• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Key question, will advance tax be a part of the 4 lakh per quarter calculation? For DCB Plastic, it was a part of calculation for monthly 80k milestone and annual 8L milestone, even though they didn't give points on the same. So with DCB Metal, if I pay quarterly advance tax of 4L with this card, will I get the 10k points? If that's the case, it becomes a really sweet card for advance tax payers. Only few credit cards continue to give benefits for paying advance taxes. Also, Diners platform is accepted for payment of advance taxes. Even better, HDFC Charges 0.72%+GST for HDFC cards whereas 0.80%+GST for other bank cards for advance tax payment, so that tiny benefit is also there.

Earlier, we were getting Rs. 12000 vouchers a year (Rs. 500 x 2 per month) and also annual milestones benefits like Amazon Prime, Forbes, Swiggy, Club Marriott, etc. But with DCB Metal, we can potentially get 40000 points while also waiving off annual fees. I think annual 40000 points is better than DCB Plastic monthly + annual milestone benefits. Please let me know your views on the same.

Reactions: PSY

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
On T&C page for welcome benefits and milestones for DCB Metal, the following has been mentioned. So I am optimistic that government transactions should be counted towards milestones as they have in DCB Plastic. Otherwise, it is a garbage offer for me.

1701333591959.png

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Had coulple of queries:
1. Does RentPay (through RG) give rewards point on DCB metal? And is it counted in milestone?
2. Are goverment spends (NPS in particular) counted towards milestone?

For point no 1, always use HDFC Billpay to pay rent via redgirraffe. In my experience, they have always given rewards points and I haven't been charged 1% when I pay via HDFC Billpay.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1000129049.jpg

Left plastic card
Right metal

Weight : 18g
Magnus weighs 12g

Looks are near to identical.

Ps: the image doesn't do much justice to the card.
Looks and feels Better in person.
Did you get the same number on the card? Or did the number get changed? I know the CVV always changes.

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
For point no 1, always use HDFC Billpay to pay rent via redgirraffe. In my experience, they have always given rewards points and I haven't been charged 1% when I pay via HDFC Billpay.
Let’s see. Paying this month’s rent with Metal. Will come to know in 2 weeks if it’s still free or chargeable.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Let’s see. Paying this month’s rent with Metal. Will come to know in 2 weeks if it’s still free or chargeable.
Sweet! Do let us know. Currently using Kotak White and IDFC First Wealth cards for government transactions. If DCB Metal joins the party, then it will be really helpful.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This was there is DCB plastic T&C as well?
1701367437642.png
This is what I got for regular DCB at start of new year.

Revision in the Fee structure w.e.f 1st January 2023:
1.For rent payments made through third-party merchants, a fee of 1% of the total transaction amount will be levied from the second rental transaction of the calendar month.