• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas How long to wait before applying for 4th Axis card?

I have 3 Axis cards currently
- Vistara Infinite
- Magnus
- Reserve

The last card I got was Reserve in mid May. When in July I applied for a 4th (Samsung Infinite) via Vimal (offline), it got rejected without a clear reason (they just said "internal policy" but CIBIL shows a check so 🤷‍♂️). My best guess is the cool down period after the last card or something specific reg. Samsung Infinite.

Now, considering the devaluation starting 1 Sep, I'd like to get the Atlas card but am not sure if it'll get rejected again. How long should I wait to apply and should I do it online / offline? Is it possible to "upgrade" my Vistara Infinite to Atlas (and keep both) - did this for Reserve earlier. I want to avoid another failed application that hits CIBIL.

When I try "Apply Now" via the Axis mobile app, it says "We're sorry! It looks like your account is not active or we do not support your account type. Please contact your nearest branch to activate it."

Thanks!

CardSeeker

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You should have said that in your earlier post. 😂 Axis doesn't allow you to apply other cards online except Airtel, Ace and Freecharge. You have to wait the entire cooling-off period to apply. Unless you try applying offline.
Again Wrong

I applied twice For Flipkart card 😃

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Again Wrong

I applied twice For Flipkart card 😃
It's not wrong. Were you able to apply directly through Axis? Please tell me that first. Or did you apply through their respective apps, like the Freecharge card from the Freecharge app and the Flipkart Card from the Flipkart app?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Exactly Yes
Then, how did you conclude that I am wrong? 🤣 You seem to be suggesting that the experiences of people who hold multiple cards or who have been rejected for multiple card applications should be disregarded. 🤣 Just to clarify, I never once said you were wrong. In fact, I was curious about how you managed it or if something changed on Axis's end.

Cards that are directly applied for through Axis can't be reapplied for unless you attempt it offline, or you can only reapply online after a cooling-off period. On the other hand, co-branded cards, which can't be applied for directly through Axis but can be applied for from their respective apps, can be reapplied for—either by simply changing the number or by employing whatever tricks might work.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Then, how did you conclude that I am wrong? 🤣 You seem to be suggesting that the experiences of people who hold multiple cards or who have been rejected for multiple card applications should be disregarded. 🤣 Just to clarify, I never once said you were wrong. In fact, I was curious about how you managed it or if something changed on Axis's end.

Cards that are directly applied for through Axis can't be reapplied for unless you attempt it offline, or you can only reapply online after a cooling-off period. On the other hand, co-branded cards, which can't be applied for directly through Axis but can be applied for from their respective apps, can be reapplied for—either by simply changing the number or by employing whatever tricks might work.
Great 👍

- Vistara Infinite
- Magnus
- Reserve

The last card I got was Reserve in mid May. When in July I applied for a 4th (Samsung Infinite) via Vimal (offline), it got rejected without a clear reason (they just said "internal policy" but CIBIL shows a check so 🤷‍♂️). My best guess is the cool down period after the last card or something specific reg. Samsung Infinite.

Now, considering the devaluation starting 1 Sep, I'd like to get the Atlas card but am not sure if it'll get rejected again. How long should I wait to apply and should I do it online / offline? Is it possible to "upgrade" my Vistara Infinite to Atlas (and keep both) - did this for Reserve earlier. I want to avoid another failed application that hits CIBIL.

When I try "Apply Now" via the Axis mobile app, it says "We're sorry! It looks like your account is not active or we do not support your account type. Please contact your nearest branch to activate it."

Thanks!
Just to close the loop on this one, here's what I did.

More than 90 days after my last card activation, I first asked Burgundy call support to upgrade my Vistara Infinite to Atlas. They said while the option showed in their system, it gave an error on clicking possibly as their system hadn't been updated yet to the 4 card per person rule, and still reflected the old 3 card per person rule. They asked me to try to apply directly via the website and said that since more than 45 days had passed, my application wouldn't face any issues (at least for the 4 card rule or cooldown period rules).

I did just that, and a week later my 4th Atlas card has been approved.

drsel

TF Legend
My wife has no relationship with Axis Bank --no savings account, no credit card.
Her CIBIL and Experian scores are both over 800.

She applied for Axis privilege card online on the Axis Bank website and video KYC was completed on 2nd September.
I was told it takes 2 weeks for approval.

Can she simultaneously apply for the Airtel card for the Airtel thanks app?
Is it liable to be rejected?
Should she wait for 90 days or 6 months?

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
- Vistara Infinite
- Magnus
- Reserve

Thanks!
How. Did you get reserve?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
My wife has no relationship with Axis Bank --no savings account, no credit card.
Her CIBIL and Experian scores are both over 800.

She applied for Axis privilege card online on the Axis Bank website and video KYC was completed on 2nd September.
I was told it takes 2 weeks for approval.

Can she simultaneously apply for the Airtel card for the Airtel thanks app?
Is it liable to be rejected?
Should she wait for 90 days or 6 months?
If it gets approved 90 days and if it's gets rejected you can apply for Airtel straight away.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Kyun darana mujhe toh 8-9 baar attempt karne ke baad mila ab sab ke saath aise ho koi zaroori toh nahi na 🤣

Experience lene do iska 🤭
5b4f26ff.jpg