how to claim Life Insurance provided by Credit Card/ Debit Cards ?

arn

can someone guide me the procedure to file for a claim for inbuilt insurance in Credit card or Debit Card.
does these needs to be separately activated ? or they are active as long as you are transacting using them ?

and can we take claim from multiple cards ?

When I asked about the same while opening an account which comes these options,

"they assured that usual process is nominee/"a person claimed with proofs related to primary holder" visits the branch and submit necessary documents for the said cause, after verification they will reimburse the amount". Its exactly like term insurance, let nominee aware about this and they have to take care necessary formalities (can contact respective bank for help regarding this).

Regarding activation, no special activation needed, it comes pre-activated, only condition is must & should transact with the said card during every 30 days or quarter (varies from bank to bank), so if we use regularly its in active state.

They'll check this during claim processing, whether that account is in active state or not said by HDFC employee and I believe same for every bank after checking their TnCs mentioned on their site.

Ex: This is for IDFC Wealth Credit Card (same rules with slight changes for every bank):
  • Personal Accident Cover of ₹10,00,000*

TnCs mentioned regarding the same in their website:

- Valid on doing atleast one transaction on FIRST Wealth Credit Card in last 30 days.

- Personal Accident- Covers accidental death due sudden, unforeseen and involuntary event caused by external, visible and violent means. Claim under this cover is payable only once irrespective of the number of cards held by the cardholder. Cover is applicable for Active card i.e Cardholder should have done atleast 1 Purchase/ATM Withdrawal transaction during the last 30 days using their IDFC FIRST Bank Credit Card.

1676047542821.png

and can we take claim from multiple cards?
- Claim under this cover is payable only once irrespective of the number of cards held by the cardholder / per bank.

Note: This additional perk that can be removed anytime, do opt separate life insurance cover for primary holder is still advisable.

NOOBY

When I asked about the same with HDFC staff when I opened an account which comes these options,

"they assured that usual process is nominee/"a person claimed with proofs related to primary holder" visits the branch and submit necessary documents for the said cause, after verification they will reimburse the amount". Its exactly like term insurance, let nominee aware about this and they have to take care necessary formalities (can contact respective bank for help regarding this).

Regarding activation, no special activation needed, it comes pre-activated, only condition is must & should transact with the said card during every 30 days or quarter (varies from bank to bank), so if we use regularly its in active state.

They'll check this during claim processing, whether that account is in active state or not said by HDFC employee and I believe same for every bank after checking their TnCs mentioned on their site.

Ex: This is for IDFC Wealth Credit Card (same rules with slight changes for every bank):
  • Air Accident Cover of ₹1 crore*
  • Personal Accident Cover of ₹10,00,000* and Lost Card Liability Cover of ₹50,000

- Valid on doing atleast one transaction on FIRST Wealth Credit Card in last 30 days.

- Personal Accident- Covers accidental death due sudden, unforeseen and involuntary event caused by external, visible and violent means. Claim under this cover is payable only once irrespective of the number of cards held by the cardholder. Cover is applicable for Active card i.e Cardholder should have done atleast 1 Purchase/ATM Withdrawal transaction during the last 30 days using their IDFC FIRST Bank Credit Card.

1676047542821.png

- Claim under this cover is payable only once irrespective of the number of cards held by the cardholder / per bank.
Nice Info!!!

I thought Air Accident and others were applicable only if the ticket was bought via that card :p

Or is that the actual case and your info is valid only if the ticket is booked via that cc/dc ?

Nice Info!!!

I thought Air Accident and others were applicable only if the ticket was bought via that card :p

Or is that the actual case and your info is valid only if the ticket is booked via that cc/dc ?
Oh! we are talking about normal 'personal accident cover', above information is for that.

'Air Accident', 'Lost baggage' etc. travel related can only claim if we purchase ticket using that card, but for 'personal accident cover' is different and some cards (like IDFC Wealth in above example etc.) only providing that insurance.

arn

When I asked about the same with HDFC staff when I opened an account which comes these options,

• Personal Accident Cover of ₹10,00,000*

1676047542821.png

so any idea if we need to somewhere file for our Nominee beforehand like we do in savings account ? or nominee can go directly to howden/ bank with documents ?

btw found the similar terms on SBICard also.
https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/Insurance-Benefit_TnC.pdf