• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Have we finally settled on a mechanism to pay rent via an AmEx card?

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey, so I recently acquired the MRCC and Plat Travel (already have a Plat Charge), and wanted to reach the 4L milestone on my Plat Travel. I was thinking of doing 4X 5000 Amazon Pay GV transactions via gyftr on MRCC to hit both milestones.

I have to pay 11K rent from this month, and I was thinking of using the Plat Travel. Seems like the last 2 holdouts PhonePe and MobiKwik both have stopped rent payments via AmEx. What's the best method to pay rent now? Should I add money via the CC to PayTM and send it to my landlord? Or should I add money to Mobikwik, withdraw, and then UPI?

sanjib123

TF Buzz
Hello, can payzapp wallet be loaded using Amex card and can that wallet balance be used for recharge for livquik fastag? Any extra charge associated with wallet loading and recharge in this case?

sanjib123

TF Buzz
Payzapp does not support Amex cards for any transactions
Then it seems like, fastag recharge using cred at extra 1.5% charge for amex cards is the only option? Because if I reach milestone of 1.9 lacs with 23000 RPs ( considering 7k FK voucher approximately), which narrows down to approx 3.7% return. Effective return will be 3.7-1.5 = 2.1%. Correct me if I am wrong.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Then it seems like, fastag recharge using cred at extra 1.5% charge for amex cards is the only option? Because if I reach milestone of 1.9 lacs with 23000 RPs ( considering 7k FK voucher approximately), which narrows down to approx 3.7% return. Effective return will be 3.7-1.5 = 2.1%. Correct me if I am wrong.
Call me crazy but giving extra charges up front for eventual returns is not a good deal. Why don't you ask friends and family to contact you whenever they need to purchase from any of the Gyftr outlets and you can just give them vouchers. Many Gyftr vouchers have discounts which you can pass them. You get multiplier rewards as well as milestone rewards, they don't lose. Win win situation.