• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Hi,

I opened Savings Max online account in HDFC Bank in January this year, with the thought of holding a Credit Card from HDFC Bank for offers, etc. After ~3 months of usage, and maintaining 26-28k balance, Pre-Approved offers started popping up in NetBanking as well as through emails. Firstly it was 2 wheelers loan, then 4 wheelers, so on. Finally started getting HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card offer as well, it had yearly charges, later I started getting conditional LTF. Now, I keep emails from them daily regarding a LTF Credit Card which is MoneyBack+, thought I'd get Millenia, if it was given as LTF, BTW I do have SBI Cashback Credit Card. Anyways, attaching some screenshots below. My question is that —

1. Should I avail the MoneyBack+ Card only? They say limit up-to 40,000 INR most of the time.
  2. Or should I wait in hope for Millenia as LTF? If they provide it as Pre-Approved that is.
  3. I also have SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card with 1L limit, which was recently increased so don't have more than one statement reflecting the same, should I try C2C for HDFC Millenia Credit Card as LTF?
  4. And finally, since my account is Savings Max, I am supposed to maintain 25,000 INR MAB, but for some reason the same isn't reflected in the NetBanking, and so can I use the fund at times?
Thanks in advance.

1685439737457.png

Attachments

• 1685439265875.png
    1685439265875.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 378
  • 1685439495676.png
    1685439495676.png
    49 KB · Views: 365
  • 1685439532683.png
    1685439532683.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 1685439617899.jpeg
    1685439617899.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 367
1) You will get upgraded card and limit will also be increased on 2nd pre approved offer. Don't settle for less.
2) You should wait for Millenia, you will get more credit limit on that card. I was also offered Moneyback with upto 50k limit but didn't apply. Later after 1 - 2 months got Diners Millenia LTF in February 2023 (Spend Based LTF) with 1.5L Limit.
3) Don't try C2C. You will get paid Millenia with good limit by C2C.
4) It is showing zero due to some technical glitch. I won't suggest you to move your funds. You will miss your chances on getting upgraded LTF CC.

cryoengine

TF Premier
Did you open the account online? Then I think first year no maintenance charges.

I opened mine a month ago, maintaining above 1lac.. Let see if my MAB amount matters on pre-approved cc limit.

Can share approx value of transactions done in the first 3 months?

Last edited:
Did you open the account online? Then I think first year no maintenance charges.

I opened mine a month ago, maintaining above 1lac.. Let see if my MAB amount matters on pre-approved cc limit.

First Year No Maintenance Charge is applicable for their Demat Account. Don't get confused. HDFC intentionally does this kind of things but later calls it technical glitch.

This is what you must have seen :
1685456895451.png

This is the complete truth :
1685456930457.png

cryoengine

TF Premier
First Year No Maintenance Charge is applicable for their Demat Account. Don't get confused. HDFC intentionally does this kind of things but later calls it technical glitch.
ye can't trust any banks lol, they create 100 pages of terms & conditions to screw the customers.

1685457864973.png

Now hdfc is baiting me to take no documentaion required credit card and give me 20k limit. Gonna wait for preapproved banner with limit mentioned

gautamcool

TF Premier
Hi,

I opened Savings Max online account in HDFC Bank in January this year, with the thought of holding a Credit Card from HDFC Bank for offers, etc. After ~3 months of usage, and maintaining 26-28k balance, Pre-Approved offers started popping up in NetBanking as well as through emails. Firstly it was 2 wheelers loan, then 4 wheelers, so on. Finally started getting HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card offer as well, it had yearly charges, later I started getting conditional LTF. Now, I keep emails from them daily regarding a LTF Credit Card which is MoneyBack+, thought I'd get Millenia, if it was given as LTF, BTW I do have SBI Cashback Credit Card. Anyways, attaching some screenshots below. My question is that —

1. Should I avail the MoneyBack+ Card only? They say limit up-to 40,000 INR most of the time.
  2. Or should I wait in hope for Millenia as LTF? If they provide it as Pre-Approved that is.
  3. I also have SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card with 1L limit, which was recently increased so don't have more than one statement reflecting the same, should I try C2C for HDFC Millenia Credit Card as LTF?
  4. And finally, since my account is Savings Max, I am supposed to maintain 25,000 INR MAB, but for some reason the same isn't reflected in the NetBanking, and so can I use the fund at times?
Thanks in advance.

1685439737457.png
I don't see Millenia being much use as you already have the SBI Cashback card which gives 5 percent CB on all online transactions upto 5000. But millennia gives 5 percent CB on the 10 merchants only upto 1000

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Hi,
  1. And finally, since my account is Savings Max, I am supposed to maintain 25,000 INR MAB, but for some reason the same isn't reflected in the NetBanking, and so can I use the fund at times?
Thanks in advance.
4) Dont! take tht risk. Hdfc does sometime makes it zero ( even mine was for a regular savings account); but they will make it 25k again without notifying you. and then charge you penalty for not maintaining it.
I enquired on email (when it happened with me) and this is the reply I got at tht time
1685458977448.png
But later on, they increased it acc Regular Savings T&C without any intimation. Thankfully I was maintaining balance, and didn't get charged; I again asked them on email as to why had the balance been suddenly increased to 10k, instead of replying me on email, they arranged a callback from BM who told me to the Balance was as per savings acc variant.

So that's Hdfc basically. They will alwaysssss avoid giving things in writing in a clear crystal manner. Just look at the above email. They have not said it's LT Zero balance account. They just gave sorta general ans that as of now we can verify your account requires no AMB. Be careful with Hdfc.

I don't see Millenia being much use as you already have the SBI Cashback card which gives 5 percent CB on all online transactions upto 5000. But millennia gives 5 percent CB on the 10 merchants only upto 1000
There are other benefits with Millenia Card as well. You get 1% Cashback on Wallet load and EMI transactions as well. Also if you spend 1 Lakh in a quarter then additional 1000 voucher will be given making the reward rate 2%.

HDFC gives 5% cashback along with instant discount at Amazon, Flipkart making it 15% effectively. There are other perks too which you will find out yourself while using the card.

Nobody

TF Buzz
1) You will get upgraded card and limit will also be increased on 2nd pre approved offer. Don't settle for less.
2) You should wait for Millenia, you will get more credit limit on that card. I was also offered Moneyback with upto 50k limit but didn't apply. Later after 1 - 2 months got Diners Millenia LTF in February 2023 (Spend Based LTF) with 1.5L Limit.
4) It is showing zero due to some technical glitch. I won't suggest you to move your funds. You will miss your chances on getting upgraded LTF CC.
I am also getting spend based moneyback plus ltf ,they are spamming me daily.But I want millennia ltf only. Have been maintaining decent balance from last one month. Let's see when they would give next offer.

I am also getting spend based moneyback plus ltf ,they are spamming me daily.But I want millennia ltf only. Have been maintaining decent balance from last one month. Let's see when they would give next offer.
Wait for maximum 3 months, you will get upgraded offer. They normally give in 2 months if we don't accept the 1st offer. I have seen in most cases they give Millenia in 2nd offer. Millenia LTF is not guaranteed but offer will be upgraded for sure. Better card variant and increased limit.

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Oh okay, understood all of your points, just FYI I didn't mean moving funding, I meant spending at times when in need and transfer back later, but indeed I shouldn't risk it since I have no way of knowing when they all of a sudden increase the minimum required balance criteria in NetBanking and later charge me on that basis.

Also for #1, I will wait only then, and for #2 what was your spend criteria?

crazyuploader

TF Premier

Yes, I have opened the account online, which I also mentioned in the first line, I had to open the account online because offline they were asking me for a cheque of 5k which I didn't have, was going for the Regular Savings account but got recommended later to go for the Savings Max variant instead despite my initial hesitancy
As for the number of transactions per month, it was less in previous months as I was using Fi extensively, but this month it's a little higher
1685599997800.png

crazyuploader

TF Premier
To me initially it occurred that if I am going to have hold a HDFC Credit Card anyways, it should be Millennia, and for the limitations, it doesn't matter, as I mostly shop on Amazon/Flipkart anyways + SBI Cashback can hopefully handle the others. Just need a HDFC Credit Card for offers and stuff, maybe EMIs if offer is good

crazyuploader

TF Premier
4) Dont! take tht risk. Hdfc does sometime makes it zero ( even mine was for a regular savings account); but they will make it 25k again without notifying you. and then charge you penalty for not maintaining it.
I enquired on email (when it happened with me) and this is the reply I got at tht time
1685458977448.png
But later on, they increased it acc Regular Savings T&C without any intimation. Thankfully I was maintaining balance, and didn't get charged; I again asked them on email as to why had the balance been suddenly increased to 10k, instead of replying me on email, they arranged a callback from BM who told me to the Balance was as per savings acc variant.

So that's Hdfc basically. They will alwaysssss avoid giving things in writing in a clear crystal manner. Just look at the above email. They have not said it's LT Zero balance account. They just gave sorta general ans that as of now we can verify your account requires no AMB. Be careful with Hdfc.
Thanks for mentioning all that, makes so much sense. And luckily I've always had balance more than 25k, just once dropped to 24k once and next day it was above 25k again!

crazyuploader

TF Premier
There are other benefits with Millenia Card as well. You get 1% Cashback on Wallet load and EMI transactions as well. Also if you spend 1 Lakh in a quarter then additional 1000 voucher will be given making the reward rate 2%.

HDFC gives 5% cashback along with instant discount at Amazon, Flipkart making it 15% effectively. There are other perks too which you will find out yourself while using the card.
Now, I am thinking what if it's a no-cost EMI, would I get additional 1% Cashback over it?

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Wait for maximum 3 months, you will get upgraded offer. They normally give in 2 months if we don't accept the 1st offer. I have seen in most cases they give Millenia in 2nd offer. Millenia LTF is not guaranteed but offer will be upgraded for sure. Better card variant and increased limit.
Yes, hopefully the limited will be increased, 40k seems too low now that I have a card with 1L limit