• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Family banking new account opening query

I have a classic account with hdfc, i went to bank to open a new account for my wife and include her under family banking, they told to first open a normal account by depositing 25k and only after 3-4 months they can make it a family account.

Is this true, ideally a family account should be 0 MAB and i should be able to open it with o rupess and club it immediately with my classic account . Should there be a period of 2-3 months prior to the conversion of the new account.

@TechnoFino

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a classic account with hdfc, i went to bank to open a new account for my wife and include her under family banking, they told to first open a normal account by depositing 25k and only after 3-4 months they can make it a family account.

Is this true, ideally a family account should be 0 MAB and i should be able to open it with o rupess and club it immediately with my classic account . Should there be a period of 2-3 months prior to the conversion of the new account.

@TechnoFino
Wrong info.
Just open a regular savings account of 10k mab and after account opening ask them to add that account in family banking.

If they ask to do any other non sense stuff just raise a complaint here:

ULTRA-MAGNUS

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Wrong info.
Just open a regular savings account of 10k mab and after account opening ask them to add that account in family banking.

If they ask to do any other non sense stuff just raise a complaint here:
Hello,
If the second account is opened as a non-classic account, It may get the benefit of 0 MAB. But what about Debit Card and IMPS charges?
Shouldn't the account be directly opened and converted to a classic account and then be linked to family ID?