• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

itsds

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They did not upgrade me to DCB even though i was eligible they told i do not have enough spends on my DCP. Finally after multiple tries gave up and accepted FYF Regalia gold as its much better than DCP after the deval. Looks like DCB metal is a distant dream. I even sent physical documents to Chennai office but no use.
How much spent were they expecting to upgrade to DCB ?

NeoOnWheels

TF Premier
My point is if you can't give me benefits, you can't get business from me. Even 1% profit on those investments will get several years of fee recovered. And moreover, I will be able to do 10L spends (was doing about 8L in diners itself). I wanted LTF just to avoid any sort of calculations and have peace of mind.

But they choose not to give it LTF. So, I make the choice to give more business to Axis rather than HDFC, who (Axis) actually treats premium customer as premium and shares profit from investments indirectly.

Look form this angle that at least the whole fees (minus GST) you are getting back even if its paid. Now look at the potential spend pattern you are talking about and see if its DCB or Infinia which would give you better returns. You are lucky you are at least getting paid Infinia, here I am stuck only cause I did not spend enough on a shitty card like HDFC MoneyBack :LOL:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Look form this angle that at least the whole fees (minus GST) you are getting back even if its paid. Now look at the potential spend pattern you are talking about and see if its DCB or Infinia which would give you better returns. You are lucky you are at least getting paid Infinia, here I am stuck only cause I did not spend enough on a shitty card like HDFC MoneyBack :LOL:
Obviously I looked from that angle and that's why I took the paid infinia card over LTF DCB.

But I won't continue savings/salary account, as they didn't give extra benefits.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Obviously I looked from that angle and that's why I took the paid infinia card over LTF DCB.

But I won't continue savings/salary account, as they didn't give extra benefits.
Ya that makes sense.. i am also in same boat.. have paid infinia metal and not other relationship with hdfc..
but my point was no one has LTF Infinia metal.. during covid people dis get LTF Infinia plastic which is now discontinued

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Ya that makes sense.. i am also in same boat.. have paid infinia metal and not other relationship with hdfc..
but my point was no one has LTF Infinia metal.. during covid people dis get LTF Infinia plastic which is now discontinued
You didn't search enough 😅.

itsds

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I asked, they told internal policy cannot disclose :ROFLMAO: ,no point in fighting. I left it at that and changed to Regalia Gold at least it has better acceptability and new transfer partners.
Even I tried to upgrade Regalia to DCB through multiple channel ,nothing worked out even though I have salary account with HDFC and getting in hand salary much more than required for DCB , I don't know on which ground they reject it

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Even I tried to upgrade Regalia to DCB through multiple channel ,nothing worked out even though I have salary account with HDFC and getting in hand salary much more than required for DCB , I don't know on which ground they reject it
True, HDFC will not upgrade the card so easily. They only want NTB customers, they give a damn about old customers. I am planning to move my salary someplace else and convert account to basic account as this is my oldest account and linked to all like PF etc.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
If I didn't had any account with them, I would have agreed (which I won't have obviously next year 🤣).

What's the extra benefit of having investment and salary account with them? Axis gives LTF Select and Burgundy Debit card to Burgundy customers. Now giving LTF magnus too.

If you search, there are people who have got infinia LTF even without any investment or salary account with them.

My point is if you can't give me benefits, you can't get business from me. Even 1% profit on those investments will get several years of fee recovered. And moreover, I will be able to do 10L spends (was doing about 8L in diners itself). I wanted LTF just to avoid any sort of calculations and have peace of mind.

But they choose not to give it LTF. So, I make the choice to give more business to Axis rather than HDFC, who (Axis) actually treats premium customer as premium and shares profit from investments indirectly.
HDFC is arrogant in some ways, but they are always reliable. I agree that they should pass on some benefits to high value customers(especially one's who are maintaining 10L SA AMB/30L TRV), but I wouldn't sacrifice my banking relationship for that. I have always received top-notch service from the Imperia team and they are pretty knowledgeable(stark opposite to the dimwits at Axis). The best part is that I have NEVER faced any hiccups with money transfers to date! NOT ONCE. This especially comes in handy to me when someone is liquidating their bonds out of desperation in the secondary market.
Coming to Axis, I've seen several complaints from Burgundy users about the exceptionally low quality of service they have received from Axis, and how one needs to escalate numerous times before receiving a proper resolution. The last few months and the Burgundy Magnus Fiasco should be a testament to how frustrating it is to deal with Axis. They have great products but abysmal service, and if you're willing to compromise on that for some additional benefits, go ahead.