• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Harrassing scammers is my part time job

#aniket

TF Ace
Receiver needs to follow up with cyber police. There was a thread here, where a woman mistakenly sent money to someone and put a freeze on him. The victim is still struggling I guess.
Yes I am aware about it.

Kind read edited version, once again.

Basically without putting lein his account was marked total debit freeze. This usually happens from South Cyber departments and Gujarat and other states.

Insanely, freezing authority handed with poor implementation, they are not even approachable, without strong ground such action is taken, no right to be heard is provided to receiver before taking any such action.

techt

TF Legend
What if the receiver says money is credited in his/her account randomly without his knowledge and has nothing to do with the sender?🤡

Or when receiver gives wallet account details instead of Bank A/c and later give excuses based on job seeking and lack of awareness of any ill intestine liking and earning money?
Guilty unless proven. Literally have to fight with cyber police. Time consuming and draining. Not worth few hundreds earned that way.

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What if the receiver says money is credited in his/her account randomly without his knowledge and has nothing to do with the sender?🤡

Or when receiver gives wallet account details instead of Bank A/c and later give excuses based on job seeking and lack of awareness of any ill intestine liking and earning money?
If you receive a million dollars doesn't make it yours.

You are obliged to report such transactions, whether that's UPI (they have a report feature) or straight to your bank account which is very unlikely to happen as these cases mostly happen via UPI.

Try checking any payment you have received via UPI, you can mark such transactions as unknown and even get them reversed easily from within the respective apps.

Pradumya

TF Premier
13th post in this thread is fun
After that gyan started.

Not against gyan, just reminding that this thread is for fun

Peace ✌️

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Guilty unless proven. Literally have to fight with cyber police. Time consuming and draining. Not worth few hundreds earned that way.
In this case this is the correct course of action for financial cases like this. Froze all the concerned financial instruments involved in the scheme.

The whole point is to stop the money flowing to have a chance of recovering or seizing it.

The guilty until proven innocent might not be best concept to apply here.

#aniket

TF Ace
If you receive a million dollars doesn't make it yours.
I haven't said like this by any means. 😂
I just meant that the receiver has earned the money or recieved due to the mistake of sender where there's no fault on part of receiver
and one can receive money on good faith, one which he can't be made liable, one (common man) has no authority to check background of every sender through which one transact.
You are obliged to report such transactions, whether that's UPI (they have a report feature) or straight to your bank account which is very unlikely to happen as these cases mostly happen via UPI.
Yes agreed on this.
Where's such report feature, kindly attach the screenshot and explain lil more.
Try checking any payment you have received via UPI, you can mark such transactions as unknown and even get them reversed easily from within the respective apps.
How to mark unknown and get the reversed through TPAP?

Shed some light on it.

silly_putty

TF Premier
As fun as it can be, it's an extremely stupid idea.

Their number is disposable, I hope yours is too because they can still let hell loose with just your phone number if they wanted to.

Also getting money from them is just pulling you into trouble. Plenty of people have gotten their bank accounts frozen whenever eventually the bank or the authorities flag their accounts due to illegal activities.

Report the number, get it blocked by WhatsApp so they can't create a new account with it.

Stop antagonizing scammers unless you are prepared to deal with the consequences. Ignoring them is the best thing you can do unless your job is to catch them.
Yeah. I totally understand that part, which is why I usually don't take their money. Even if I do it, I take it in kotak where I have 0 bal. I also don't do this bs on my primary number, this is my secondary one.

techt

TF Legend
I send them a d*** pick....they automatically block me..problem solved..bhe*****
Next time I will send them to continue in @Vasuki s number. They will be trapped into an endless chat.
episode 1 abe simpson GIF

Mene bhi ek bar wahi Kiya, baad me jaake jinko review Diya unko bhi wapas 1 star kar diya 😆
They have zero connection with those influencer's. They just pickup random high profile youtubers/instagramers and ask people to like them in exchange of money then after some time they will ask you to invest in paid programs like deposit 1k get 1.3k. This is how they build up your trust with them. After this whenever you invest a high amount or they feel like you won't investest a high amount they will say that you have to deposit more in order to take out your last withrawal and you will never get your withdrawal. Btw they add you to a group where thousands of other users are added. You can't see their contact info neither you can chat with them. Only those scammers put screenshots in that group of people earning thousands of rupees.

When i asked them why i can't chat and others who are putting the screenshot can then they said those are senior employees and if i want to become a senior employee then i will have to deposit 50k.

techt

TF Legend
Here is their modus operandi.

In a statement to the police officials, the woman said: "When I clicked the link, I was added to a group on Instagram. Someone called me and directed me to like some YouTube channels and earn quick money. As I earned some money, I was given more tasks. This way, I earned around Rs 10,000.”

Later, the scammers informed the woman that if she invested, she would get back two times the amount in a short period.
“In a Telegram group into which I was included, there were many persons, including women, and some claimed they had received 'double money' for the investments they made," she said.
"Trusting them, I started investing in different bank accounts mentioned by the miscreants. My investments ranged between Rs 10,000 and Rs 30 lakh. Each time I invested, I was getting a message, confirming my investment and the interest rates against them. It all showed I was due to double the money,” she added.

Falling prey to this scam, the woman invested Rs 2.7 crore. After a few days, the woman got suspicious of seeing repeated messages from scammers claiming to have received double payment.

#aniket

TF Ace
Here is their modus operandi.

In a statement to the police officials, the woman said: "When I clicked the link, I was added to a group on Instagram. Someone called me and directed me to like some YouTube channels and earn quick money. As I earned some money, I was given more tasks. This way, I earned around Rs 10,000.”

Later, the scammers informed the woman that if she invested, she would get back two times the amount in a short period.
“In a Telegram group into which I was included, there were many persons, including women, and some claimed they had received 'double money' for the investments they made," she said.
"Trusting them, I started investing in different bank accounts mentioned by the miscreants. My investments ranged between Rs 10,000 and Rs 30 lakh. Each time I invested, I was getting a message, confirming my investment and the interest rates against them. It all showed I was due to double the money,” she added.

Falling prey to this scam, the woman invested Rs 2.7 crore. After a few days, the woman got suspicious of seeing repeated messages from scammers claiming to have received double payment.
An entrepreneur woman from Bengaluru fell in this trap. 🫣