• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to deal with the frustrating Customer care of Axis CC??

ankurq7

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
After the recent devaluation of HDFC DCB, applied for Axis Magnus which got delivered 45 days back. Been using it since then, and the frustration has been nothing I have ever seen from any credit card I have ever used (Except BOB Eterna maybe).

The customer care on the phone is CLUELESS to say the least. They have no idea about any offers running on Axis cards on the whole (let alone Magnus). When I point them to the fact that its on the Axis website, they say its not, its for Axis employees, etc!! After a few calls to them to ask for queries, I got so angry by my experience, that I screamed at the last agent and decided I will never call them for anything but deal with them only on emails (I was hoping that atleast those handling emails will be more experienced).

I was shocked again. I have sent numerous emails to almost every level of Customer care i could find - right from email.services@axisbank.com all the way to nodal.desk@axisbank.com and pno@axisbank.com

Not even 1 query is resolved now after 45 days. Even PNO keep saying we will respond in 3 days which never happens. The worse thing is, they respond after ages with a reply that is not even related to the question I asked. (Cant you READ my query before responding!?)

I am hoping that long term Axis bank users might have requested for the questions I am seeking, and can answer quicker, and I wont have to wait for another few months for the CC to respond

Main queries are as follows:

1. I am unable to register for Internet Banking (I only hold Magnus, and no bank account). Surprisingly, based on which link you click on the Axis website, you get redirected to 2 different looking "New Account" pages, which is weird. Anyway, on one of those pages, I get error: Invalid User credentials (refer attachment 1.1); On the other, I dont get an OTP on my phone to register (refer attachment 1.2). Note: I get all transaction OTP, etc from Axis, just dont get one while creating the account.
Also note: I was able to create an account on the mobile app, and that's where I have been managing the card, but it asks for a new account creation for internet banking

2. Can I manage my add-on card on the mobile app? I want to frequently change my add on card's transaction limits for online, POS, etc for domestic, international, but I can see only my primary card under the App's control center. Customer care is clueless. Some times they say its not possible, sometimes they say they are working on it.

3. Its been 4 days since card statement was generated, but I have not received the statement on my email. I dont have access to Internet banking, so cant even download from there. App has no option for statement download. By the way, I have not even received an SMS of the same. Just came to know about it when I was randomly checking my app!

4. Can I get a GST invoice for the annual fees charged on my card? I was charged 10k + 18% GST which I want to claim under my company's name. I have sent them all the details but no response yet. Note: I was able to get the GST invoice for my Indusind Pinnacle card which had charged me roughly 15k + GST if I remember. Got this sorted in 2 days with Indusind. With Axis, its been 45 days and still no response of whether it can be done or not.

5. Are my Grabdeals transactions being tracked? I have noticed that for all other users, they receive a SMS in few days of transaction saying "Your Grabdeals transaction on Amazon was successfully recorded"(refer attachment 5.1). I made made tons of purchases - even during Holi fest. But no SMS till now. I dont want to wait for 90-120 days to be told later that - You didnt use grabdeals so there will be no bonus reward points.

6. There was an offer for 2X reward points on all online spends - Link : https://www.axisbank.com/grab-deals/online-offers/offer-detail/2x-edge-rewards-points
I was supposed to call the number to opt-in for the offer and supposed to receive SMS confirmation. But I didnt receive even after multiple calls. I used the card heavily, and I dont even know if they activated the offer on my card or not. They wont even reply on my email to inform me of the same.

7.,8.9, etc and the list goes on. I will spare you the other details.

All this, in using an Axis card for 1 month, I dont know what will happen in 1 year. I just feel bad for the Citi customers who are going to be onboarded to the "Axis experience" LOL

Anyway, since a ton of people on this forum use Axis cards, I am hoping some of you can share your experiences in case you faced the above issues and how you resolved them. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1.1.JPG
    1.1.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 1.2.JPG
    1.2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 5.1.jpg
    5.1.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 33

mukundstud

TF Premier
It is really difficult for an Axis CC only customer to manage his/her card without holding a savings bank account. Regarding your point 1 and 2, I also tried for 2 months to activate net banking and issue an add on card on my existing axis Flipkart CC. But the customer care and the branch guys make absurd excuses on not being able to take these requests, despite being clearly written on the Axis website that CC Only customers are eligible for Net Banking registration and add on cards facility. I argued a lot with branch officials(though politely) on why despite being written on the website, they cannot take my requests on the points 1 and 2. But they kept making one excuse or the other. And despite all this, they kept trying to make my buy a ULIP policy from them.

Regarding your point 3, the statement on email takes around 5-7 days to arrive after generation. You should eventually get it in 2-3 days. But I think it is risky to rely just on email to check the card statement, that's why I asked them to activate net banking on my CC account.

Regarding your point 4, I think it is a unique issue. But I doubt you will be able to get a GST invoice on your joining/renewal charge, as this card would most probably have been issued of your personal name, and not on your Company's Name. So your company's GSTIN number would not have been registered in your card account. Otherwise your card statement itself may have acted as GST invoice, as there there is a separate GST entry on bank charges in the statement.

Regarding point 5, I did a Grabdeals transaction in November, got the confirmation message, and cashback got credited in March. I did another grabdeals transaction in January, but did not receive a confirmation message. I wll only come to know in May 1st week, whether my January Grabdeals transaction was tracked or not.

eravindhar

Ravindar Eppanapalli
VIP Lounge
After the recent devaluation of HDFC DCB, applied for Axis Magnus which got delivered 45 days back. Been using it since then, and the frustration has been nothing I have ever seen from any credit card I have ever used (Except BOB Eterna maybe).

The customer care on the phone is CLUELESS to say the least. They have no idea about any offers running on Axis cards on the whole (let alone Magnus). When I point them to the fact that its on the Axis website, they say its not, its for Axis employees, etc!! After a few calls to them to ask for queries, I got so angry by my experience, that I screamed at the last agent and decided I will never call them for anything but deal with them only on emails (I was hoping that atleast those handling emails will be more experienced).

I was shocked again. I have sent numerous emails to almost every level of Customer care i could find - right from email.services@axisbank.com all the way to nodal.desk@axisbank.com and pno@axisbank.com

Not even 1 query is resolved now after 45 days. Even PNO keep saying we will respond in 3 days which never happens. The worse thing is, they respond after ages with a reply that is not even related to the question I asked. (Cant you READ my query before responding!?)

I am hoping that long term Axis bank users might have requested for the questions I am seeking, and can answer quicker, and I wont have to wait for another few months for the CC to respond

1. I am unable to register for Internet Banking (I only hold Magnus, and no bank account). Surprisingly, based on which link you click on the Axis website, you get redirected to 2 different looking "New Account" pages, which is weird. Anyway, on one of those pages, I get error: Invalid User credentials (refer attachment 1.1); On the other, I dont get an OTP on my phone to register (refer attachment 1.2). Note: I get all transaction OTP, etc from Axis, just dont get one while creating the account.
Also note: I was able to create an account on the mobile app, and that's where I have been managing the card, but it asks for a new account creation for internet banking

2. Can I manage my add-on card on the mobile app? I want to frequently change my add on card's transaction limits for online, POS, etc for domestic, international, but I can see only my primary card under the App's control center. Customer care is clueless. Some times they say its not possible, sometimes they say they are working on it.

3. Its been 4 days since card statement was generated, but I have not received the statement on my email. I dont have access to Internet banking, so cant even download from there. App has no option for statement download. By the way, I have not even received an SMS of the same. Just came to know about it when I was randomly checking my app!

4. Can I get a GST invoice for the annual fees charged on my card? I was charged 10k + 18% GST which I want to claim under my company's name. I have sent them all the details but no response yet. Note: I was able to get the GST invoice for my Indusind Pinnacle card which had charged me roughly 15k + GST if I remember. Got this sorted in 2 days with Indusind. With Axis, its been 45 days and still no response of whether it can be done or not.

5. Are my Grabdeals transactions being tracked? I have noticed that for all other users, they receive a SMS in few days of transaction saying "Your Grabdeals transaction on Amazon was successfully recorded"(refer attachment 5.1). I made made tons of purchases - even during Holi fest. But no SMS till now. I dont want to wait for 90-120 days to be told later that - You didnt use grabdeals so there will be no bonus reward points.

6. There was an offer for 2X reward points on all online spends - Link : https://www.axisbank.com/grab-deals/online-offers/offer-detail/2x-edge-rewards-points
I was supposed to call the number to opt-in for the offer and supposed to receive SMS confirmation. But I didnt receive even after multiple calls. I used the card heavily, and I dont even know if they activated the offer on my card or not. They wont even reply on my email to inform me of the same.

All this, in using an Axis card for 1 month, I dont know what will happen in 1 year. I just feel bad for the Citi customers who are going to be onboarded to the "Axis experience" LOL

Anyway, since a ton of people on this forum use Axis cards, I am hoping some of you can share your experiences in case you faced the above issues and how you resolved them. Thanks in advance!
BRO... YOU CAN TRY THIS MAIL ID ONCE, I HOPE YOU CAN FIND ANY SOLVATOIN AT THIS TEAM. HERE IT IS premium.experience@axisbank.com

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well, the Axis experience is indeed frustrating. As long as things & the systems work automatically its all good but if anything goes wrong & if it needs human intervention (whether online support or via branch) it's a pain.

I am an old SB holder so not a pure CC customer & can't really relate to your exact experience. But GrabDeals & other promotional offers & tracking them / getting them fulfilled has been an absolute pain.

Had used TravelEdge 10x offers around Diwali & didn't get the 9x additional RPs in 120 days. Post this I tweeted them, chatted with live support agent & then again tweeted them a service request number with offer screenshots & order confirmation mails. Post this got the 9x points, but this entire thing took multiple steps & 4-5 days of effort.
Had done an Amazon GV purchase too later in Nov (20 days after the TravelEdge) which was eligible for 5x points & surprise-surprise, that didn't auto fulfil either. This time they didn't bother responding to my tweets for 2-3 days or so, thus I mailed to CNO i think it was & the response to that mail got me those additional points after more than a week! :)
I also wrote a mail to the PNO stating all my frustrations in a single mail, but like your experience got 2 auto replies stating they're still working on it or will revert in 3 more working days or whatever.. but a response is pending from them still :D
Btw never tried the customer care / call centre numbers as with my work schedules & commitments difficult to be on the call line, waiting in queue etc.

In a nutshell my suggestion is, if its a special offer or a long term fulfilment, keep its T&C doc, the mail / order confirmation & all necessary details handy. In general, for any issue, maintain all the possible proofs & screenshots & keep following up via twitter, chat support, mail support & all possible mediums. Do this & hope for the best :D

Last edited:

Rjain1111

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I can totally related to this. Have been holding Magnus since Feb and the customer care has no clue about offers or other card details. During the Holi fest they changed offers in between and did not update the banner. I reached out to PNO too but nothing helped.

this is frustrating to say the least.

I moved from DCB to Magnus and sometimes I feel the customer care of HDFC is very well trained and are updated.

Don’t know how Axis has deputed folks to HNI cards with such low knowledge. Also. Given so many diff offers it is impossible for people to keep track of 2x 5x 10x offers.

In case they don’t fix this the relationship of many folks with axis will be short term.

ltf4ever

TF Ace

try using Twitter's official axis handles and tag rbi along with it. i usually got my queries resolved when escalating to pno, but you might need to go via twitter way if they are not responding.

ankurq7

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
try using Twitter's official axis handles and tag rbi along with it. i usually got my queries resolved when escalating to pno, but you might need to go via twitter way if they are not responding.
My PNO complaints are pending with them since 2 months. Last reply I got from them was - We will respond in 3 days. LOL.

Have not tried twitter yet. Will give this a shot and hope it works.

kunaljn91

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have been facing the same issue from past 20 months!
Though I know its quite frustating but I have to ensure that I keep things handy such as screenshots etc.!
1. Ensure that you keep a track of all the transactions with merchant name, date, amount, multiplier, etc. so that you can track the same after 90-120 days

2. Try escalating the issue to twitter team, as I have seen that they solve almost everything there (I also faced the issue no 1, since I also hold just CC 20 months back)

3. Sometimes, twitter team will also say that you have to contact branch, but keep pn insisting them, that the twitter team has previously also resolved these issues!

4. Post that, if its not yet fixed you can mail to the pno! As, for couple of issues, I have to escalate it to PNO and they got it resolved within 3-4 working days

This always worked for me, though it maybe different for others!