• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Diners Black Add-on Card Lounge Access and Online transactions

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi there,

I just received HDFC Diners Black add-on card on my wife name who doesn’t hold HDFC Bank account.

I have the following queries regarding this:
  1. Strangely I found that the add-on card number is same as primary card number. Diner club shares the unlimited lounge access to the add-on card holder but my doubt is whether it will be allowed on the same day or not? Like if I and my wife visit to the same lounge together, will they accept both primary and add-on card having same number?
  2. I am unable to mark online transactions on for the add-on cards, is it not allowed?
Thanks in advance.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi there,

I just received HDFC Diners Black add-on card on my wife name who doesn’t hold HDFC Bank account.

1. Strangely I found that the add-on card number is same as primary card number. Diner club shares the unlimited lounge access to the add-on card holder but my doubt is whether it will be allowed on the same day or not? Like if I and my wife visit to the same lounge together, will they accept both primary and add-on card having same number?
  2. I am unable to mark online transactions on for the add-on cards, is it not allowed?
Thanks in advance.
Online transactions don’t have any point on add on because everything is same, even CVV, so there’s no separate limit for add-on. You will get OTP when your wife is trying to pay something online.

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

Even though all the visible information on the add-on cards are the same, any POS system will be able to determine which card was used for the transaction, be it at the lounge or the ATM or in a retail store. That's how they can map separate PINs to different cards amongst other things.

The problem though is for online/OTP transactions. That's where things get messed up.

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How to set pin for add on card for HDFC DCB. Whenever I try to set pin for add on card using hdfc netbanking or app, it says pin will get dispatched within 7 working days and nothing happens.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Here are the steps to generate pin of addon in hdfc

1. Generate Otp for pin reset of primary through netbanking. The green Otp received automatically when card is issued won't work
2. Use newer touch screen atm machines. Won't work on older atms
3. Enable atm usage with 1k limit on addon through net banking
4. Enter mobile number of primary with 91 before in the newer touch screen atms