• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
This is what I got for regular DCB at start of new year.

Revision in the Fee structure w.e.f 1st January 2023:
1.For rent payments made through third-party merchants, a fee of 1% of the total transaction amount will be levied from the second rental transaction of the calendar month.
Yep, the key thing is it was mentioned “from the second rental transaction”. Not it just says for rental transactions. That’s the confusion I have.
Anyways, have paid through Metal this month, will come to know in 2 weeks.

palvannan

TF Select
Key question, will advance tax be a part of the 4 lakh per quarter calculation? For DCB Plastic, it was a part of calculation for monthly 80k milestone and annual 8L milestone, even though they didn't give points on the same. So with DCB Metal, if I pay quarterly advance tax of 4L with this card, will I get the 10k points? If that's the case, it becomes a really sweet card for advance tax payers. Only few credit cards continue to give benefits for paying advance taxes. Also, Diners platform is accepted for payment of advance taxes. Even better, HDFC Charges 0.72%+GST for HDFC cards whereas 0.80%+GST for other bank cards for advance tax payment, so that tiny benefit is also there.

Earlier, we were getting Rs. 12000 vouchers a year (Rs. 500 x 2 per month) and also annual milestones benefits like Amazon Prime, Forbes, Swiggy, Club Marriott, etc. But with DCB Metal, we can potentially get 40000 points while also waiving off annual fees. I think annual 40000 points is better than DCB Plastic monthly + annual milestone benefits. Please let me know your views on the same.
Vistara is going to stop the milestone and CV points for tax payments from next month. Hence HDFC DCB metal could be the next good choice for achieving milestone benefits, but only for high advance tax payers. I paid advance tax today through hdfc gateway ( using axis vistara card ) and wasn't charged 0.8% transaction charges ! Is there any offer going on or I was just lucky ?

MJN

TF Premier
Infinia upgrade denied.
LTF DCB METAL upgrade .
FYF DCB METAL upgrade available. Not going ahead with it.
Will try through RM/BM for Infinia FYF.
If that also doesn’t work will just continue with my LTF DCB.
I was offered FYF DCB METAL from my LTF REGALIA

Can I take it?
Will I get welcome benefits?

MJN

TF Premier
If it’ll be your primary card and good amount of spend go ahead ..
Yes like PSY mentioned you need to spend 1.5L in 90 days of card issuance
Yes it's my primary card (Last 2 years I had spent more than 8 lakhs in each year)

I know I can spend 8 lakhs for the waiver if I upgrade; But acceptance is a concern;

I have also got Amex platinum travel which is 2 months old ( Spend 1.5 lakhs till now- Even with low acceptance)

Compared to amex, diners can be better in acceptance? Pls confirm

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes it's my primary card (Last 2 years I had spent more than 8 lakhs in each year)

I know I can spend 8 lakhs for the waiver if I upgrade; But acceptance is a concern;

I have also got Amex platinum travel which is 2 months old ( Spend 1.5 lakhs till now- Even with low acceptance)

Compared to amex, diners can be better in acceptance? Pls confirm
Now there is less acceptance issue for DCB, after their partnership with rupay, yesterday i was ordering something on nyka and it only showed option for visa , rupay, MasterCard and one more provider but no diners.. but as rupay was their so i tried putting my DCB detail and was able to complete the order... And similarly on POS also where ever rupay is their DCB will work

Reactions: MJN

MJN

TF Premier
Now there is less acceptance issue for DCB, after their partnership with rupay, yesterday i was ordering something on nyka and it only showed option for visa , rupay, MasterCard and one more provider but no diners.. but as rupay was their so i tried putting my DCB detail and was able to complete the order... And similarly on POS also where ever rupay is their DCB will work
Thanks for the update; Will I be able to get milestone benefits (4 lakhs)and regular benefits (5 points per 150)and welcome benefits (1.5 lakhs)for all spending or any exclusions? I have my insurance & education &Rental payment of Rs 2 lakhs in the coming month.. Pls confirm..

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the update; Will I be able to get milestone benefits (4 lakhs)and regular benefits (5 points per 150)and welcome benefits (1.5 lakhs)for all spending or any exclusions? I have my insurance & education &Rental payment of Rs 2 lakhs in the coming month.. Pls confirm..
Not sure much about this exclusion part.. sorry..

Reactions: MJN

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Rent and insurance does for sure. I have done these transactions.
Education also I believe with high confidence would be counted towards milestone.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Paid college fee for my Sister using DCbM last month, I had got the points for it.
Rent and insurance does for sure. I have done these transactions.
Education also I believe with high confidence would be counted towards milestone.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Vistara is going to stop the milestone and CV points for tax payments from next month. Hence HDFC DCB metal could be the next good choice for achieving milestone benefits, but only for high advance tax payers. I paid advance tax today through hdfc gateway ( using axis vistara card ) and wasn't charged 0.8% transaction charges ! Is there any offer going on or I was just lucky ?
Please check your statement carefully. HDFC doesn't show transaction charges at the time of transaction but at the time of settlement into the bill, it would have added the charges.

SumitSingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone, just a quick question
I've recieved my DCB Metal today and I want to apply for an add on card. This person doesn't have HDFC account. What would be the fastest way of getting the add on card?
1.Mailing the documents myself to Chennai
2.taking help from branch and submitting documents there
3.Emailing the grievance team and asking them to take documents online?

Also, would it be possible to get the card before 20th of this month?

Hi everyone, just a quick question
I've recieved my DCB Metal today and I want to apply for an add on card. This person doesn't have HDFC account. What would be the fastest way of getting the add on card?
1.Mailing the documents myself to Chennai
2.taking help from branch and submitting documents there
3.Emailing the grievance team and asking them to take documents online?

Also, would it be possible to get the card before 20th of this month?
Option 2 is the best and less time consuming.

SumitSingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Option 2 is the best and less time consuming.
Thank you. Will go tomorrow and do this.
Just one more question, do I need to take the print out of the form from HDFC site or will the branch will be able to help with that?

Also, just realised that I can't add Diners card for Samsung pay
Searching a bit more showed that there are lot of acceptance issues especially for tap and pay
Is this the same in tier 1 city? Like Delhi and Mumbai?

I've just been upgraded from Regalia to this so didn't have much idea

Thank you. Will go tomorrow and do this.
Just one more question, do I need to take the print out of the form from HDFC site or will the branch will be able to help with that?

Also, just realised that I can't add Diners card for Samsung pay
Searching a bit more showed that there are lot of acceptance issues especially for tap and pay
Is this the same in tier 1 city? Like Delhi and Mumbai?

I've just been upgraded from Regalia to this so didn't have much idea
Bank will give you the form and I can't comment on Tier 1 cities as I do not belong to these cities.