• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

how to increase or get offer to increase hdfc credit card limit

Mr. Aman

TF Select
Hlo guy's
I'm holding hdfc bank credit card form last 16 months but I'll didn't receive a limit enhancement offer I'll you that card well
my limit on that card is 50k . at the same I'll have axis Bank credit Card is with 200k limit
how can I' increase my limit any email id to write mails or any of your experiences .

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You have to request for LE manually by sharing Salary slips/ITR/Form 16

I do not think you have salary slips/ITR/Form 16 as of now

Automatic LE are Automatic.

I am also stuck at 36k from last 2 years even after sharing income Proofs and I also hold classic Account.

So I shifted to other Banks.
They gave me DCP with 1L limit also holding imperia :(

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You have to request for LE manually by sharing Salary slips/ITR/Form 16

I do not think you have salary slips/ITR/Form 16 as of now

Automatic LE are Automatic.

I am also stuck at 36k from last 2 years even after sharing income Proofs and I also hold classic Account.

So I shifted to other Banks.
I've mailed graveiance redressal for LE c2c lets see what happens

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
and in my first post you can see i only said i want tips for le then vishesh bansal sir told me that you are student you got unsecured that is big thing . @TechnoFino
Dude, many years back when I was doing my PhD, I used to receive my fellowship in Canara Bank. The manager had taken approval for giving unsecured cards to students who received their fellowship at that branch. Using the BMs discretion I got my first card from Canara Bank with a limit of 50K. I had submitted my admission offer letter, UGC notification and bank statement for my first card. Using that card I got other cards. If your CIBIL score is high then you can directly ask the manager of your branch to use their discretion and enhance your limit. I told them that I need the card to book flight tickets for foreign conferences and that convinced them.

My 2nd card was HDFC Regalia First with a limit of around a lakh acquired on C2C basis. Try again and again till you succeed. That mantra only works with HDFC ! The problem is that every executive interprets their policies differently. It is only a matter of your case being reviewed by the right person who can help you. All the best!

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
How did you try upgrading your card?
Been trying for past 1 year. Was holding Moneyback card for past 3+ years. Recently they agreed somehow. Had to mail several times.

Same experience with almost every HDFC customer. No matter you're Classic, Preferred or Imperia customer. They don't even care about retention. That's why I said HDFC is a hopeless bank.

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Been trying for past 1 year. Was holding Moneyback card for past 3+ years. Recently they agreed somehow. Had to mail several times.

Same experience with almost every HDFC customer. They don't even care about retention. That's why I said HDFC is a hopeless bank.
I only asked for upgrades through graveiance redressal and it was smooth. No troubles at all 3y of total period with 4 upgrades

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Same experience with almost every HDFC customer. No matter you're Classic, Preferred or Imperia customer. They don't even care about retention. That's why I said HDFC is a hopeless bank.
For LE they ask ITR and due to deductions net income comes low

cryoengine

TF Premier
I thought Axis was bad giving 15k limit, so how did hdfc give only 10k? Was it pre-approved or applied directly?

On topic, I don't think hdfc is gonna budge with LE... maybe close the current cc and wait for pre-approved cc

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
and in my first post you can see i only said i want tips for le then vishesh bansal sir told me that you are student you got unsecured that is big thing . @TechnoFino
Exactly, that's a big thing for a student. After hearing all these grievances, you should try mailing at grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com 🤣

Holding MoneyBack Business card for almost 14 years and last month they took pity on me and increased it by mere 10k and now my limit is 60k and your card is not even 6 months old 🤣 your credit card journey has just begun, use your card, pay your bills on time and your Cibil will keep improving. There is no shortcut.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Exactly, that's a big thing for a student. After hearing all these grievances, you should try mailing at grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com 🤣

Holding MoneyBack Business card for almost 14 years and last month they took pity on me and increased it by mere 10k and now my limit is 60k and your card is not even 6 months old 🤣 your credit card journey has just begun, use your card, pay your bills on time and your Cibil will keep improving. There is no shortcut.
Bro 14 years? Aap to pure bhare baithe hoge

Aman Kumar

TF Buzz
hi guys i am a student and i have hdfc credit card of 10000 limit i got it recently in march . how can i get pre approved offer to increase limit or is there any trick to increase credit limit . any tips .
Have you applied directly or you got pre-approved offer?
I have regular account of 10K AQB but got pre approved Millenia with 1.5L limit.

As you got limit of 10k, I assume that you applied it yourself. If you would have waited for pre-approved offer then you could have got at least 50k limit on your card. HDFC normally gives pre-approved offer within 3 4 months of account opening. I got offer of Moneyback with 50k limit. I didn't apply and then after 30-45 days I got 2nd offer of Millenia with 1.5L limit.

PS: I got my card on Feb 2023 and I was 18 at that time. I am also a student and they didn't require any income proof since it was pre approved.