• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Points to Krisflyer Miles 2x Offer . When and how does the offer look ?

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As a comment from @Akashgod sparked my curiosity to know about these special offers where you can get 2x the Value from our HDFC Reward Points when converting to Krisflyer Miles . Can Anyone elaborate or give me a screenshot on how it looks or works ?

Sub

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Check this thread as a starting point. Value derived from air miles is a function of many things. Check transfer ratio for your card, then go to Singapore Air and check number of miles required for whichever destination you want to go (Singapore and SE Asia get good saver deals) and then transfer it out. Cash component is usually minor for SQ operated flights.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Check this thread as a starting point. Value derived from air miles is a function of many things. Check transfer ratio for your card, then go to Singapore Air and check number of miles required for whichever destination you want to go (Singapore and SE Asia get good saver deals) and then transfer it out. Cash component is usually minor for SQ operated flights.
For my Business Moneyback card , the Transfer Ratio is 4 RP = 1 Krisflyer miles .
I checked , WOW It requires 40,000 miles + INR 1,736 for me to go to Japan . Now is there any SIA sale also , when We can get the same flight for lesser miles ?
Btw Thanks a lot for opening a whole new world for me !

Sub

TF Select
VIP Lounge
For my Business Moneyback card , the Transfer Ratio is 4 RP = 1 Krisflyer miles .
I checked , WOW It requires 40,000 miles + INR 1,736 for me to go to Japan . Now is there any SIA sale also , when We can get the same flight for lesser miles ?
Btw Thanks a lot for opening a whole new world for me !
Krisflyer does a monthly spontaneous escape program every month. It reduces mileage requirement by around 25% I think. Also sometime SQ does transfer bonus so you get a better ratio when you transfer your points. Start thinking of accumulating points, moving to a better card, and keeping eyes open for offers. Miles & Points is an addictive world, so do watch out for that.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Krisflyer does a monthly spontaneous escape program every month. It reduces mileage requirement by around 25% I think. Also sometime SQ does transfer bonus so you get a better ratio when you transfer your points. Start thinking of accumulating points, moving to a better card, and keeping eyes open for offers. Miles & Points is an addictive world, so do watch out for that.
Thanks a lot for the advice ! I will watch out .

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also , Does Amex MRCC allow MR Points to be transferred to Airline Partners ? If yes , then is there any validity of MR points or I can just keep collecting the MR points for life ?

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I've just signed up for KrisFlyer and was trying to redeem my HDFC points to Airmiles.
The HDFC form for redeeming into Airmiles is asking for expiry date of FF.
I can't find it anywhere either in the App or the website!!!

What gives?

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
awesome ! Let amex come back and I'll apply MRCC
If you are looking to earn miles from Amex cards, one Amex wont suffice honestly. Needs a combination of Amex cards for fast Airmiles accumulation. My recommended combination is MRCC + Gold Charge + Plat. Travel. Of course, this is dependent on the overall spends of the individual, If he or she has that many spends.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
As a comment from @Akashgod sparked my curiosity to know about these special offers where you can get 2x the Value from our HDFC Reward Points when converting to Krisflyer Miles . Can Anyone elaborate or give me a screenshot on how it looks or works ?

That 2X Value is achieved generally when flying Business or First Class on SQ or Star Alliance network booked using KF Miles.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you are looking to earn miles from Amex cards, one Amex wont suffice honestly. Needs a combination of Amex cards for fast Airmiles accumulation. My recommended combination is MRCC + Gold Charge + Plat. Travel. Of course, this is dependent on the overall spends of the individual, If he or she has that many spends.
Could please Explain why would we need 3 Amex for fast accumulation ?
Cant we spend all from One amex and get all the points ?

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Could please Explain why would we need 3 Amex for fast accumulation ?
Cant we spend all from One amex and get all the points ?

Basically Spend on each card upto their sweet spots and accumulate maximum miles. Beyond the Sweet Spot, the Miles accumulation rate dips heavily.

MRCC
4 x Rs. 1500 - 1000 Bonus Points
Rs. 20,000 Spends in a Month - 1000 Bonus Points

So, for spending Rs. 20,000 a month spaced in minimum 4 Transaction of Rs. 1000 minimum, you get 2400 MR Points (Including regular points) or 1200 Miles which is 6 Airmiles per Rs. 100 spent. Annually, it translates to 14,400 Miles. Any spending above Rs. 20,000 a month, you get only 1 Airmile per Rs. 100.

Gold Charge Card
6 x Rs. 1000 - 1000 Bonus Points

Pro Tip - Do all these 6 x Rs. 1000 transactions on Reward Multiplier.

So, for doing 6 transaction of Rs. 1000 minimum on Reward Multiplier you get 1600 MR Points or 800 Airmiles which is 13.3 Miles per Rs. 100. Annually, it translates to 9,600 Miles. Any spending above Rs. 6000 a month, you get only 1 Airmile per Rs. 100 on normal spends or 5 Miles per Rs. 100 on Reward Multiplier.

Platinum Travel
Spend 4 Lacs & get 48,000 to 64,000 MR Points (40,000 Milestone Bonuses, 8000 Regular Points & Any applicable Reward Multiplier Points). Thats 24,000 to 32,000 Miles which translates to 6 to 8 Miles per Rs. 100. Any spending above Rs. 4 Lac in a year, you get only 1 Airmile per Rs. 100 on normal spends or 3 Miles per Rs. 100 on Reward Multiplier.

All this combined comes to 48,000 to 56,000 Miles in a year for spends of Rs. 7.12 Lac. ~6.7 Miles per Rs. 100, beating Citi Prestige too for spends upto 12 Lacs.

Now calculate the airmiles you will earn on any single Amex Card for spending 7.12 Lacs.

This can actually be a thread in itself about maximizing Amex Cards. :)

Last edited: