• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

how much time should i wait to apply ultimate after closing current cards?

Altamash06

TF Buzz
Hi i am using stan c card applied in march 2021 and approved platinum rewards with 249900 after 1 year they Enhance my limit to 3.33 lac and upgrade my card to manhattan i also applied to smart card and received the card in march and now it's been more then 6 months no LE has offered and i want Ultimate card i had shared my ITR for LE and six months Axis bank statement for income proof but no reply from there. should i close my both stan c cards and reapply for ultimate on c2c basis with my DCB 5.37 lac limit or AP ICICI 5 lac limit or wait for LE. how much time should i wait to apply ultimate after closing current cards. @TechnoFino please suggest.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Couple of questions if an old card which recently got 5 lac limit will it be ok to apply for ultimate?
Moreover I already hold an scb card is it possible to apply c2c bcos their online portal asking to validate the old card for verification
I think will get rejected. SC probably takes the cake for being one of the worst ever whimsical card issuing bank with no rules even for existing customers. I'm a priority customer for many years, have a shitty Yatra card (that came from (Barclays unfortunately) and had 62k as the CC limit for as long as i can remember. After coming to TF, I sent an email to them in Dec to upgrade to Ultimate, spoke with the RM - did everything but nothing moved for many days. Finally after a complaint to the first higher up in SC, they did a CIBIL hit and upgraded the limit to 4L+ in Jan mid.

Then after 5-6 days, I got a msg saying my SC Ultimate cannot be issued and is rejected (the only reject I've had in the last 4 months of getting almost 8+ new cards). All this after being a so called priority customer paying through the nose for their usurious home loan EMIs.

My understanding is this - they take exception to many CIBIL hits before issuing (i've had many in the last 3 months). Also the card limit being upgraded only recently on that old Yatra card, it may be best to wait for 6 months before trying again (from my limited reading on this even for new applications to SC)

I have mostly completed all my new CC applications now. So I plan to re-apply for the Ultimate post June / July since the limit is there now and also I may not be having any CIBIL hits by then. (being salaried or priority doesn't count for a thing in their jack ass CC system)

Not sure if yours is also in a similar bucket but best to be prepared for the long haul with these StanC imbeciles.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I think will get rejected. SC probably takes the cake for being one of the worst ever whimsical card issuing bank with no rules even for existing customers. I'm a priority customer for many years, have a shitty Yatra card (that came from (Barclays unfortunately) and had 62k as the CC limit for as long as i can remember. After coming to TF, I sent an email to them in Dec to upgrade to Ultimate, spoke with the RM - did everything but nothing moved for many days. Finally after a complaint to the first higher up in SC, they did a CIBIL hit and upgraded the limit to 4L+ in Jan mid.

Then after 5-6 days, I got a msg saying my SC Ultimate cannot be issued and is rejected (the only reject I've had in the last 4 months of getting almost 8+ new cards). All this after being a so called priority customer paying through the nose for their usurious home loan EMIs.

My understanding is this - they take exception to many CIBIL hits before issuing (i've had many in the last 3 months). Also the card limit being upgraded only recently on that old Yatra card, it may be best to wait for 6 months before trying again (from my limited reading on this even for new applications to SC)

I have mostly completed all my new CC applications now. So I plan to re-apply for the Ultimate post June / July since the limit is there now and also I may not be having any CIBIL hits by then. (being salaried or priority doesn't count for a thing in their jack ass CC system)

Not sure if yours is also in a similar bucket but best to be prepared for the long haul with these StanC imbeciles.
Perfectly said
When it comes to savings account they provide status voluntarily like premium priority and private to retain us
But cc dept works independently from this privilege in savings account and cc team the very worst I’ve seen among all the 7 bank cards which I use
Post April I will get new payslips with salary hike let me write to them for a limit upgrade and see what this worst fellows do
But I heard another shortcut if we apply based upon citi or hsbc cards they provide equal limit without much hassle but unlucky my side I don’t have hsbc or citi cc

Dr. Drake

TF Ace

I applied for ultimate very next day when my existing SC card limit hit 4.4L, it was approved without any cibil inquiry within 2days & was delivered to me within 3days after approval

DevD

TF Premier
Perfectly said
When it comes to savings account they provide status voluntarily like premium priority and private to retain us
But cc dept works independently from this privilege in savings account and cc team the very worst I’ve seen among all the 7 bank cards which I use
Post April I will get new payslips with salary hike let me write to them for a limit upgrade and see what this worst fellows do
But I heard another shortcut if we apply based upon citi or hsbc cards they provide equal limit without much hassle but unlucky my side I don’t have hsbc or citi cc
Hi Ramesh @Wealth is my birth right!
Did you know the process how to ask for limit enhancement in SC cards showing citi card limit ?
SC is not enhancing my card limit as there is no offer of limit enhancement is available in my card now as per the customer care.

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
But I heard another shortcut if we apply based upon citi or hsbc cards they provide equal limit without much hassle
This is myth I have both cards & tried getting few cc's no privilege was given plus on my HDFC cc limit provided was half of my HSBC card

can you point out any card where you think this will work? will give a try again planning to get indus cc don't know whether they accept c2c

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge
This is myth I have both cards & tried getting few cc's no privilege was given plus on my HDFC cc limit provided was half of my HSBC card

can you point out any card where you think this will work? will give a try again planning to get indus cc don't know whether they accept c2c
Indusind accepts both C2C and Cibil based applications

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hi Ramesh @Wealth is my birth right!
Did you know the process how to ask for limit enhancement in SC cards showing citi card limit ?
SC is not enhancing my card limit as there is no offer of limit enhancement is available in my card now as per the customer care.
Just write to card.services@sc.com
They will provide u steps for it
But I got rejected twice it’s not easy in scb for limit enhancement

helloworld

TF Legend
A small information those who looking for 'ultimate' card (nothing conclusively mentioned here, just a note).

1677517571216.png

- as many of you aware, not all brands available in sc 360 portal.

- still if you okay with the available brands, do note that redemption must be as per their wish not based on your points.
Ex: I hope many of you try to redeem on ITC, Taj, Vistara or somewhat electronics based brands rather departmental store brands because that would reduce your overall return value. So, here as of now 'Croma' available in only 3 denominations, so either you have to accumulate points within time to match those required points or can use 'pts+pay' (that is useless option and further reduce overall return value).

- Note, points has only '3 years validity' (better than some banks, just in case if not aware), so accumulate your points match to above required denomination in those 3 years.

- And another big note is that 'Voucher brands do change in those 3 years'. Example 'Croma' may entirely dissappear in next 3 years (anything can happen!).

Now, to get 15,000 pts one must spend - 4,50,000 (very very few bonus offers in SC, so one can only get max 5000 like that when those offers running).

It must be done within 3 years = min. 150000/year (on tight budget).

Problem: By that time of 3 years, your option can also limited to like below too..

1677518786457.png

- Imagine your favorite brand here, this 'Planet Fashion' minimum denomination is 30,000 pts. So, by the time of expiring those points if one doesn't have required points (ex: In above example that person accumulated only 15,000 pts), either have to redeem some other brands or use 'pts+pay'.

---------

Few observations would like to share here, keep it in mind that reward based cards always dangerous one should be ready with whatever comes by the time of expiry date of points or one's accumulated with required points, anything can happen and we should be in a position to anticipate/digest those changes.

another observation:

- If a person spend, 450000 to get 15,000 worth of Croma voucher using 'Ultimate' card (with 900 GST), what will be the actual return (still 3.33%?)
- If that same person can get 15,000 worth of Croma voucher on 5x using 'Select' card (less annual fee + 10pts/200) using their respective redemption options (worst case, 1RP=0.2p st.cr)?

1677519369872.png

Last edited:

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
A small information those who looking for 'ultimate' card (nothing conclusively mentioned here, just a note).

1677517571216.png

- still if you okay with the available brands, do note that redemption must be as per their wish not based on your points.
Ex: I hope many of you try to redeem on ITC, Taj, Vistara or somewhat electronics based brands rather departmental store brands because that would reduce your overall return value. So, here as of now 'Chroma' available in only 3 denominations, so either you have to accumulate points within time to match those required points or can use 'pts+pay' (that is useless option and further reduce overall return value).

- Note, points has only '3 years validity' (better than some banks, just in case if not aware), so accumulate your points match to above required denomination in those 3 years.

- And another big note is that 'Voucher brands do change in those 3 years'. Example 'Chroma' may entirely dissappear in next 3 years (anything can happen!).

Now, to get 15,000 pts one must spend - 4,50,000 (very very few bonus offers in SC, so one can only get max 5000 like that when those offers running).

Problem: By that time of 3 years, your option can also limited to like below too..

1677518786457.png

- Imagine your favorite brand here, this 'Planet Fashion' minimum denomination is 30,000 pts. So, by the time of expiring those points if one doesn't have required points (ex: In above example that person accumulated only 15,000 pts), either have to redeem some other brands or use 'pts+pay'.

---------

Few observations would like to share here, keep it in mind that reward based cards always dangerous one should be ready with whatever comes by the time of expiry date of points or one's accumulated with required points, anything can happen and we should be in a position to anticipate/digest those changes.

another observation:

If a person spend, 450000 to get 15,000 worth of Chroma voucher using 'Ultimate' card (with 900 GST), what will be the actual return (still 3.33%?) if one can get 15,000 worth of Chroma voucher on 5x using 'Magnus' card (12pts/200) or 'Select' card (less annual fee + 10pts/200) using their respective redemption options (worst case, 1RP=0.2p st.cr)?

1677519369872.png
Great eye opening post
Thanks for the research
Yes in my Manhattan I made good spending to reach a pantaloon voucher for 7500 points meantime when I reached the point when i checked 360 to redeem its minimum 10l points so spent/rotated more amount to redeem for 10k post which I took voucher and stopped using scb card

helloworld

TF Legend
agree. and based on my experience I understood scb cards are definitely for high spenders only.

even if they provide annual fee waiver at 1.2L or equivalent points, nothing useful when it comes to redeeming those points.

I am using that Manhattan for 5% cashback and have 6200 points, realized whole thing when I try to redeem those points.

3,10,000 (for those 6200 points) not a small amount yet I couldn't find atleast 5 options to redeem those points.

No matter if it provides points for rent, wallet etc. one should also know that spends also should be high so that we can accumulate required points in required time otherwise everything will expire without giving any returns.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

1677517571216.png

Ex: I hope many of you try to redeem on ITC, Taj, Vistara or somewhat electronics based brands rather departmental store brands because that would reduce your overall return value. So, here as of now 'Chroma' available in only 3 denominations, so either you have to accumulate points within time to match those required points or can use 'pts+pay' (that is useless option and further reduce overall return value).

- And another big note is that 'Voucher brands do change in those 3 years'. Example 'Chroma' may entirely dissappear in next 3 years (anything can happen!).

1677518786457.png

---------

another observation:

If a person spend, 450000 to get 15,000 worth of Chroma voucher using 'Ultimate' card (with 900 GST), what will be the actual return (still 3.33%?) if one can get 15,000 worth of Chroma voucher on 5x using 'Magnus' card (12pts/200) or 'Select' card (less annual fee + 10pts/200) using their respective redemption options (worst case, 1RP=0.2p st.cr)?

1677519369872.png
Thanks for the eye opening post. Was anyway not a fan of SC (will move out the relationship also gradually) and this post reinforces that view. I think 3.33% has a lot of things that need to come about right at the same time. Too many externalities. Maybe they want to close this CC business here which would also be a good riddance in a way instead of the charade they are running today in the name of providing cards to eligible people.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the eye opening post. Was anyway not a fan of SC (will move out the relationship also gradually) and this post reinforces that view. I think 3.33% has a lot of things that need to come about right at the same time. Too many externalities. Maybe they want to close this CC business here which would also be a good riddance in a way instead of the charade they are running today in the name of providing cards to eligible people.
But their business lending in trade finance arena is astonishing compared to earlier years
So the brand will survive in market run but may be their cards suit for those segment skins like private banking portfolio

rogerthat

TF Ace

1677517571216.png

1677518786457.png

---------

another observation:

1677519369872.png
Very well said. Let me give another often overlooked live example.

SBI Elite card

I know people will be surprised as this card seems to be hated in CC circles. But if used properly it is a very rewarding card for ordinary everyday spends small and big.

Let us say you spend Rs.42000 a month on your CC for your everyday non-fuel purchases. Grocery, supermarket, dining, departmental stores, other PoS transactions, some online stuff and some large spends like education, etc.

If you were to spend say, 20000 of that on accelerated categories (5X) (underlined above) and the rest on others (2pts/100), you get 20000/100*10=2000 points + 22000/100*2=440 points and in total = 2440 points a month. In a year this will become 2440*12=29280 points.

Now, SBI Elite offers milestone points in the range of 10K for 3L and 4L each, 15K for 5L and 8L. For our calculation we are spending 42000*12=504000 annually. We will hence receive 35000 points.

So in total we have 29280+35000=64280 points. SBI considers 4 pts=Re.1. Here we get worth of Rs.16070. The reward rate here is 16070/504000 = 3.2%. We can hence see that SBI Elite offers better returns than SCB Ultimate considering the recent devaluations under these conditions!

However the kicker is that you can get this 16K as statement credit. Which means you are free to buy literally anything using your rewards. Better than even Amazon vouchers because you can utilise that 16K offline too. You are not constrained by vouchers.

And if you were to include the monthly Rs.500 BMS BOGO benefit, your direct reward rate goes up to 4.4%! Then you have a host of other benefits like 6 international lounge access, Club Vistara and Trident membership, etc.

I would consider this one as a good daily driver card for mostly offline spends for families that are not often considered. And for online benefits, as we know SBI Cashback card blows Ultimate out of the water. Hell, even BoB Eterna is better in that regard (3.75%+unlimited domestic lounge access too!)

As for the absence of renewal benefit, you can always call up and negotiate with SBI CC. It is known to work.

Only trying to make a point here and add on to how appearances are often deceptive.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Very well said. Let me give another often overlooked live example.

SBI Elite card

I know people will be surprised as this card seems to be hated in CC circles. But if used properly it is a very rewarding card for ordinary everyday spends small and big.

Let us say you spend Rs.42000 a month on your CC for your everyday non-fuel purchases. Grocery, supermarket, dining, departmental stores, other PoS transactions, some online stuff and some large spends like education, etc.

If you were to spend say, 20000 of that on accelerated categories (5X) (underlined above) and the rest on others (2pts/100), you get 20000/100*10=2000 points + 22000/100*2=440 points and in total = 2440 points a month. In a year this will become 2440*12=29280 points.

Now, SBI Elite offers milestone points in the range of 10K for 3L and 4L each, 15K for 5L and 8L. For our calculation we are spending 42000*12=504000 annually. We will hence receive 35000 points.

So in total we have 29280+35000=64280 points. SBI considers 4 pts=Re.1. Here we get worth of Rs.16070. The reward rate here is 16070/504000 = 3.2%. We can hence see that SBI Elite offers better returns than SCB Ultimate considering the recent devaluations under these conditions!

However the kicker is that you can get this 16K as statement credit. Which means you are free to buy literally anything using your rewards. Better than even Amazon vouchers because you can utilise that 16K offline too. You are not constrained by vouchers.

And if you were to include the monthly Rs.500 BMS BOGO benefit, your direct reward rate goes up to 4.4%! Then you have a host of other benefits like 6 international lounge access, Club Vistara and Trident membership, etc.

I would consider this one as a good daily driver card for mostly offline spends for families that are not often considered. And for online benefits, as we know SBI Cashback card blows Ultimate out of the water. Hell, even BoB Eterna is better in that regard (3.75%+unlimited domestic lounge access too!)

As for the absence of renewal benefit, you can always call up and negotiate with SBI CC. It is known to work.

Only trying to make a point here and add on to how appearances are often deceptive.
Nice workaround 👍
Redemption charges there?
Yes every card reward structure will have a break even and post that u can extract well if planned properly!

DevD

TF Premier

1677517571216.png

1677518786457.png

---------

another observation:

1677519369872.png
agree. and based on my experience I understood scb cards are definitely for high spenders only.

even if they provide annual fee waiver at 1.2L or equivalent points, nothing useful when it comes to redeeming those points.

I am using that Manhattan for 5% cashback and have 6200 points, realized whole thing when I try to redeem those points.

3,10,000 (for those 6200 points) not a small amount yet I couldn't find atleast 5 options to redeem those points.

No matter if it provides points for rent, wallet etc. one should also know that spends also should be high so that we can accumulate required points in required time otherwise everything will expire without giving any returns.
Great eye opening post
Thanks for the research
Yes in my Manhattan I made good spending to reach a pantaloon voucher for 7500 points meantime when I reached the point when i checked 360 to redeem its minimum 10l points so spent/rotated more amount to redeem for 10k post which I took voucher and stopped using scb card
Croma vouchers are not available now on sc 360 rewards.