• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc account upgrade

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi.. is it possible to upgrade hdfc account to classic or privilege online? i had opened classic account but they downgraded it because i was not maintaining balance, Now i want to upgrade again but not want to do it via branch.. as they force a lot to buy those ULIP policies.

Paras Jain

TF Premier
You just need to maintaing the minimum balance for whichever tier u want to upgrade to. In a few months you will automatically get an email for upgrade,

Classic - Not sure what is minimum balance
Preferred - 2 Lakh

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi.. is it possible to upgrade hdfc account to classic or privilege online? i had opened classic account but they downgraded it because i was not maintaining balance, Now i want to upgrade again but not want to do it via branch.. as they force a lot to buy those ULIP policies.
You have to brace up yourself and face the ULIP pitch :p You can say that you have some other plan like buying a house etc so cant do any investments right now. Branch RM have good amount of authority.

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
No need to face the RM just fill the account upgrade form and submit it in the branch.

If the account isn't upgraded within 30 days raise complaint on HDFC complaint portal.
After complaint surely your account will be upgraded.

samss

TF Buzz
You just need to maintaing the minimum balance for whichever tier u want to upgrade to. In a few months you will automatically get an email for upgrade,

Classic - Not sure what is minimum balance
Preferred - 2 Lakh
25k pm balance is required for max saving account.

Last edited:

anonymuos

TF Ace
Hdfc is too slow for any work... Have submitted form for branch transfer... It has been 13 days... Still the work is not done....
Yes many private banks service these days has degenerated to PSU bank levels and in fact some PSU banks service has improved a lot so much that lately I feel there is not much difference in service. Yes, product-wise some private banks do have the upper edge and in some rural areas, PSU banks service is still crap.

Kotak for example has taken 15 days to open new savings account for me and 1 month to issue me correct debit card for that account. They have no chip shortage/supply issues. It is just plain lethargy/laziness/red tape. Also employees not trained to know their own latest rules so they give flat out incorrect info very confidently and call customer misinformed then apologize after complaint.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes many private banks service these days has degenerated to PSU bank levels and in fact some PSU banks service has improved a lot so much that lately I feel there is not much difference in service. Yes, product-wise some private banks do have the upper edge and in some rural areas, PSU banks service is still crap.

Kotak for example has taken 15 days to open new savings account for me and 1 month to issue me correct debit card for that account. They have no chip shortage/supply issues. It is just plain lethargy/laziness/red tape. Also employees not trained to know their own latest rules so they give flat out incorrect info very confidently and call customer misinformed then apologize after complaint.
Kotak is another level shitty bank. Few years back I applied for a Credit Card. They took my sign on some other card and sent me some other variant saying that you are eligible for this card. With this logic they can take signature on cc form and send you home loan saying you are eligible for this. :p Prior to that I opened an account with them and while entering my email id they made some error and to change the email id they took more than a month.

DEEP_RAY

TF Select
I am maintaining over 1.5Lacs from the 7-8 months but have not received any upgrade offer.
My nearest branch (not HOME branch) not interested in this and want new account with 1L+ account then they will assign RM from their branch.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am maintaining over 1.5Lacs from the 7-8 months but have not received any upgrade offer.
My nearest branch (not HOME branch) not interested in this and want new account with 1L+ account then they will assign RM from their branch.
Yes these people are hungry for new accounts for their targets, if the home branch is not giving good service go to some other bigger branch which is nearby. I have seen bigger branches have better and more skilled staff.