• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get a YES BANK CREDIT CARD in Unserviceable Areas: A Guide

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear Technofino Community,

In the world of financial freedom, credit cards have become indispensable tools for managing our finances. They provide convenience, security, and often various rewards. However, what if you live in an area where credit card services are unserviceable? Fear not, for there might be a way around this hurdle. This article sheds light on a method some individuals have used to acquire a YES BANK credit card even in unserviceable areas.

The Ingenious Approach: YES BANK Credit Card Application

Getting a YES BANK credit card in an unserviceable area might seem like an impossible task, but with a bit of creativity and some insider knowledge, it can be done. Here's how:

1. Use a Serviceable Address:
Begin by using a serviceable address for your credit card application. This could be a friend’s address or any location where YES BANK services are available. Make sure to have the necessary permission from the friend whose address you are using.

2. Designate Your Actual Address as Your Office Address:
In the application form, designate your actual address as your office address. This step is crucial as it helps YES BANK understand your location while ensuring your correspondence reaches you effectively.

3. Choose Office as Your Communication Address:
When prompted for communication address, select ‘office’ and input your designated office address. This ensures that all communication from the bank will be directed to your actual location.

A Word of Caution: The CIBIL Disclaimer

It's important to recognize that using a new address, which isn't your own, in your credit card application could result in that address being added to your Credit Information Bureau India Limited (CIBIL) record. While this might not seem like a significant issue, it's essential to be informed about the potential changes.

Personal Experience: A Yes Bank Success Story

While this method might work for some, it’s crucial to proceed with caution. As shared by many community members, “I don’t suggest you get a YES BANK credit card due to very low rewards, but if your CIBIL score is new, you can try. I managed to secure my YES Prosperity Edge card as my second card using this approach.”

Conclusion: A Creative Solution

Innovative solutions sometimes emerge from challenging situations. While this method might open doors for some in unserviceable areas, it is important to weigh the risks against the benefits. Your financial history and credibility are assets that should be managed carefully.

Remember, while this workaround might be tempting, it’s essential to explore legal and ethical avenues for obtaining credit cards and other financial services. Always prioritize honesty and integrity in your financial dealings to build a secure and reliable financial future.

Wishing you all the best on your financial journey!

Warm regards,
Technofino Community Member

I think same can be used in case of RBL CARDS but i haven't tried yet.

ChatGPT has been used to write this.

edit: Update: I changed my current and permanent address to my real address that is still unserviceable by mailing a address change form through mail.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Checked that but it's written on the form that only 6months old card users can avail this facility online. New users should send physical form by courier.

fyi.. till last year that is the process for all, later they provided option >6M.

fill the form -> courier or easy way if nearby branch exist, drop them in dropbox.

make sure signature is correct.

it will take 2 weeks to get any update, no status, delivery sms. You'll get message only if its approved otherwise consider as rejected after 3 weeks of no sms.

Last edited:

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
fyi.. till last year that is the process for all latwr they provided option >6M.

fill the form -> courier or easy way if nearby branch exist, put them in dropbox.

make sure signature is correct.

it will take 2 weeks to get any update, no status, delivery sms. You'll get message only if its approved otherwise consider as rejected after 3 weeks of no sms.
No nearby branch , only option is courier

don123

TF Buzz
I too got a citibank card using a similar technique. When I applied I used my friends residence as my communication address. I just got the citicard delivered to my friend's residence which was in one of their serviceable areas.

Later, I got the address changed to my actual address which is in one of their non serviceable zones. However, since the card was approved and already issued, they changed the address without any issues.

I guess the non serviceable area issue is only for approvals. Once, you get the card, then it is no issue most of the times.

Thanks!!
Any verification done?

don123

TF Buzz
Dear Technofino Community,

In the world of financial freedom, credit cards have become indispensable tools for managing our finances. They provide convenience, security, and often various rewards. However, what if you live in an area where credit card services are unserviceable? Fear not, for there might be a way around this hurdle. This article sheds light on a method some individuals have used to acquire a YES BANK credit card even in unserviceable areas.

The Ingenious Approach: YES BANK Credit Card Application

Getting a YES BANK credit card in an unserviceable area might seem like an impossible task, but with a bit of creativity and some insider knowledge, it can be done. Here's how:

1. Use a Serviceable Address:
Begin by using a serviceable address for your credit card application. This could be a friend’s address or any location where YES BANK services are available. Make sure to have the necessary permission from the friend whose address you are using.

2. Designate Your Actual Address as Your Office Address:
In the application form, designate your actual address as your office address. This step is crucial as it helps YES BANK understand your location while ensuring your correspondence reaches you effectively.

3. Choose Office as Your Communication Address:
When prompted for communication address, select ‘office’ and input your designated office address. This ensures that all communication from the bank will be directed to your actual location.

A Word of Caution: The CIBIL Disclaimer

It's important to recognize that using a new address, which isn't your own, in your credit card application could result in that address being added to your Credit Information Bureau India Limited (CIBIL) record. While this might not seem like a significant issue, it's essential to be informed about the potential changes.

Personal Experience: A Yes Bank Success Story

While this method might work for some, it’s crucial to proceed with caution. As shared by many community members, “I don’t suggest you get a YES BANK credit card due to very low rewards, but if your CIBIL score is new, you can try. I managed to secure my YES Prosperity Edge card as my second card using this approach.”

Conclusion: A Creative Solution

Innovative solutions sometimes emerge from challenging situations. While this method might open doors for some in unserviceable areas, it is important to weigh the risks against the benefits. Your financial history and credibility are assets that should be managed carefully.

Remember, while this workaround might be tempting, it’s essential to explore legal and ethical avenues for obtaining credit cards and other financial services. Always prioritize honesty and integrity in your financial dealings to build a secure and reliable financial future.

Wishing you all the best on your financial journey!

Warm regards,
Technofino Community Member

I think same can be used in case of RBL CARDS but i haven't tried yet.

ChatGPT has been used to write this.

edit: Update: I changed my current and permanent address to my real address that is still unserviceable by mailing a address change form through mail.
Will that work, if current address (serviceable address) and office address (as I put permanent address) is in different state?
Or it work only in same state ?

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
@PayKaroAbhi pls tell about your experience regarding the yes bank cc. Any verification, document.
I also don't have service in my area.
I applied via their website on my own first time in December 2023, it was rejected due to incomplete address. Recently an agent reached out to me on WhatsApp and sent me screenshot of the last rejection from their banking portal and convinced me to apply again, I applied on 30th March through that agent and it got approved on the next day. No verification or anything! Got 1.5L limit and office+residence both address were same (serviceable) but different from my actual address which is written on my IDs (unserviceable)

Last edited: