• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc classic banking

ramirami

TF Select
I have ignored the offer earlier. Savings Max has everything and does not rely on luck for continued maintenance / non-maintenance charges.

Yes, most people are not charged after upgrade to classic, but what if HDFC decides to be strict about it in the future?

I have learned that the least premium account that meets all your criteria is the best account in any bank.

funatlearn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have hdfc account for more than 16 years. Long back around 12 yrs back, my account was downgraded from classic to normal and I was charged nmc. I noticed it after 4 months and requested them for waiver. They denied. I won't trust any bank for these kind of charges.

Same happened in indus exclusive account. NMC charges

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
It all depends on the kind of relationship you have with your bank branch. In my case, with IndusInd Bank, my RM is persistently encouraging me to upgrade to the Grande account by making an initial deposit of 5L, and I wouldn't need to maintain any minimum balance. He assured me that he will take care of NMC. 🤣 In short, anything is possible if your branch is on your side, and with a higher variant account, there's always Zero NMC. They will downgrade your account first and then pile up the charges. 😂

Buttman

TF Premier
This is HDFC Classic Banking program, In which You will get some features like lifetime free debit card, Zero MAB NON-MAINTENANCE charges, free ATM transactions and free money transfers.

To Be Eligible for this one need to maintain 1 lakh then he/she will be eligible for classic Banking, Still many gets upgrade if they just have good transactions. There is no MAB non-maintenance charges, So if you will not maintain the MAB, you will not be charged.
Also If you will upgrade and if you have good transactions in a month then it will not be downgraded.
Infact no-one gets downgrade from it, I had never seen anyone getting downgrade from classic banking.

My suggestions would be upgrade it and just maintain 1 lakh for 3 months (As this is the period where your account is under review)

So yeah there is not much Benefits but still you can upgrade it.
So I recently got an email asking me to maintain sufficient balance in order to continue with the classic program. Do I need to maintain 100k for a month or so going forward?

deep@vie

TF Legend
So I recently got an email asking me to maintain sufficient balance in order to continue with the classic program. Do I need to maintain 100k for a month or so going forward?
They keep sending reminders.
If you can keep some funds here for few days in a month.