Horrible experience with SC Credit Card Application

I applied for a Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards card 2 weeks back as it was offered as LTF and there is nothing wrong in getting a LTF card for occasional offers.

Aftrr completing the application, I received the mail that it has been approved in principle and will receive a call from their executive for further process as the page to upload the documents did not even come up. CIBIL hit was also done at that time.

I thought after 3-4 days, I'll get a call for VKYC to complete other formalities. Also after reaching out to them multiple times on Twitter, they assured me that this will be taken on priority.

Today got a reply from them that they cannot find the application number in their system and will have to apply again. If this was the issue, why couldn't have informed about it immediately rather than giving false assurances?

Looks like I won't be a SC customer ever.

😕

Hisoka

I applied for a Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards card 2 weeks back as it was offered as LTF and there is nothing wrong in getting a LTF card for occasional offers.

Aftrr completing the application, I received the mail that it has been approved in principle and will receive a call from their executive for further process as the page to upload the documents did not even come up. CIBIL hit was also done at that time.

I thought after 3-4 days, I'll get a call for VKYC to complete other formalities. Also after reaching out to them multiple times on Twitter, they assured me that this will be taken on priority.

Today got a reply from them that they cannot find the application number in their system and will have to apply again. If this was the issue, why couldn't have informed about it immediately rather than giving false assurances?

😕
I applied for SC few weeks back using my primary phone number but got rejected. Then I saw somewhere in the thread that using our secondary phone number chances are high. I applied for Platinum rewards and it got approval message, within 10 mins got a call from SC bank and then scheduled KYC for tomorrow as slots weren’t available today. Let’s see if it gets approved

rahulsethi

Update Stan C called me first thing in the morning. They cancelled the smart application and punched in a new one for Ultimate. My plans of taking on them head-on were quite short lived. Question still remains will they approve or will they not. 😅

rahulsethi

Update Stan C called me first thing in the morning. They cancelled the smart application and punched in a new one for Ultimate. My plans of taking on them head-on were quite short lived. Question still remains will they approve or will they not. 😅
Update the agent captured many details wrong. Typo in my mother's name. Captured current job length wrong even doesn't match with the joining date on the payslips I provided. Captured total experience wrong. Captured no of dependents wrong. Captured length of stay at current address wrong 😅

Crazy inefficiencies, I guess Stan C has gone to dogs.

j_s

Good English was simply a way to represent that SC is a UK-based Bank. No idea how things work here in India. But after my experience, I am confident that it's not that great. 🤣
Arrey, its just banter bro. What I really meant to say was that unki english bhi acchi nahi hai. I have their Axcessplus SB A/c for years now but I still can't shake that scammer vibe whenever they call.

rahulsethi

Update the agent captured many details wrong. Typo in my mother's name. Captured current job length wrong even doesn't match with the joining date on the payslips I provided. Captured total experience wrong. Captured no of dependents wrong. Captured length of stay at current address wrong 😅

Crazy inefficiencies, I guess Stan C has gone to dogs.
Update for the first time in my Stan C credit card quest reached this milestone "Dear Customer, Thank you for your interest in Standard Chartered credit card. We have received your application and are in the process of reviewing it. If you have not applied please call up customer service - StanChart" now hopeful, will keep you all posted. Otherwise earlier all my Stan C applications were seeing instant rejections without any review.

Harrypotter

Update for the first time in my Stan C credit card quest reached this milestone "Dear Customer, Thank you for your interest in Standard Chartered credit card. We have received your application and are in the process of reviewing it. If you have not applied please call up customer service - StanChart" now hopeful, will keep you all posted. Otherwise earlier all my Stan C applications were seeing instant rejections without any review.
I asked for my credit card application status and their pno takes weeks and responded back saying they increased my credit limit by 1 lakh. Seriously I have never seen such dumb pno before my card is not even approved but they responded back saying they even increased credit limit. OH MY GOD

Harrypotter

I asked for my credit card application status and their pno takes weeks and responded back saying they increased my credit limit by 1 lakh. Seriously I have never seen such dumb pno before my card is not even approved but they responded back saying they even increased credit limit. OH MY GOD
They even telling that my card is two years old as an esteem customer they are increasing my credit limit. They are on drugs.

credit_debit

😕
Try to apply with the help of SC representative through desk. In many IT parks, these SC representatives roam around selling these and I know many who got their desired SC card without much trouble. SC have had big issues with their customer care and read this on many forums before.