• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB How to get HDFC Diners Club Credit Card Life Time Free

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

HDFC Bank runs a special Diners Institute Program for the people who have either completed their education from the list of institutes mentioned below link or are part of the Club mentioned in the below link:

List of Eligible Institute & Club Link: Link

Under this program, you are eligible for a Diners Club Credit Card on Life Time Free basis. The card variant depends upon your Salary and Card Limit. (As updated by the Bank person the eligibility has been relaxed a little on 21-Dec-2022)

1. For the Diners Club Black variant you need to have a Monthly salary of more than 1.45L

2. If you do not meet the above criteria and still your Institute is part of the above list you will be given the Diners Club Privilege variant

3. If you are a final year student studying in any of the above-mentioned colleges, the Card against your institute name will be provided to you as Life Time Free

The process to Apply:

Long Process:

1. mail to priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com along with the name of the Institute or Club

2. They will revert back and ask you to apply on the following link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/dinersblackinstitute/index.html after which in a couple of days someone from HDFC Bank will reach out to you

3. You need to submit your Degree Certificat / Club Membership Proof, Last three-month Salary Slip, and Bank account statement in which your Salary was credited

Short Proces:

With the consent of the person from HDFC bank who reached out to me, I am sharing their number so you can directly get in touch with them and they will help you with the application.

Yadurya P B: +91 90660 89550
yadurya.pb@hdfcbank.com

I would like to thank all contributing members of this post (https://tfcommunity.app.link/ret6xj21Vvb) through which I get to know about this special program.

Please feel free to Drop your queries :)

Edit:

8-Jan-2023: If you are already having a HDFC card mentioned in above list, it will be not converted to lifetime free.

19-Jan-2023: The list of eligible institutes and Cards have been updated on 19-Jan-2023 which were in effect from 21-Dec-2022 and eligibility criteria has been modified.

K~14

Last edited:

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can someone help me in understanding this, it says complimentary insurance cover is covered under DCB. Can I go ahead apply for this?

If someone already applied for this, please be kind to guide me.

Attachments

• IMG20230603223508.jpg
    IMG20230603223508.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41

ankitfintech

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Those who have successfully applied for the HDFC LTF upgrade, can you help here with timelines like how much time they take to complete this process?
I had applied to "escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com" on May 4th. And its almost a month, I am still stuck in the process. They initially asked me to confirm for pricing along with other confirmations. When I replied back that I want to upgrade under Alumni offer and hence it should be LTF, they removed pricing confirmation requirement. And I submitted them the upgrade form along with other confirmations on May 18th. And since then they have been simply extending the deadlines for reply by 5 days when the 5 days are over to process my application.
They also have still never confirmed that I will be offered LTF card.
Is it just me who is facing this very slow processing or its the same for others? Kindly share the email address through which you were communication.

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Mine took less than one week for getting the card and this happened in the last week only. I have sent the request to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com. I wasn't asked to fill the form. They just asked my certificate, 3 months payslips, office id, which card to upgrade if you hold more than one card and consent to upgrade and transfer the existing reward points to DCB.
Those who have successfully applied for the HDFC LTF upgrade, can you help here with timelines like how much time they take to complete this process?
I had applied to "escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com" on May 4th. And its almost a month, I am still stuck in the process. They initially asked me to confirm for pricing along with other confirmations. When I replied back that I want to upgrade under Alumni offer and hence it should be LTF, they removed pricing confirmation requirement. And I submitted them the upgrade form along with other confirmations on May 18th. And since then they have been simply extending the deadlines for reply by 5 days when the 5 days are over to process my application.
Is it just me who is facing this very slow processing or its the same for others? Kindly share the email address through which you were communication.

AJ331

TF Select
Mine took less than one week for getting the card and this happened in the last week only. I have sent the request to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com. I wasn't asked to fill the form. They just asked my certificate, 3 months payslips, office id, which card to upgrade if you hold more than one card and consent to upgrade and transfer the existing reward points to DCB.
about 1 plus week for me, same procedure as above

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bro, try sending it on PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.. they will always reply within 24 hrs and if they say they are looking into your request and will reply by a date, they reply by that date without being late.

Just mail them that you came to know about dcb ltf program under alumni program.. provide your institute name and ask them if your institute is eligible

ankitfintech

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bro, try sending it on PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.. they will always reply within 24 hrs and if they say they are looking into your request and will reply by a date, they reply by that date without being late.

Just mail them that you came to know about dcb ltf program under alumni program.. provide your institute name and ask them if your institute is eligible
Got it eventually with my original email sent to escalation.cc hdfc bank email address.
Had to write a polite but strongly worded email on the very slow service.. They simply sent the card to home without even updating on email. I although confirmed on email that it's a LTF card.

Thank you all the members for helping and technofino website..

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got a reply from grievience redressal they said to reprocess the application , they need a clear copy of addon card holder PAN Card with primary applicants sign

We have sent the required documents hopefully it should get approved now
Did you finally get the card? I am also in the same situation, due to WFH.

My college is in the list and I also meet income criteria. But I don't have any existing relationship (No account & no HDFC card) with HDFC, nor do I currently have a card with 5L limit. My highlist limit currently is 2.94L from Axis. Do you think I can get the DCB LTF?

AJ331

TF Select
Did you finally get the card? I am also in the same situation, due to WFH.

My college is in the list and I also meet income criteria. But I don't have any existing relationship (No account & no HDFC card) with HDFC, nor do I currently have a card with 5L limit. My highlist limit currently is 2.94L from Axis. Do you think I can get the DCB LTF?
yes

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I got DCB LTF using Alumni offer, it took me around 10 days, in which firstly I asked them to confirm if my college is in the list (Which I knew is already their). And after they confirmed that my college is in the list, I asked them to upgrade my LTF DC Privilege card to LTF DC Black, I did mentioned that my salary is matching the criteria of DCB.
They replied back we cannot offer you LTF DCB due to some internal criteria. Then I replied back that I should be given DCB LTF as I do get daily mail and message from HDFC that I should upgrade my DCP to DCB as First year free. So as I fulfill the salary and Alumni criteria and you are offering me DCB as paid card, I should get it LTF. They asked me the share the screenshot of SMS and mail regarding paid upgrade to DCB which I immediately shared.

So they replied back in 2-3 days that we are willing to offer you DCB as LTF and provided the credit card upgrade form and asked me to reply back with duly filled/signed upgrade form and my degree certificate. I replied with form, degree certificate, salary slip (extra) and bank statement (extra) and then it go issued in 2 days.
I also confirmed on the mail that I understand I will get 50% of existing reward points.

Thanks

Last edited:

saucy

TF Ace
Email to grieveance? Or some other?
Update: I have sent an email to HDFC asking for limit enhancement saying that being a classic banking customer and holding a salary with them is of no use as I was in worry that my upgrade to Diners club black would be rejected based on the criteria as my current limit is only 4.1 lakhs.

I have called the customer care just to check whether my number is registered for fast lane premium services(classic banking) or not and it got connected. Eventhough I didn't have queries I just started asking about limit enhancement query on my regalia and he said that he is seeing a diners black credit card generated. I logged into HDFC app and I see it generated with name as New Diners Black card dom. Can someone please clarify if that's DINERS black card or not?

Thanks to all the people here who helped me in getting this card.