• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

how to apply for axis magnus for my father

naren89

TF Buzz
Hi All,

My father is looking for a Axis Magnus credit card. He is retired and has a pension of 60k per month. He has FD of 60 lakh with SBI. He doesn't have any other credit card. He does have credit history though (home loan which is closed now).

I checked his credit score on paisabazaar and he has a excellent credit score. Paisabazaar shows Axis Select as a card to apply for him. Please suggest possible ways he can get a Axis Magnus credit card since his pension is 60k per month only and does not have any other credit card.

I tried reaching out to SBI card team since he has a 60 lakh FD with SBI, so that he can get SBI card first and apply C2C. But SBI card team is clueless on this and just mention to apply through their link.

Please suggest. Thanks in Advance!

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi All,

My father is looking for a Axis Magnus credit card. He is retired and has a pension of 60k per month. He has FD of 60 lakh with SBI. He doesn't have any other credit card. He does have credit history though (home loan which is closed now).

I checked his credit score on paisabazaar and he has a excellent credit score. Paisabazaar shows Axis Select as a card to apply for him. Please suggest possible ways he can get a Axis Magnus credit card since his pension is 60k per month only and does not have any other credit card.

I tried reaching out to SBI card team since he has a 60 lakh FD with SBI, so that he can get SBI card first and apply C2C. But SBI card team is clueless on this and just mention to apply through their link.

Please suggest. Thanks in Advance!
dont use Paisabazaar use either Gpay/onescore/SBI Homeloan website to check for cibil, since he is eligible for axis select, assuming his cibil is 750+(loans of his started his cibil journey, so having no cc won't affect this) apply through axis website. magnus doesn't show up leave it don't apply then go for amazon pay / sbi website to apply. and then 3 months later apply for magnus c2c.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
dont use Paisabazaar use either Gpay/onescore/SBI Homeloan website to check for cibil, since he is eligible for axis select, assuming his cibil is 750+(loans of his started his cibil journey, so having no cc won't affect this) apply through axis website. magnus doesn't show up leave it don't apply then go for amazon pay / sbi website to apply. and then 3 months later apply for magnus c2c.
3 months card won't be accepted for Magnus, must be at least a year old. And he can try the other way round too, get any Axis card with good limit and then upgrade from there.

naren89

TF Buzz
Yes Cibil is around 790. Any idea how much credit limit he might get if he applies for SBI credit card or Amazon pay. Also are you saying I can try to apply for magnus on Axis website first?

naren89

TF Buzz
3 months card won't be accepted for Magnus, must be at least a year old. And he can try the other way round too, get any Axis card with good limit and then upgrade from there.
Thanks..how much time does it take to apply for upgrade..what could be the limit if goes for Axis select

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Thanks..how much time does it take to apply for upgrade..what could be the limit if goes for Axis select
why you wanna go for select? it not FYF either it 3k + gst and you will get 2k amazon voucher in return, so you can get any axis cc and it seem very few get good limit on their first ever axis card if no saving/salary account.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
any specific Axis card you recommend which can come free. Also does HDFC provide good limit on first card or any other bank
what your dad's income as per ITR/salary slip? try to apply for magnus through link below

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
any specific Axis card you recommend which can come free. Also does HDFC provide good limit on first card or any other bank
Myzone and IOCL card are issued under LTF promo from time to time, you need to keep an eye for that. HDFC is a different story altogether, it's a mystery no one has been able to solve till now 🤣

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Only apply using ITR if it's above 18L or else drop it. I would advise try for MyZone since it's not a co-branded card and there is a possibility they might offer you a good limit. If you get a good limit after a month call customer care and apply for Magnus

naren89

TF Buzz

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Taking decisions like these requires careful consideration and cannot be rushed. Firstly, you should determine when your father's FD matures and if he is open to the idea of transferring it to Axis Bank. It is important to have a clear understanding of his preferences before proceeding.

Instead of opting for a secured card, I suggest negotiating with the bank. Request a written confirmation regarding the availability of the Magnus card if you choose to shift your FD to Axis Bank. This way, you can have a clear agreement in place.

Another option to explore is applying for a base card, such as Myzone. There is a possibility of obtaining a reasonable credit limit initially. By actively using and managing the card, you may be eligible for an upgrade to the Magnus card over time.