• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC imperia vs Axis burgundy

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,
From overall experience perspective (banking, pre-approved cc card, debit card , wealth mgmt) which of about is better ?

Did anyone got it by maintaining less than 10 lack AMB? I mean by negotiating with RM or something else.
(Not talking about TRV)

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
For pre approved offer HDFC is better, in terms of credit cards specifically. But Axis gives good amount of secured loan offers than HDFC, at least for me it happened. I do hold both Imperia and Burgundy.
For wealth management, you really can’t rely on any bank. Most RMs will end up selling you ULIPs. The higher the tier is, the better the sales person get assigned to your account to squeeze out more money by bank, whom they have given a name called “Relationship Manager”.
I prefer Burgundy DC over Imperia DC as, offers and more limit of transactions.
For both the account, the opening cheque amount is 5L, no need to negotiate there. But for pre-approved offers, ofcourse your maintained amount will be counted. The higher the amount, the better the offer’s probability.

And these HNI accounts mostly rely on the Relationship Manager. Once in a blue moon you get great RM like I got with Axis, on the other hand Imperia RM who is also a BM is just a useless fellow.

Hope you got your answers!

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
For pre approved offer HDFC is better, in terms of credit cards specifically. But Axis gives good amount of secured loan offers than HDFC, at least for me it happened. I do hold both Imperia and Burgundy.
For wealth management, you really can’t rely on any bank. Most RMs will end up selling you ULIPs. The higher the tier is, the better the sales person get assigned to your account to squeeze out more money by bank, whom they have given a name called “Relationship Manager”.
For both the account, the opening cheque amount is 5L, no need to negotiate there. But for pre-approved offers, ofcourse your maintained amount will be counted. The higher the amount, the better the offer’s probability.

And these HNI accounts mostly rely on the Relationship Manager. Once in a blue moon you get great RM like I got with Axis, on the other hand Imperia RM who is also a BM is just a useless fellow.

For burgundy, opening is with 5 lack, but RM is saying to deposit additional 5 lack from next month onward as i.e minimum balance of 10 lack is need to be maintained as per them, otherwise they will chart for burgundy features and eventually downgrade.

So , it is true to keep 10 lack AMB or AQB?
Or its 5 lack AQB/AMB?

Can this 10 lack be negotiated?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
For burgundy, opening is with 5 lack, but RM is saying to deposit additional 5 lack from next month onward as i.e minimum balance of 10 lack is need to be maintained as per them, otherwise they will chart for burgundy features and eventually downgrade.

So , it is true to keep 10 lack AMB or AQB?
Or its 5 lack AQB/AMB?

Can this 10 lack be negotiated?
Yes, maintaining balance is required. Insider info: The upgrade and downgrade from Burgundy depends on RM. They can keep it to Burgundy even with zero balance if you have good relationship with your RM. All it depends on your networking skill.
And if you don't want to maintain, what's the point of opening an HNI acc? Because without good relationship you won't get any offers. So what's your end goal with Burgundy acc? Is it to get pre approved offer? If yes, with low/non maintained acc, you'll hardly get any, that I can confirm now. If you have any other goal, let me know, I'll try to help

Souvik

TF Premier

True, RM's are there for sales initiatives and hardly they are dependable.

PM1

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Grabdeals has special discounts on Amazon and Flipkart for Burgundy customers. To avail this do I need to use the Burgundy debit card only or any of the credit card linked to my account also work?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Icici wealth management... Is good in this regard.... One time 10Lakh..cheque.then zero Mab........ Icici hardly downgrades account... Not even salary accounts to normal.... They just need some transactions per month in the account... As told by my branch manager...

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Icici wealth management... Is good in this regard.... One time 10Lakh..cheque.then zero Mab........ Icici hardly downgrades account... Not even salary accounts to normal.... They just need some transactions per month in the account... As told by my branch manager...
What are the features of icici wealth management account that stand out?

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For bank account you will get emails atleast month before if your total balance across accounts is less than 30L for downgrade of imperia. However if you have good relationship with RM etc. He can manage up to 2-3 months.
You can find some quick smart ways to make the shortfall.

No downgrade of any of my cards since last 10+ years.

Souvik

TF Premier
For bank account you will get emails atleast month before if your total balance across accounts is less than 30L for downgrade of imperia. However if you have good relationship with RM etc. He can manage up to 2-3 months.
You can find some quick smart ways to make the shortfall.

No downgrade of any of my cards since last 10+ years.
Interesting, so I understand that credit cards are not really related to the type of account you hold. (HDFC Cust Care said so)

So what really would be the change in this case of non maintainence of balance, Imperia would be downgraded to Preferred ?

Would debit card/cheque book be changed again in case of default ?

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Interesting, so I understand that credit cards are not really related to the type of account you hold. (HDFC Cust Care said so)

So what really would be the change in this case of non maintainence of balance, Imperia would be downgraded to Preferred ?

Would debit card/cheque book be changed again in case of default ?
1. There was no downgrade for my account, it was happened by accident as balance fall below 30L but it was fixed by relationship manager in 5-7 days. No other impact on debit, credit, and cheque book.

2. Credit cards also offered on basis of relationship like Imperia, etc. But haven't noticed any changes at all.

Everything is based on your relationship with the bank, aging of account, and how good is your relationship manager or his/her manager.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
My priority RM told similar ... As in even if I don't maintain 2L average balance it probably won't be downgraded if transactions in the account are regular
how did you get priority account?
i maintain the aqb required for priority for over a year now. i contacted axis to upgrade my normal account to priority. they said to visit the branch.

over email, they asked me to apply for upgrade through the app. but for me, the app shows no account upgarde offers available.