• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Home Loan Online Prepayment

sumyth

TF Buzz
Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this question has already been posted before.

Could anyone tell me if its possible to pre-pay HDFC home loan online without visiting the branch? Anyone has experience in doing so and would be kind enough to guide regarding the procedure?

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi Everyone,

Could anyone tell me if its possible to pre-pay HDFC home loan online without visiting the branch? Anyone has experience in doing so and would be kind enough to guide regarding the procedure?
neft, imps, rtgs, upi transfer to loan ac from your savings ac.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

For hdfc, email to customer care..ask for payment link and pay. They might ask for bank statements ( reason only god knows). You can do this once per quarter.

kjs

TF Premier
For hdfc, email to customer care..ask for payment link and pay. They might ask for bank statements ( reason only god knows). You can do this once per quarter.
So only once per qtr i can do online payment? For rest of times i need to visit branch for payment? I am asking this bcoz i am currently having home loan with icici at 8.9% and hdfc is giving at 8.4% , hence thought of transferring loan

d3rvish

TF Select
Your loan needs to be at least six months old to prepay online, as far as I'm aware. After that, you need to email them saying you want to prepay and they'll send you a form on email where you need to fill in some details (amount of prepayment, identification details, bank info, etc). When you send that to them with a bank statement for the last three months, they'll generate a payment link and send it to you. The link is usually only valid for one day.

And they don't let you prepay online (or at the branch) for the last three-five days of any given month.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So only once per qtr i can do online payment? For rest of times i need to visit branch for payment? I am asking this bcoz i am currently having home loan with icici at 8.9% and hdfc is giving at 8.4% , hence thought of transferring loan
I think limits are same online/offline. Still for branch you need to check, I haven't done that.
Have you considered negotiating with icici? Also check for BOB homeloan advantage account or SBI maxgain or similar from other banks, HDFC doesn't have this as of now. Pre-payment issue will be resolved fully.

kjs

TF Premier
I think limits are same online/offline. Still for branch you need to check, I haven't done that.
Have you considered negotiating with icici? Also check for BOB homeloan advantage account or SBI maxgain or similar from other banks, HDFC doesn't have this as of now. Pre-payment issue will be resolved fully.
It looks there are lots of t&c wrt hdfc home loan. So they are ready to give at best market rate as on today of 8.4% . Coz i do n number of prepayment in ICICI thru their app and its usage and service is seemless and top notch. I did check with icici they are not ready to come below 8.9%. Probably i will visit some other ICICI branch to just give one more try.

kjs

TF Premier
Your loan needs to be at least six months old to prepay online, as far as I'm aware. After that, you need to email them saying you want to prepay and they'll send you a form on email where you need to fill in some details (amount of prepayment, identification details, bank info, etc). When you send that to them with a bank statement for the last three months, they'll generate a payment link and send it to you. The link is usually only valid for one day.

And they don't let you prepay online (or at the branch) for the last three-five days of any given month.
Lol , these are crazy t&c's now i understand y they are giving the best roi in market of 8.4%. The branch that i checked with gave me false info that i can do prepayment from 2nd month onwards they also told me that i can do pre payment from the branch itself by giving a cheque.

prc1990

TF Ace
Hi Everyone,

Yes I'm already making pre-payments every month for PNB home loan.

Through Paytm, Cred, Freecharge etc. it almost gets credited instantly.

Through Mobikwik, it takes time upto 10 days.

Almost all the app now support paying EMI payment.

Every year I'm making around 24 repayments if not more. I guess you can pre-pay amount upto 99 Lakhs and as many times as you want.

Reactions: kjs

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It looks there are lots of t&c wrt hdfc home loan. So they are ready to give at best market rate as on today of 8.4% . Coz i do n number of prepayment in ICICI thru their app and its usage and service is seemless and top notch. I did check with icici they are not ready to come below 8.9%. Probably i will visit some other ICICI branch to just give one more try.
Yes..with hdfc...things might change ( I hope for better ) with merger to hdfc bank.
Yeah..one more try with icici will not harm:)

d3rvish

TF Select
Lol , these are crazy t&c's now i understand y they are giving the best roi in market of 8.4%. The branch that i checked with gave me false info that i can do prepayment from 2nd month onwards they also told me that i can do pre payment from the branch itself by giving a cheque.

HDFC does allow you to prepay before six months are up. You need to do it at the branch. Online prepayment is offered only after six months.

Reactions: kjs

silly_putty

TF Premier
Yes I'm already making pre-payments every month for PNB home loan.

Through Paytm, Cred, Freecharge etc. it almost gets credited instantly.

Through Mobikwik, it takes time upto 10 days.

Almost all the app now support paying EMI payment.

Every year I'm making around 24 repayments if not more. I guess you can pre-pay amount upto 99 Lakhs and as many times as you want.
i cant find sbi home loan pre payment option any where,on bbps. Any other way to pay via debit card for sbi home loan? wanted to pay 7.5L and close it.

prc1990

TF Ace
i cant find sbi home loan pre payment option any where,on bbps. Any other way to pay via debit card for sbi home loan? wanted to pay 7.5L and close it.
Paying via Debit card is difficult. All third party apps mostly allow EMI payment through UPI only.

Check Paytm, Mobikwik, Cred, PhonePe, Freecharge, Bajaj app etc.

lightning

TF Neo
At a time only 25% of the principal is allowed to be paid via Online payment for HDFC per quarter.
Hi @Rishabh - I am about to apply for HDFC home loan when I stumbled across this post. Is such wordings mentioned anywhere in the TnC like website, loan sanction/disbursement letter, agreement etc.? And is this still in force after merger of HDFC with HDFC bank?