• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CC Online Application (Regalia)

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have no prior HDFC banking / card relationship. With my learnings into the world of CCs over the last year or so, wanted to get started with my journey into HDFC cards as well to hopefully reach to the premium HDFC cards in the near future. With this context & since I have the income eligibility as stated on their website, I applied online for Regalia back in March.

However, after the application, there was no movement for almost a month & the tracking status kept showing as INPROCESS/INPROGRESS. Post this, I mailed one of the support IDs & they mentioned that its under review & so they can't commit a timeline. I reverted again saying that a check / approval or even a single step of progress shouldn't be taking more than 4-6 weeks & I've not had this slow of an experience anywhere. To this they then replied asking me to submit my KYC, income proof & 1 pager MID in the nearest branch & that they'll process it further once I do this.
Funnily enough, BOB is criticized very often for their issues & slowness & I had applied for Eterna (via ITR/income proof) around the same time or before HDFC but I got everything done & received the card in around 5 weeks. It was a better & complete online process than what I've experienced with HDFC so far.. but nevertheless!

Anyways, I've not had the chance to visit the HDFC branch yet due to my work schedules & I had mailed them that I'll visit when it's possible for me to do so. Had also requested them to keep my application open if possible. However, now if I try tracking the application online with my mobile number & DOB it says no record found :)

Is the above experience with HDFC CCs normal? Should I try & complete this application as suggested by their mail support or should I let the cool off happen & apply fresh?
Also, is it better to apply for an HDFC card via ITR or C2C (max current limit 2.5L) or is it better to open an account & keep a decent MAB & then apply down the line? Wanted to check on what's the best way to get the highest possible credit limit along with approval.

Any suggestions will be helpful!

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC will not process online applications for CC unless you hold some type of account with them. Your best bet is to apply C2C through branch/agent. You can get Regalia based on C2C (min. limit required is 2lac).
Quite interesting if that's the case. Will C2C give me a better initial limit though? Many cases I've read that the issuers give a floor limit or lower limit with C2C method. I'm also looking to see if ITR for example can probably help get a better initial limit as well.

Bob78900

TF Premier
HDFC will not process online applications for CC unless you hold some type of account with them. Your best bet is to apply C2C through branch/agent. You can get Regalia based on C2C (min. limit required is 2lac).
Any way to get ltf card from hdfc without having any prior relationship?

jayks

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Any way to get ltf card from hdfc without having any prior relationship?
You have to apply through branch or agent.

Quite interesting if that's the case. Will C2C give me a better initial limit though? Many cases I've read that the issuers give a floor limit or lower limit with C2C method. I'm also looking to see if ITR for example can probably help get a better initial limit as well.
Yea, limit is a hit or miss with C2C. If you think you can get a better limit with your ITR then you can apply with that as well. I believe ITR has to be >12lac or salary >1lac per month for Regalia.

Bob78900

TF Premier
You have to apply through branch or agent.

Yea, limit is a hit or miss with C2C. If you think you can get a better limit with your ITR then you can apply with that as well. I believe ITR has to be >12lac or salary >1lac per month for Regalia.
Applying through branch or agent will give ltf? Because on their website it says to make it ltf you have to apply online

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I have no prior HDFC banking / card relationship. With my learnings into the world of CCs over the last year or so, wanted to get started with my journey into HDFC cards as well to hopefully reach to the premium HDFC cards in the near future. With this context & since I have the income eligibility as stated on their website, I applied online for Regalia back in March.

However, after the application, there was no movement for almost a month & the tracking status kept showing as INPROCESS/INPROGRESS. Post this, I mailed one of the support IDs & they mentioned that its under review & so they can't commit a timeline. I reverted again saying that a check / approval or even a single step of progress shouldn't be taking more than 4-6 weeks & I've not had this slow of an experience anywhere. To this they then replied asking me to submit my KYC, income proof & 1 pager MID in the nearest branch & that they'll process it further once I do this.
Funnily enough, BOB is criticized very often for their issues & slowness & I had applied for Eterna (via ITR/income proof) around the same time or before HDFC but I got everything done & received the card in around 5 weeks. It was a better & complete online process than what I've experienced with HDFC so far.. but nevertheless!

Anyways, I've not had the chance to visit the HDFC branch yet due to my work schedules & I had mailed them that I'll visit when it's possible for me to do so. Had also requested them to keep my application open if possible. However, now if I try tracking the application online with my mobile number & DOB it says no record found :)

Is the above experience with HDFC CCs normal? Should I try & complete this application as suggested by their mail support or should I let the cool off happen & apply fresh?
Also, is it better to apply for an HDFC card via ITR or C2C (max current limit 2.5L) or is it better to open an account & keep a decent MAB & then apply down the line? Wanted to check on what's the best way to get the highest possible credit limit along with approval.

Any suggestions will be helpful!
Apply through offline mode..

Bob78900

TF Premier
All HDFC cards (except Infinia/DCB) can be made LTF by few methods which are given here: https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/credit-cards/credit-card-fee-waiver-condition
Wow thankyou for sharing this with me i was not aware of this. This will be applied even when i apply through branch or any agent?
Can you suggest something if someone have a salary between 20-25 or 30k not more than 30k Which hdfc card he/she should apply
He/she does not hold any account with hdfc bank. And have one Fd credit card with 10k limit. Or he/ she should get other banks card first
He/she cannot open bank account in hdfc due to less salary and high balance maintenance so no chances of getting pre approved offer.

prc1990

TF Ace
Wow thankyou for sharing this with me i was not aware of this. This will be applied even when i apply through branch or any agent?
Can you suggest something if someone have a salary between 20-25 or 30k not more than 30k Which hdfc card he/she should apply
He/she does not hold any account with hdfc bank. And have one Fd credit card with 10k limit. Or he/ she should get other banks card first
He/she cannot open bank account in hdfc due to less salary and high balance maintenance so no chances of getting pre approved offer.
Please see this as well Post in thread 'HDFC MILLINEA LTF CONDITIONS?' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-millinea-ltf-conditions.414/post-4605

Bob78900

TF Premier
Not true about pre approved offers
One can get moneyback/Millennia
What do you mean by not true about pre approved offers? Actually my friend have brothers want hdfc card i tried to explain his situation. I also thought of telling him to try and apply for millennia. I'll now suggest him the same. Even if he get 10-20k limit I'll tell him to use his credit card for all his purchases to make 50k total spend in 90days for making it ltf

Bob78900

TF Premier
Please see this as well Post in thread 'HDFC MILLINEA LTF CONDITIONS?' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-millinea-ltf-conditions.414/post-4605
All HDFC cards (except Infinia/DCB) can be made LTF by few methods which are given here: https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/credit-cards/credit-card-fee-waiver-condition
What 👀👀 for making regalia ltf only need an add on card. After ltf conformation I'll close add on card👀

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If someone can give me exactly salary/exact CC variant, age, limit then I can suggest by which method to apply
Looking for Regalia currently & ITR >1L net per month.. comfortably

Yes, income is above the stated eligibility too so have been thinking of using that as the primary mode instead of C2C.

jayks

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes it will work for any mode of application (online/offline). If his salary before deductions is >35k per month then he is eligible to apply for Millennia. Or else he can get Moneyback+. I think you can get better info if you visit branch. Maybe they can do something to relax the eligibility requirements.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Yes it will work for any mode of application (online/offline). If his salary before deductions is >35k per month then he is eligible to apply for Millennia. Or else he can get Moneyback+. I think you can get better info if you visit branch. Maybe they can do something to relax the eligibility requirements.
His salary is right now only 20 after all the deductions. He said he will get increase soon. Okay I'll tell him the same information to him thanks

DrShimon

TF Buzz
I did apply for a cc in December 2021 in branch but even after a month i did not get any receipt of application confirmation. so frustrated that i applied online but I think as i did not have any account with them they straight away rejected it and mentioned that you can't apply for a cc with us due to our internal policy. after that i opened a preferred account with them in February.

I'm now trying to apply again as i did not receive any preapproved offers yet. but still they wont let that happen and says seems like you have recently applied for a cc.

what can I do in this case kindly help.

TF Ace
TF Family
I did apply for a cc in December 2021 in branch but even after a month i did not get any receipt of application confirmation. so frustrated that i applied online but I think as i did not have any account with them they straight away rejected it and mentioned that you can't apply for a cc with us due to our internal policy. after that i opened a preferred account with them in February.

I'm now trying to apply again as i did not receive any preapproved offers yet. but still they wont let that happen and says seems like you have recently applied for a cc.

what can I do in this case kindly help.
You can apply exactly after 6 months of your previous application. This is what I have experienced!

DrShimon

TF Buzz
You can apply exactly after 6 months of your previous application. This is what I have experienced!
thats the issue i need a card with international lounge access and im leaving in sept. my rm says i dnt need to give income proof as im preferred customeer but then he dosnt gurantee me a regalia first or dc privillage or regalia.
what to do? shall i take a axis select card?

TF Ace
TF Family
thats the issue i need a card with international lounge access and im leaving in sept. my rm says i dnt need to give income proof as im preferred customeer but then he dosnt gurantee me a regalia first or dc privillage or regalia.
what to do? shall i take a axis select card?
I believe you would be able to apply in July, if you can wait till then. I guess being Preferred account holder approval shouldn't be an issue. But yeah, it isn't guaranteed either. Are you getting Select for sure? 👀