• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Have you hit your monthly 1L milestone on Magnus?

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have already completed my milestone spending. Amazon pay, Myntra vouchers, Bharatnxt can be used to bridge that gap in the best possible way.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How Bharatnxt , can you explain
Bharatnxt is an app via which you can transfer a sum from your credit card to another bank account (not yours) by paying a fee of 1.09-1.75% Plus GST. The transaction is counted as a utility payment and hence you earn ER and is also counted towards the monthly milestone.
Its safe, just don’t go crazy with it as your card might get flagged cause of continuous use.

This is the BharatNXT thread. You’ll get all the info you need here.

James2307mr

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
How Bharatnxt , can you explain
I wouldn't at all recommend using Bharatnxt to just complete your milestone. Axis is cracking down on users who earn ER from unfair means and have started deducting points even after 3-4 months. It is correct that Bharatnxt MCC does get counted towards spends but Axis can easily get the merchant name against the MCC. And if they start cracking down on such cases, you might see in the coming months that points are being reversed.

If you really want to hit the milestone, I'll suggest the following:
1. If you genuinely have swiggy/zomato spends, buy the gift vouchers from Gyftr, add them to your wallet and you can use them the following months as well. Basically plan the usage.
2. Swiggy vouchers are helpful as they can be used for grocery but do note that Swiggy is operating under a hyperlocal delivery model, their grocery prices are a tad bit higher. The alternative is to shop from MORE, Flipkart grocery, etc. as they are cheaper (approx 10% monthly savings). You can get these vouchers from gyftr as well.
3. You can buy Amazon Pay vouchers from Gyftr as they are very versatile. You can pay electricity bills, broadband bills, etc. through these for quite a few months.

The gist of this is that you can plan to buy gift vouchers for the services which you regularly use and club expenses for 2-3 months in a single month to hit the milestone.

Again, I would recommend to stay away from Bharatnxt.

Last edited:

James2307mr

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Any gift voucher you can purchase to fill the gap and use them later as and when required.
1. Amazon Pay (3x Rewards) - The most versatile voucher
2. Amazon Shopping, Flipkart (5x Rewards) - Can order stuff online and also groceries
3. Swiggy, Zomato (5x Rewards) - Can be used for online food delivery as well as bill payment while dining out

These are my go to vouchers.

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a 2 weeks old card, so didn't try this month. I will hit next month

Following is my plan :
1. Changed statement generation date to 1st.
2. Will pay 2 months rent in 1 statement (day 1 and last day) using payzapp+rg hack --> 28k
3. 10k APV - no brainer - wide acceptability
4. 10k FK voucher - I use FK and BB for groceries
5. Myntra - 20k as it is at 10x, worst case I can even buy gold.
6. have some jockey purchases -> 20x on grabdeals - 5k
7. Misc expenses: 5k
7. Shortfall: cover using ASV. I can use ASV well because BB vouchers can be bought. Worst case if they are to expire, I will convert to Tanishq GV.

The above is getting me about 50k miles

Last edited:

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Following is my plan :
2. Will pay 2 months rent in 1 statement (day 1 and last day) using payzapp+rg hack --> 28k
3. 10k APV
7. Shortfall: cover using ASV. I can use ASV well because BB vouchers can be bought. Worst case if they are to expire, I will convert to Tanishq GV.

isnt rent not counted in milestone anymore? or is that the payzapp+rg hack used for?

James2307mr

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Following is my plan :

Looking at this I feel that you buying Myntra is not a day to day expense but doing it for hitting the milestone. You are correct that you can buy gold but most of the times the seller on online platforms cancel the gold delivery even after order is confirmed. That way you will be stuck with Myntra GV and would have to forcefully buy clothes.

Just remember, don't let the CC rewards into luring you to spend higher amounts than you would normally do.

Last edited:

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Looking at this I feel that you buying Myntra is not a day to day expense but doing it for hitting the milestone. You are correct that you can buy gold but most of the times the seller on online platforms cancel the gold delivery even after order is confirmed. That way you will be stuck with Myntra GV and would have to forcefully buy clothes.

Just remember, don't let the CC rewards into luring you to spend higher amounts than you would normally do.
Yes, I am mindful of the trap but I won't claim to be 100% objective.

I do shop quite a bit on Myntra, especially my wife does. Our last year's spending on Myntra is about 1lakh.

I will be doing this just for one month, won't keep stacking up like this. In other months of the year I don't think there is any way I'll reach 1L with my spending unless we are able to materialise our foreign trip goals.

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Following is my plan :

What is payzapp+rg hack? Paying on RG using payzapp? And paying through payzapp using Magnus? Does Rent payment gets counted in the milestone?

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bharatnxt is an app via which you can transfer a sum from your credit card to another bank account (not yours) by paying a fee of 1.09-1.75% Plus GST. The transaction is counted as a utility payment and hence you earn ER and is also counted towards the monthly milestone.
Its safe, just don’t go crazy with it as your card might get flagged cause of continuous use.

This is the BharatNXT thread. You’ll get all the info you need here.
Hi.Thanks. Have you received milestone benefit of 25k points upon upon meeting the shortfall by using BharatNXT?