• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC ERGO OPTIMA SECURE 4X - is there any catch ?

krishc

TF Ace
Recently came across this plan.
To me some of these 4x things seem too good to be true.
Has anybody here done a detailed scrutiny/comparison of the fine print ?
What is the catch here ?

krishc

TF Ace
agree with your point however
I'm still finding this Optima Secure 4x to be cheaper than other insurers at the same base sum insured e.g. 5L/10L/25L
that's why I'm a bit curious if they're cutting any corners to provide it thus cheap
things like doing away with a standard feature in fine prints is something insurance companies are very good at

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Bumping this up. It seems like one of the best options, I almost got a policy, but backed out last moment thinking there's got to be a catch.

Seeing this is one of the flagship offerings from HDFC Ergo, it would be super helpful if someone knowledgeable would break this down.

krishc

TF Ace
Bumping this up. It seems like one of the best options, I almost got a policy, but backed out last moment thinking there's got to be a catch.

Seeing this is one of the flagship offerings from HDFC Ergo, it would be super helpful if someone knowledgeable would break this down.
same situation with me
I'm almost sold on this
just cautious and worried that there might be a catch

dapatale

TF Select
Last year when I was planning to buy health insurance I had option of optima secure and care insurance
Decided to go with Care with base sum insurance if 25lac rather than 4x option

dapatale

TF Select
Why not to go with 4x
Only reason if in future plan to switch to other company then they will consider only ur base sum insured

Reactions: CD.

krishc

TF Ace
If I'm getting the same base sum insured plus 4x with less premium isn't that better
I compared with care, digit, bajaj Allianz and new India, found Ergo Optima Secure to be cheaper for me

dapatale

TF Select
If I'm getting the same base sum insured plus 4x with less premium isn't that better
I compared with care, digit, bajaj Allianz and new India, found Ergo Optima Secure to be cheaper for me
For health insurance fine print is imp and look for claim settlement ratio

kej

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Bumping up.
I'm myself in the exact same spot with HDFC Secure. However, based on the quotes that I have, HDFC secure is almost twice as expensive for the same base sum insured. I'm comparing it with Niva Bupa.
For a 10L Sum Assured:
- Niva Bupa Health Reassure With safeguard : Rs. 8776
- HDFC Ergo - Optima Secure : Rs. 14278

@krishc Which insurer are you comparing with?

krishc

TF Ace
care, bajaj Allianz, digit, future generali
basically I'm getting it for my parents
Niva Bupa I tried, they're not offering much for senior citizens

krishc

TF Ace
the only difference between the insurers is how the co-pay is structured
every insurer has some 20-40% co-pay based on what type of disease, pre-existing or not etc
only digit claims no co-pay
and for hdfc ergo it's not percentage based, it's first 25k meaning I can claim only when the admissible claim crosses 25k - which I'm totally fine with, I'd rather shoulder the first 25k than take 20-30% of a few lacs

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
I am looking for HDFC Ergo optima Super Secure health insurance plan with 10 lacs sum insured. This plan is not for 1 or 2 years. But we need to take it for 3 years compulsory.

I am 27 years old and my wife is 24 years old. Both are having corporate plan so opting for 50k deductibles. So I am getting this at 36,473₹ for 3 years with all discounts.Yearly 12,158₹.

And this 10 lacs sum insured is seperate for both. And after 2 years with 5x it will become 50 lacs. So in total 1 Cr. Sum issured.

Should I go for this policy and please suggest me for 50k deductibles? Should I opt it?
Or I need to go with Secure 4x?

Last edited: