• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nothing much old bullshit atleast points redemption must be extended like apple or something only limitation to airline and hotel and less value with voucher too bad
I'm fine with just the daily cap removal. Present 500 voucher on 80k/m isn't much either so not much difference. I will happily settle with this if they upgrade it for free from usual dcb

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Same fee, and the same eligibility. So they will issue future DCBs in the metal variant just like with Infinia. Added a milestone benefit(2.5% for 4L spend/quarter). They've increased spend waiver to 8L(for a card with a crappy acceptance). Lol!
They're expecting people to spend more on this card competing with the likes of Magnus Burgundy and new Emerald Private Metal. Ha! How cute! 🤣

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
So, seems like no changes in Smartbuy multipliers.

Swiggy one is annual membership here. But only for first year.

10K quarterly bonus points is an improvement over 1000 monthly voucher. But if someone has 1.5L out of 4L spends on Gyftr/apple, Infinia is still better.

No renewal benefits is a downside. 8L spends on diners network is difficult as well.

Overall, still don't see it lucrative enough (even with LTF) to choose over paid infinia, unless they match it with Infinia Gyftr/Apple multipliers.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Same fee, and the same eligibility. So they will issue future DCBs in the metal variant just like with Infinia. Added a milestone benefit(2.5% for 4L spend/quarter). They've increased spend waiver to 8L(for a card with a crappy acceptance). Lol!
If one spends 4L in one quarter, they are already in Infinia spend territory, they might as well upgrade to that :unsure:

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
just checked with one of the phone banking officers - He said its like a different card and the eligibility for upgrade will be launched on 22nd. For existing DCB members, you need to fulfil the spend criteria of 6 lakhs in last 6 months and then Metal DCB will be issued as FYF.

Since I saw the annual fee and many other stuff were same, I thought it will be issued to existing members as-is (LTF for institutional memebrs), but if he was right, then this is such a crap offer!

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As DCB LTF Alumni offer is still active, we need to check whether Metal will be issued as LTF or plastic will be LTF or will they remove the offer.
The whole idea of this card is to upgrade LTF DCB guys to paid DCB metal so that banks revenue goes up.. for that they have increased monthly smartbuy limit and given that qtrly spend milestone.. like infinia plastic guys need to pay for infinia metal same way dcb metal also won’t be LTF.. both metal cards they give FYF when u upgrade.. this is my view..

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Spoke to CS for upgrading my LTF DCB to metal
These are the key takeaway
Card will be launched tomorrow
It will be available for upgrade from 20th
Existing DCb holders can upgrade if their last 6 months spends is above 6 lakhs RS
Whether it will remain LTF that is still a question.

Features
Daily cap of 2500 removed
Monthly cap of 10k for accelerated
10k RP on spend of 4 lakhs every quarter
10x on smartbuy introduced
Swiggy one annual membership
80k monthly milestone mostly removed
Waiver criteria from 5 lakhs to 8 lakhs

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Spoke to CS for upgrading my LTF DCB to metal
These are the key takeaway
Card will be launched tomorrow
It will be available for upgrade from 20th
Existing DCb holders can upgrade if their last 6 months spends is above 6 lakhs RS
Whether it will remain LTF that is still a question.

Features
Daily cap of 2500 removed
Monthly cap of 10k for accelerated
10k RP on spend of 4 lakhs every quarter
10x on smartbuy introduced
Swiggy one annual membership
80k monthly milestone mostly removed
Waiver criteria from 5 lakhs to 8 lakhs
So made metal and made impossible (at least tough) to meet spends for fee waiver.