• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help with amex

My amex platinum is due for renewal , their retention this year isn't that great just about 20,000 taj vouchers even when the spend has been good (acc to me ofcourse). I don't want to give up my points and thinking to take a diff amex under the same membership. Any suggestions ?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My amex platinum is due for renewal , their retention this year isn't that great just about 20,000 taj vouchers even when the spend has been good (acc to me ofcourse). I don't want to give up my points and thinking to take a diff amex under the same membership. Any suggestions ?

If you spend 4L in a year or more, Plat Travel will get you the highest rewards. 40K MR points + 10K Taj Voucher.

If you spend 20K or so in a month, get the MRCC card for the highest rewards! 2K MR points every month.

Since you're already an Amex member, there are high chances you won't even be asked for any income docs and approved pretty fast!

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions! :)

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yes.. 20k was too low.. i cncld.. trfd all points to bonvoy before that

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is this above the 10k taj voucher for members birthday ?

In US they give a lot more with the card to name a few Hulu subscription un until last year amazon membership, delta prime membership so you get priority on all your flights across delta network, in the states the list of fine hotels is never ending. Someone who paid a fee of 70k the first year and next year even after spending on the card an exemplary amount you give retention as 20k taj voucher is a shame.