• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Booking for Family (2A+2C) or Triple occupancy

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi Community,
I am planning a vacation and while looking for booking in most of the luxury hotels for Marriot , ITC , Accor , IHG etc. As soon as you enter 2 adult and 2 children (below age 8) , then they stop showing available hotels and room.
Also tried to do just 3A , but in that case only few brannd's few chains shows occupancy.
Thus was curious to know , how do you folks book it for Family of 2A+2C ?

1. Do you book for tripple occupancy (3A) ? If yes , then number of available hotels decreases due to inventory limitations ? also does it include cost of roll over bed in that prices?
2. Do you book for just 2A in such case and then reach to property that time settle for any extra bed and charges ?
3. Any other approach , which you follow ?

Any guidance would be helpful.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Community,
I am planning a vacation and while looking for booking in most of the luxury hotels for Marriot , ITC , Accor , IHG etc. As soon as you enter 2 adult and 2 children (below age 8) , then they stop showing available hotels and room.
Also tried to do just 3A , but in that case only few brannd's few chains shows occupancy.
Thus was curious to know , how do you folks book it for Family of 2A+2C ?

1. Do you book for tripple occupancy (3A) ? If yes , then number of available hotels decreases due to inventory limitations ? also does it include cost of roll over bed in that prices?
2. Do you book for just 2A in such case and then reach to property that time settle for any extra bed and charges ?
3. Any other approach , which you follow ?

Any guidance would be helpful.
If both your kids below 12 years age just book for 2 adults… just to be sure call the hotel post booking and tell them you have children below 12 years.. generally no charges for children below 12 years in Marriott

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
for Marriott award booking…. Below 12 years just book the adults and can inform at checkin also. It will be written on form 2 + 2. My case one child above 12 one 11. So I book 3 adults. When I reach hotel they just make it 3 + 1. No extra charges. Rollaway bed usually 1500 extra plus tax. If u don’t need extra bed just say so. Once u reach room see bed size and decide.
for payment also at Marriott u can book 2 adults. My 13 year old gets extra charge 1500 plus tax includes rollaway bed plus breakfast usually. Even if u choose 3 adults at booking 1500 plus tax will be included in that booking itself when u see breakup

subham23

TF Buzz
for Marriott award booking…. Below 12 years just book the adults and can inform at checkin also. It will be written on form 2 + 2. My case one child above 12 one 11. So I book 3 adults. When I reach hotel they just make it 3 + 1. No extra charges. Rollaway bed usually 1500 extra plus tax. If u don’t need extra bed just say so. Once u reach room see bed size and decide.
for payment also at Marriott u can book 2 adults. My 13 year old gets extra charge 1500 plus tax includes rollaway bed plus breakfast usually. Even if u choose 3 adults at booking 1500 plus tax will be included in that booking itself when u see breakup
Thanks for info.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
It is a big concern for me since both of my kids are 12+ so to avoid hassles while checkin I am booking 2 rooms as each room 1A+1C
Some of the properties while checkin they cancel 2 rooms and gave a mini suite for the same 2 room equivalent price so it all depends upon season of the property as well
ITC properties no concern how much A and C we put while booking they see physically and get id proof at checkpoint and decide charges
Marriott Bonvoy is very user friendly with families even though Marriott Bonvoy app restrictions there we can’t even book as 3A for single room