• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB How to get HDFC Diners Club Credit Card Life Time Free

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

HDFC Bank runs a special Diners Institute Program for the people who have either completed their education from the list of institutes mentioned below link or are part of the Club mentioned in the below link:

List of Eligible Institute & Club Link: Link

Under this program, you are eligible for a Diners Club Credit Card on Life Time Free basis. The card variant depends upon your Salary and Card Limit. (As updated by the Bank person the eligibility has been relaxed a little on 21-Dec-2022)

1. For the Diners Club Black variant you need to have a Monthly salary of more than 1.45L

2. If you do not meet the above criteria and still your Institute is part of the above list you will be given the Diners Club Privilege variant

3. If you are a final year student studying in any of the above-mentioned colleges, the Card against your institute name will be provided to you as Life Time Free

The process to Apply:

Long Process:

1. mail to priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com along with the name of the Institute or Club

2. They will revert back and ask you to apply on the following link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/dinersblackinstitute/index.html after which in a couple of days someone from HDFC Bank will reach out to you

3. You need to submit your Degree Certificat / Club Membership Proof, Last three-month Salary Slip, and Bank account statement in which your Salary was credited

Short Proces:

With the consent of the person from HDFC bank who reached out to me, I am sharing their number so you can directly get in touch with them and they will help you with the application.

Yadurya P B: +91 90660 89550
yadurya.pb@hdfcbank.com

I would like to thank all contributing members of this post (https://tfcommunity.app.link/ret6xj21Vvb) through which I get to know about this special program.

Please feel free to Drop your queries :)

Edit:

8-Jan-2023: If you are already having a HDFC card mentioned in above list, it will be not converted to lifetime free.

19-Jan-2023: The list of eligible institutes and Cards have been updated on 19-Jan-2023 which were in effect from 21-Dec-2022 and eligibility criteria has been modified.

K~14

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
yeah
I have done that , waiting for their response

I think even axis has this stupid rule of 200 km which means completely illogical in this post Covid era.

ICICI May not have the best credit cards , but they also don’t have this illogical rules like hdfc and axis , I mean we have already submitted her pay slips , ITR etc what benefit will one mail stating that I am working from home currently would give, they can clearly deduce this

somd

TF Buzz
Thanks for this! I am also from Kolkata and will apply for the same. Most likely I will get Privilege card. Can you tell me which branch you visited and any contact person? Also what benefit is there if we open a HDFC account (since you mentioned its voluntary)?
Also some people say that their college name is not engraved! How or on what condition did you get it engraved on the card?
Park Street branch for Kolkata.
Contact person: Awesh but anyone from the CC dept can help.
For me, an HDFC a/c benefit is being able to redeem the rewards points to cash directly.
College name: I did not have an option to opt in/out. It came default for me under the Alumni program.

I met all criteria of Alumni including the income and bank statement. they told ur card is 11 months old, try after one month, they again rejected after 3 months more... they have obvious rules... I closed thier REGALIA card since it's only name and no rewards... hdfc is now pathetic.....

sv004

TF Premier
Park Street branch for Kolkata.
Contact person: Awesh but anyone from the CC dept can help.
For me, an HDFC a/c benefit is being able to redeem the rewards points to cash directly.
College name: I did not have an option to opt in/out. It came default for me under the Alumni program.
If redeemed in cash then infinia and dcb both wl give 1 per reward similar to millenia

ak111

TF Buzz
Yesterday I was told that for DCB, for C2C, you need 5 lakh minimum limit on existing card.
Ok.
I have an Icici Credit card with 5.1L limit and I dont have any Hdfc credit card.
I satisfy the alumni criteria but not the salary.

I can apply for dcb fyf on c2c.

Will I get it ltf if I apply c2c using alumni offer? Or should I apply for dcb fyf first and then convert it ltf using the offer?

codenerd

TF Ace
Ok.
I have an Icici Credit card with 5.1L limit and I dont have any Hdfc credit card.
I satisfy the alumni criteria but not the salary.

I can apply for dcb fyf on c2c.

Will I get it ltf if I apply c2c using alumni offer? Or should I apply for dcb fyf first and then convert it ltf using the offer?
good question but I dont have that part clarified! Its better to talk to the person who will be processing your request for this alumni program.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
any way to upgrade from DCP LTF to DCB LTF (got DCP LTF under the alumni offer 7 months back)
misses salary criteria by a slight margin however I have other relationships with HDFC
They won't as you've got a card recently. After a year they can upgrade if your salary crosses 1.5. If it is a little less you can close dcp and push for dcb but they'll never upgrade. Someone got it with 1.45 in this forum