• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to close FD based Secured Credit Card?

falcon007

TF Premier
Hi guys,

I have ICICI Credit Card secured by FD created long back.

And as per my information, I'm not getting any unsecured credit card because I am holding this Secured Credit Card.

Does anyone knows how to close this card within ICICI mobile app or through NetBanking?

Hi guys,

I have ICICI Credit Card secured by FD created long back.

And as per my information, I'm not getting any unsecured credit card because I am holding this Secured Credit Card.

Does anyone knows how to close this card within ICICI mobile app or through NetBanking?
You can place card cancellation request in netbanking.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am not 100% sure. but you can try this step to get an unsecured card instead of closing the card.

As you have a secured ICICI card, apply for an Amazon pay card. This would be an unsecured card.
After receiving this close your FD-based card, now you have an unsecured card and your problems are resolved.

I would suggest increasing the FD amount and the ICICI-secured card's limit first.

falcon007

TF Premier
I am not 100% sure. but you can try this step to get an unsecured card instead of closing the card.

As you have a secured ICICI card, apply for an Amazon pay card. This would be an unsecured card.
After receiving this close your FD-based card, now you have an unsecured card and your problems are resolved.

I would suggest increasing the FD amount and the ICICI-secured card's limit first.
I had applied for AmazonPay card several times before and it was rejected all the times.

The only reason I got to know for rejection is that I hold a Secured Credit Card.

Tejo

TF Legend

How to increase icici secured credit card limit ?