• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to cancel Fi dc?

telescope

TF Ace
I think fi physical dc is now chargeable. I want to cancel it and get virtual only dc.

But could find any option in the app to do it. Can anyone please give me step by step process flow.

Thanks.

Solution
I think fi physical dc is now chargeable. I want to cancel it and get virtual only dc.

But could find any option in the app to do it. Can anyone please give me step by step process flow.

Thanks.
here's how you can order a Virtual Debit card :

* On the top right of the home screen, tap on the debit card logo
* Tap 'Card settings'
* Tap on 'Request for New card'
* Select any of the reasons mentioned
* On the next page, you will get option to choose between 'Digital Debit card - free' or Physical Debit card - 199+18% GST

the_collector

TF Premier

Thanks.
If you got the card before the infinite change came into effect, then the card is free( atleast till expiry).

I got this confirmed with their support so I'm using it till expiry atleast and then will see if it's chargeable or not

bhaveshS

TF Ace
If you got the card before the infinite change came into effect, then the card is free( atleast till expiry).

I got this confirmed with their support so I'm using it till expiry atleast and then will see if it's chargeable or not
I got charged i have this card when fi is launch lifetime free debit card physical..

the_collector

TF Premier
I got charged i have this card when fi is launch lifetime free debit card physical..
I haven't been charged to date. I would recommend you talk to the fi team. You have to clearly mention to them you got this card during lifetime free and that they cannot charge you.

The executive clearly told me that since I hold the card BEFORE the change was announced I will not be charged any fees inspite of not being on infinite variant.

If you even order a replacement or new card after the change and if you're not on infinite, you will be charged.

I only posted based on verified facts and me personally using it and not speculation
I would recommend checking before down voting my comment :)

bhaveshS

TF Ace
I haven't been charged to date. I would recommend you talk to the fi team. You have to clearly mention to them you got this card during lifetime free and that they cannot charge you.

The executive clearly told me that since I hold the card BEFORE the change was announced I will not be charged any fees inspite of not being on infinite variant.

If you even order a replacement or new card after the change and if you're not on infinite, you will be charged.

I only posted based on verified facts and me personally using it and not speculation
I will call customer care tomorrow

bhaveshS

TF Ace
Do update here once you hear for them, and if you satisfy the criteria I mentioned above, I would recommend threatening closing the account on them if they don't agree

I had a screenshot of the conversation I Had with the executive. If I can find that, I'll send it across
Yes card is free till expiry i also talked to cc year ago but they charged me

akuthexsky

TF Neo
Guys last year I relied on this thread but this year I have been charged Rs. 199+GST (total amt Rs.two hundred change...forgot😅) on 31st March 2024.
I have Fi debit card from 2022. Still they charged. Any idea why? Or new policy update?

bhaveshS

TF Ace
Do update here once you hear for them, and if you satisfy the criteria I mentioned above, I would recommend threatening closing the account on them if they don't agree

I had a screenshot of the conversation I Had with the executive. If I can find that, I'll send it across.
Customer care denied totally i also given threat to close my account..

They said we forward new policy to all user for annual charge.
235 lost..

the_collector

TF Premier
Customer care denied totally i also given threat to close my account..

They said we forward new policy to all user for annual charge.
235 lost..
I would recommend to complain with ombudsman.

If you've got the card for lifetime free when it was issued. They cannot charge you.
Either they refund the money or close the card.

I'm sure it'll come in your favour.

It looks like I got lucky.

Shraaj

TF Premier

This is their reply. I also called their support, and they informed me that even if you're Fi Money's first customer, you'll still be charged because of the new terms and conditions. Additionally, they have removed the points from their website where it previously stated that the card would be free if an account was opened before 2021 or something similar.
screenshot-2024-02-11-074752-png.42761

Shraaj

TF Premier
These are there new fees updated on the website!
On WEBSITE also they have removed the points - where earlier it was written that the card is Free -if an account is opened before 2021 or something like that"

Fi Fees

Attachments

• 1712499663050.png
    1712499663050.png
    51 KB · Views: 1

Shraaj

TF Premier
Currently, I'm on the Fi Money Infinite Plan, maintaining a monthly balance of 50K, mainly because I receive 2% cashback on my UPI spends for credit card payments, which gives me 500Rs each month. However, if they discontinue this offer, I'll consider leaving them. I have accounts with two Federal Banks: Fi Money and INDMoney. The latter was opened for me for a US stock account, which has zero balance and no debit card. It's worth noting that Federal Bank has had issues with compliance with RBI regulations in the past, particularly regarding credit cards and KYC. Additionally, Fi Money has a reputation for freezing accounts. Even if you're only using the bank account for small transactions, their algorithm for managing accounts is not very efficient.

Shraaj

TF Premier
I would recommend to complain with ombudsman.

If you've got the card for lifetime free when it was issued. They cannot charge you.
Either they refund the money or close the card.

I'm sure it'll come in your favour.

It looks like I got lucky.
Banks can Increase Charges - Condition is they just have to inform to Customers prior to 30 Days!

the_collector

TF Premier
I
This is their reply. I also called their support, and they informed me that even if you're Fi Money's first customer, you'll still be charged because of the new terms and conditions. Additionally, they have removed the points from their website where it previously stated that the card would be free if an account was opened before 2021 or something similar.
screenshot-2024-02-11-074752-png.42761
Interesting.

I think this change was bought recently.

So when I reached out to the CC , I was on the standard plan and they had confirmed then that it will be free for me.

Ever since that , Ive been on the infinite plan and maybe that's why I did not receive any communication regarding the charges of the card.

However I won't be maintaining the 50k this month, so we'll see how it goes. If they charge for the card, I'll close the account.

I was using it for small transactions till now and haven't faced any major issue but what I've realised is that they have terrible customer service and in case of an actual problem, we'll be left helpless.

Shraaj

TF Premier
I

Interesting.

I think this change was bought recently.

So when I reached out to the CC , I was on the standard plan and they had confirmed then that it will be free for me.

Ever since that , Ive been on the infinite plan and maybe that's why I did not receive any communication regarding the charges of the card.

However I won't be maintaining the 50k this month, so we'll see how it goes. If they charge for the card, I'll close the account.

I was using it for small transactions till now and haven't faced any major issue but what I've realised is that they have terrible customer service and in case of an actual problem, we'll be left helpless.
They will Charge it for Sure! Because On X Just Search Fi Money Charges and Many People Got Charged,Some even on Virtual Debit Card!

I think I will write an email to there Level 1,2 and Level 3 . Lets see there response!

the_collector

TF Premier
They will Charge it for Sure! Because On X Just Search Fi Money Charges and Many People Got Charged,Some even on Virtual Debit Card!

I think I will write an email to there Level 1,2 and Level 3 . Lets see there response!
Please update here once you receive a response.

My amb for this month will only be like 10k for small transactions, I've had this amount for close to 15 days now and haven't been downgraded so far.