• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How frequently you can change aadhar address

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes there is no limit on how many time !

But what about ? After how many days u can change to new address

Trust Me

TF Ace
Not trying to answer your question, -- rather adding to it!

Many people have multiple valid addresses concurrently. Does the Aadhaar have a mechanism to comprehend that?

Does the latest address invalidate all previous addresses captured in the history?

pinki

TF Ace
As if I updated a new address today

When can I change to another new address ?

For frequent there isn't but for timeline to change again
I think 90 days cool down period is there for the same.
I may confirm him and let u know later on.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Not trying to answer your question, -- rather adding to it!

Many people have multiple valid addresses concurrently. Does the Aadhaar have a mechanism to comprehend that?

Does the latest address invalidate all previous addresses captured in the history?
It will keep the history of all address changes

pinki

TF Ace
It will get rejected ya woooo 🌚
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Tmkoc GIF by Chibi Samosa

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They were talking about limiting the number of changes on each data item in Aadhar .. this list includes address changes also…
Beyond that limit one has to go to the local main Aadhar office to explain why they need to update with sufficient documentation…
Somehow these proposals have halted…
May be after sometime they revisit

Trust Me

TF Ace
Only one address is valid at any given point of time

Well, that is not good enough for me for my current requirements. And it's not practical to keep switching the addresses back and forth. People are allowed to keep two houses tax free. Why not multiple addresses in the Aadhaar too?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Looks like I messed it up at wrong time .
But for address proof I can simply use passport.
Aadhaar is just identity proof
Yes.. depending upon the bank, there are many options to choose from a list of docs for address proof and passport will be one of those

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Well, that is not good enough for me for my current requirements. And it's not practical to keep switching the addresses back and forth. People are allowed to keep two houses tax free. Why not multiple addresses in the Aadhaar too?
Nandan Nilekani is the best person to address this issue!!!