• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia HDFC Infinia - HDFC LIFE Insurance

Legionomous

TF Buzz
I just got a call from someone (claims to be Wealth manager) from HDFC LIFE team who claims that I can get a definite approval of Infinia Metal if I park some of my funds in one of the MF (Discovery Fund to be specific) for 5 years. Is this even a good idea to go ahead with this scheme? The amount I am asked to invest is little less than 2.5 lakhs. I already hold a salary account with HDFC and the call doesn't seems to be a spam call as they were able to provide me with all the details about my account including which credit cards I hold with HDFC.

Even when you purchase mutual funds from HDFC, they sell you "regular" mutual funds, which gives 1-2% lower returns than "direct" mutual funds purchased via Zerodha/Groww/Paytm.
So, even when you purchase funds worth 10-20L or more to get Infinia, you will probably lose more than 12500 in lost fund returns YOY.
Also, a lot depends on the mutual fund offered. Not all funds give good returns, so it might so happen that banks push you to buy a low yielding fund just to increase funds AUM, while you don't get any tangible returns from that particular fund. Overall your loss in that case.

A lot of people here I see are so lost in their pursuit to get a Infinia, that they make bad financial decisions. It seems to me that "In search of Gold, people are losing diamonds".
Any investment related strings attached to Infinia (FD/ULIP/MF via bank) or any other card is a bad deal for the customer, in most of the cases. 😑 😑
✅ Absolutely agree with this 💯% ✅

mitesh1816

TF Neo
How long did it take after the investment to generate card, I also went throughthe same process and it's been. More than a week.
Is your card declined in this process before it was approved?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How long did it take after the investment to generate card, I also went throughthe same process and it's been. More than a week.
Is your card declined in this process before it was approved?
It takes about 2 weeks. Mine wasn't declined at any time. Even if you got a decline message, the RM will likely get an approval to get it issued.

Reactions: SSV