• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many you’re closing Axis Cards?

Noctis7

TF Select
Magnus is going for sure. They turned it from a bad card that you can somehow barely get value for to being almost completely useless. Decided not to go for MB, seems that's not going to change.

I think Atlas is still good for it's basic rates (4%/10%) and medium spending. But the caps and removal of benefits at higher tiers stops making this lucrative for high spenders though. Frankly it feels like a scam for those who were already working their way towards the gold/platinum tiers, but it's still a useable card for now.

Ace is something thats still decent for bill payments upto 10k a month. The 1.5% cb is also still decent for small transactions that loses value due to the 100/150/200 reward lots of other cards. So it's staying for now, but may not be for long.

Been using privilege + IOCL with a family member for 8% return on fuel. This is likely gone now as the privilege is almost completely useless and non LTF IOCL has impractical fee waiver limit now.

Maybe it's time to go back to the trusty Amex plat travel for milestone rewards. As for other banks I would wait for the dust to settle down first because Axis is unlikely to be the only one with devaluations, especially with the lounge access.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Been using privilege + IOCL with a family member for 8% return on fuel. This is likely gone now as the privilege is almost completely useless and non LTF IOCL has impractical fee waiver limit now.
I just hope redemption of multi brand voucher is spared. .

My iocl is 1.5 yr free

kowsikbabu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After this new devaluation, seriously how many of you guys are actually gonna close their cards. I hold 2 cards & i’m not closing any of them. They’re still good to me. Neo & Airtel.
Thankfully I got IOCL as LTF and Axis Airtel is still worth it's Annual Fee despite the reduced capping.

Not closing these two, I was considering to get an Atlas, thankfully I waited this long.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
From what I understand, they are completely removing it. So the 2x multiplier effect privilege had on edge rewards will be gone.
No no
There isn't thing for removing multi brand voucher.
It just says 2.5 l milestone won't give 10 k edge Reward point worth 2k Amazon voucher

Trio

TF Buzz
Words cannot describe how bad I'm feeling right now ,

Magnus was my 1st Super Premium Card ,at a time when DCB or Infinia seemed beyond my reach(I've got separate beef with HDFC ,but that's for another thread) ,Axis gave me Magnus ,

And even after Sep 23 devaluation, i stuck with them because of non spend based benefits ,Lounge ,Meet and Greet ,Guest access etc

But now Axis has chopped off any reason to hold on to this card ,

And I'm shattered
I closed my magnus last month to avoid paying the annual fee as despite its devaluations,the card was good for the reasons you mentioned,specially guess acess at international lounge as i have a kid travelling with me who can't be issued with an add on card.But i went through and closed it anyway...I guess i did the right thing after knowing the recent devaluation.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I closed my magnus last month to avoid paying the annual fee as despite its devaluations,the card was good for the reasons you mentioned,specially guess acess at international lounge as i have a kid travelling with me who can't be issued with an add on card.But i went through and closed it anyway...I guess i did the right thing after knowing the recent devaluation.
Well ,perfect timing

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
My Flipkart Axis is payed, has been my major offline card besides Flipkart... I do have regular spends on Flipkart, and also get that bit extra on Grab Deals. I have HDFC Millennia and Amazon Pay ICICI too, But I have sometimes spends above 20000 on Flipkart. Anyone had any success getting it converted to LTF?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My Flipkart Axis is payed, has been my major offline card besides Flipkart... I do have regular spends on Flipkart, and also get that bit extra on Grab Deals. I have HDFC Millennia and Amazon Pay ICICI too, But I have sometimes spends above 20000 on Flipkart. Anyone had any success getting it converted to LTF?
2 lakh on Flipkart within month ??
Better get sbi cashback card

shashankrt

TF Premier
Still why would you hold magnus with spend 50k criteria for lounge. ..
Isn't hdfc 5k criteria lesser evil .
Doesn't matter Burgundy salary, investment ..
Whats remains the question is the worth of business m4b customer give to axis isn't worth what's he will be getting in return.

Why not move to hdfc for DcB metal LTF/FYF with 3 lakh salary account or chunk of Fd amount.
Agree. In fact I opened burgundy with 30L TRV and now dropped to 10L balance. Plan was to convert to Axis Salary burgundy however not sure if I want to go ahead with that. The last thing you want is salary account getting freezed (happened once with me at Axis) because shitty axis system flags random transactions.

Even though my Axis RM is quite good however I think he will soon move on as even he cant manage customer complaints due to Axis behaviour.
Already have HDFC imperia (salary) and now looking at IndusInd Pioneer (though Indusind service is not great however currently all banks are better than Axis)

Also Magnus is not accepted at most lounges (as Axis now wants you to swipe PP) and PP is not accepted at some lounges (example 080). So now even domestic lounge benefit is useless.