card 4854XXXXXXXXXXXX

We have reviewed your request for Credit Limit Enhancement on the captioned card account.

We wish to inform you that your limit enhancement request has been considered in line with the bank's internal credit policy, which is based on a combination of financial and related criteria and/or statistically determined scores to assess credit eligibility and operating/credit processes which include a combination of verifications, credit bureau reports and document verifications.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process the limit enhancement request at this point in time, as it does not meet the above mentioned internal criteria of the bank.

We would like to assure you that non approval of limit enhancement does not reflect on your credit standing or your financial stability.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification, please contact our customer service representatives at any of our 24 hour call center telephone numbers given below.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Regards

Credit Officer
HDFC Bank- Credit Cards
may the sent u the mail by mistake

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
hi guys i am a student and i have hdfc credit card of 10000 limit i got it recently in march . how can i get pre approved offer to increase limit or is there any trick to increase credit limit . any tips .
HDFC salaried ko LE nhi de raha, student ko unsecured credit card mil gaya wahi bhot baadi baat hai.

For now Focus on your study and Use your card in a Disciplined Manner to Improve CIBIL Profile.

Subhajeet

TF Select
i am a classic account holder and i am 2nd year mbbs student
That does not matter as stated to me by my rm he told credit card issuance is solely the decision of the bank and bank and card dept works totally in isolation u can have an Imperia account but will not get the infinia card at first u will get at best ragalia and then basis ur spending and all others parameters if u qualify will get the infinia if you are lucky

danish

TF Ace
That does not matter as stated to me by my rm he told credit card issuance is solely the decision of the bank and bank and card dept works totally in isolation u can have an Imperia account but will not get the infinia card at first u will get at best ragalia and then basis ur spending and all others parameters if u qualify will get the infinia if you are lucky
i have a credit limit of 10 k i just want to upgrade it to 20 k that it so i asked for tips . you guys are saying i am student i got unsecured card that is big thing . i only ask for tips how to spend or something so that i can get le

danish

TF Ace
and in my first post you can see i only said i want tips for le then vishesh bansal sir told me that you are student you got unsecured that is big thing . @TechnoFino

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
and in my first post you can see i only said i want tips for le then vishesh bansal sir told me that you are student you got unsecured that is big thing . @TechnoFino
You have to request for LE manually by sharing Salary slips/ITR/Form 16

I do not think you have salary slips/ITR/Form 16 as of now

Automatic LE are Automatic.

I am also stuck at 36k from last 2 years even after sharing income Proofs and I also hold classic Account.

So I shifted to other Banks.