• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Health Insurance] Which one do you recommend??

spider

TF Buzz
I am 22 thinking to buy health insurance, which one you guys recommend and which one you have, note I want for self no family member or etc, thinking to buy HDFC ergo for 2 years nearly 12k, pls recommend, because I am buying tmr.

Note = I know the main points like room rent cap and pre days medical and etc just wanted know from u guys and which one you guys have.

Last edited:

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am 22 thinking to buy health insurance, which one you guys recommend and which one you have, note I want for self no family member or etc, thinking to buy HDFC ergo for 2 years nearly 12k, pls recommend, because I am buying tmr.

Note = I know the main points like room rent cap and pre days medical and etc just wanted know from u guys and which one you guys have
buy for 3 years plan as it will include additional discount. also u can opt for hdfc ergo super secure plan instead of normal secure which will give 1X more benefit at just rs 1 or 2k extra

Souvik

TF Premier
HDFC Ergo or Star Health should be on top of your list, HDFC has more number of network hospitals so you may prioritize that one.

Premium maybe a bit higher in HDFC compared to others. 2 year, 3 year buying is upto you, I sort of keep my options open and buy for only 1 year. Next year if there is a better plan I would move on.

Assuming you're earning well after a health insurance also have a look at Term insurance with necessary riders as at this age you would not be required to go through medical exams and premium would also be less.

Mehulk8

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
HDFc ergo optima restore+ HDFC ergo supertopup.. these should cover you.. you can have the main policy for 10L and the super top for 20 lakh.. Better to take coverage for higher value from the beginning as the medical costs are only going to increase.

Mohur

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Both HDFC Ergo and ICICI Lombard have been good for me. HDFC has bigger list of partner hospitals which makes cashless claim easier. Otherwise, after discharge claim is possible in any health insurance.

Lokesh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
HDFC Ergo has the highest network hospitals and claim settlement ratio. Although they are bit pricey than other alternatives, I think it's worth it in the long run. It can certainly give the peace of mind that your claim will be settled. Within HDFC ergo, you can check out Optima Restore and Optima Secure

aswinsegu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Niva Bupa ReAssure is good with unlimited restore benefit which is upgraded version of HDFC ERGO Optima Restore.

Personally did not face issues with claim settlement, in the last 10 years for my family, with good coverage of cashless hospital network

Gkcards

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Go with hdfc or icici. Take one with no room rent cap, and at least for 10L. No need to take any riders

ankit8991

TF Neo
I bought acko platinum plan. They recently launched this plan. Amazing feature which no one offering.
- Unlimited coverage
- no capping or deduction ( clearly mentioned without any hidden t&c)
- No waiting period.
- Price is also good.

sagar_keshri

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
my dad is 63 years old. can someone plz suggest good health insurance. ( he does not have any health problems)
(after my research, i am more inclined towards icici Lombard, suggestions are welcome)

Vickymaster1010

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I provide godigit less than website price as i am a agent u can dm me il share u the quote. If u like u can buy sir

Note = I know the main points like room rent cap and pre days medical and etc just wanted know from u guys and which one you guys have.
Digit