• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got HSBC Cashback Card in an Unserviceable Area (Without Agent).

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey, Below is my detailed experience of applying for the HSBC Cashback Card in an unserviceable area without the help of any agent.
On 7th April 2024 I applied for the HSBC Cashback being an absolute noob entered my house address which was in Faridabad (Delhi NCR) thinking it will be serviceable. But to my absolute disappointment, it wasn't and I was stuck for 1 month before my application got reset.
Tip - If you want to check if your area is serviceable or not check with someone else's phone number and aadhaar card and check if it proceeds to the point where you have to enter if you are self-employed or salaried.

I waited for 30 days but my application did not reset exactly in 30 days so I complained the customer care at - complaints.india@hsbc.co.in

On 10th May 2024, I checked again and I was able to apply. Taking the risk I applied going through CashKaro's link.

This time I applied using my office address which was serviceable.

How to check if it is in a serviceable area - Hit and try with any other phone no & aadhaar card if it goes through the 2nd step then it is ok.

Entered everything correctly with a one-month account statement with the latest salary credit and latest salary slip. Also, verified the account with the account aggregator due to which I think I have got an extremely high limit at par with the CCs with HDFC.

Waited for 1 week and to track the application you can ask customer care.
Here is the timeline-
10-05-24 - Applied the card through CashKaro link
10-05-24 - VKYC done (Don't instantly do the VKYC after completing the application form as they have some delay in the system. Do the VKYC after 45-60 mins of submitting the application. I had to waste time for doing the vkyc twice before the executive told me to wait for sometime as my application is not received by them)
15-05-24 - Agent Called me for the complaint I registered on the above email and when I told that I have already applied he checked and told that my card was approved.
15-05-24 - Got an SMS that I will receive a message within 2 days on how to generate the Card Pin
16-05-24 - BluDart Tracking ID
16-05-24 - Approval Message
16-05-24 - Card delivered at home

The main reasons to take the risk of applying on your own-
1) CashKaro Reward of 2500. It is in pending currently and I will have to wait for 1-2 months to redeem it. If you do not get the reward just raise a ticked using the application number you have received in the email along with the application form attached.
If you are not on CashKaro you can use my referral - https://cashk.app.link/wLKsjrP2qJb

2) High limit as you have provided correct information yourself. HSBC Agents are notorious to put false information to just get the card approved. (In my case limit was the four times the salary actually credited every month, if your salary credits in parts then only one credit in the start of month will be considered)

3) Amazon GV of 250 on completing the VKYC. (I am not sure if you will get it if applied through the HSBC Agent)

I am suggesting these measures if you have a great credit history, you are salaried and didn't have excessive credit enquiries recently and the only reason for the first rejection was an unserviceable area. But if you feel at any point you can get rejected go through an agent as once rejected there is a cool-off period of 90 days.

But 2500 is worth taking a risk.

More Tips -
1) Choose the correspondence address where you want the card as I received the card at my home only which was apparently unserviceable as I chose it as my correspondence address.
2) If you need a call from HSBC Sales Person or Agent just enter your details and leave the application after entering your PAN. You will get the call on the next day most probably.
3) If your application gets rejected and you have completed your vkyc you will receive an INR 250 Amazon GV regardless of your card approval.
Reference - https://www.technofino.in/community...jected-cc-application-check-your-inbox.26595/

Other threads you can refer to for more knowledge on HSBC Application Process -
https://www.technofino.in/community...sbc-credit-card-after-numerous-attempts.8097/
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hsbc-cashback-credit-card-review.20419/

Last edited:

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Good job. My issue is the opposite. home address is serviceable but office address is not. Any workaround?
Don't add the office address anywhere, except for when asked for work details. The serviceable area is based on the current address only. If you choose the permanent address to be same as current address then the permanent address will be checked.

Don't believe the customer care they told me that my home pincode is serviceable but it wasn't according to the online application.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey, Below is my detailed experience of applying for the HSBC Cashback Card in an unserviceable area without the help of any agent.
On 7th April 2024 I applied for the HSBC Cashback being an absolute noob entered my house address which was in Faridabad (Delhi NCR) thinking it will be serviceable. But to my absolute disappointment, it wasn't and I was stuck for 1 month before my application got reset.
Tip - If you want to check if your area is serviceable or not check with someone else's phone number and aadhaar card and check if it proceeds to the point where you have to enter if you are self-employed or salaried.

I waited for 30 days but my application did not reset exactly in 30 days so I complained the customer care at - complaints.india@hsbc.co.in

On 10th May 2024, I checked again and I was able to apply. Taking the risk I applied going through CashKaro's link.

How to check if it is in a serviceable area - Hit and try with any other phone no & aadhaar card if it goes through the 2nd step then it is ok.

Entered everything correctly with a one-month account statement with the latest salary credit and latest salary slip. Also, verified the account with the account aggregator due to which I think I have got an extremely high limit at par with the CCs with HDFC.

Here is the timeline-
10-05-24 - VKYC done (Don't instantly do the VKYC after completing the application form as they have some delay in the system. Do the VKYC after 45-60 mins of submitting the application. I had to waste time for doing the vkyc twice before the executive told me to wait for sometime as my application is not received by them)
15-05-24 - Agent Called me for the complaint I registered on the above email and when I told that I have already applied he checked and told that my card was approved.
15-05-24 - Got an SMS that I will receive a message within 2 days on how to generate the Card Pin

1) CashKaro Reward of 2500. It is in pending currently and I will have to wait for 1-2 months to redeem it. If you do not get the reward just raise a ticked using the application number you have received in the email along with the application form attached.
If you are not on CashKaro you can use my referral - https://cashk.app.link/wLKsjrP2qJb

2) High limit as you have provided correct information yourself. HSBC Agents are notorious to put false information to just get the card approved.

3) Amazon GV of 250 on completing the VKYC. (I am not sure if you will get it if applied through the HSBC Agent)

I am suggesting these measures if you have a great credit history, you are salaried and didn't have excessive credit enquiries recently and the only reason for the first rejection was an unserviceable area. But if you feel at any point you can get rejected go through an agent as once rejected there is a cool-off period of 90 days.

More Tips -
1) Choose the correspondence address where you want the card as I received the card at my home only which was apparently unserviceable as I chose it as my correspondence address.
2) If you need a call from HSBC Sales Person or Agent just enter your details and leave the application after entering your PAN. You will get the call on the next day most probably.
3) If your application gets rejected and you have completed your vkyc you will receive an INR 250 Amazon GV regardless of your card approval.
Reference - https://www.technofino.in/community...jected-cc-application-check-your-inbox.26595/

https://www.technofino.in/community...sbc-credit-card-after-numerous-attempts.8097/
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hsbc-cashback-credit-card-review.20419/
So you are saying. we can get the card at our Permanent home address even if that is not serviceable but our office address is serviceable. Right?
Which address should we enter while filling the form? Or will it fetch automatically from the aadhar or something. but again that would not be serviceable in my case.
I have - office address serviceable, home address not serviceable.

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So you are saying. we can get the card at our Permanent home address even if that is not serviceable but our office address is serviceable. Right?
Which address should we enter while filling the form? Or will it fetch automatically from the aadhar or something. but again that would not be serviceable in my case.
I have - office address serviceable, home address not serviceable.
Yes in my case my home address wasn't serviceable but my office address was.

On my aadhaar I have my home address and hsbc fetched my home address from my aadhaar and auto filled it in permanent address.

Then I selected the option to fill the current address seperately and filled my office address which was serviceable.

While choosing the correspondence address later in the application I selected permanent address and my card delivered at my home.

No physical verification was done on the office address as well. So I am assuming even if you put your friend's address in the current address there will be no physical verification and you will directly receive your card at home. (Please try at your own risk as on other threads there were cases where hsbc did physical verification)

Harrypotter

TF Premier

Here is the timeline-

2) High limit as you have provided correct information yourself. HSBC Agents are notorious to put false information to just get the card approved.

More Tips -

Did they ask for any income documents

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did they ask for any income documents
Yes they asked as I mentioned in my post above
HSBC is very specific about income documents and they verify it carefully.
I had entered my gross salary in the salary column during the application process but when I received the card in the app they had filled my basic salary in the salary column by themselves and when I calculated they have offered me the exact limit of 4 times my basic salary or the salary which is actually credited into my account every month.

So in summary if anyone has to calculate their limit and they have provided income statement along with account aggregator verification of their salary account they will get four times the amount that's credited as a salary.

Note - If your salary comes in part due to some reimbursement or other benefits it will not be taken into consideration only the salary credited in the start of the month will be considered.

Last edited:

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Yes they asked as I mentioned in my post above

HSBC is very specific about income documents and they verify it carefully.
I had entered my gross salary in the salary column during the application process but when I received the card in the app they had filled my basic salary in the salary column by themselves and when I calculated they have offered me the exact limit of 4 times my basic salary or the salary which is actually credited into my account every month.

So in summary if anyone has to calculate their limit and they have provided income statement along with account aggregator verification of their salary account they will get four times the amount that's credited as a salary.

Note - If your salary comes in part due to some reimbursement or other benefits it will not be taken into consideration only the salary credited in the start of the month will be considered.
And how much is salary required to get a cashback card ?

jack333

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes in my case my home address wasn't serviceable but my office address was.

On my aadhaar I have my home address and hsbc fetched my home address from my aadhaar and auto filled it in permanent address.

Then I selected the option to fill the current address seperately and filled my office address which was serviceable.

While choosing the correspondence address later in the application I selected permanent address and my card delivered at my home.

No physical verification was done on the office address as well. So I am assuming even if you put your friend's address in the current address there will be no physical verification and you will directly receive your card at home. (Please try at your own risk as on other threads there were cases where hsbc did physical verification)
So only current address needs to be serviceable and Permanent, correspondence and work address don't matter.
And no home verification also?
And they deliver the card at correspondence address?

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
And how much is salary required to get a cashback card ?
According to the website 4 LPA. I personally think that 4 LPA should actually credit after all the deduction.
Do they require salary statements only or will itr also work?
No ITR will not work as they don't even have such option to submit it while the application process. If you also go through an agent and he/she agrees on ITR there are chances he/she will furnish fake Salary Slip according to the ITR on your behalf and submit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240520-061920~2.png
    Screenshot_20240520-061920~2.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 13

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So only current address needs to be serviceable and Permanent, correspondence and work address don't matter.
Yes, correspondence address can be either your permanent or current and all the communication will be done on that address only.
And no home verification also?
Yes for my case, maybe my current and work address matched or something internal that they didn't do any physical verification.
And they deliver the card at correspondence address?
Yes the card will be delivered at correspondence address.

newIntern

TF Buzz

Hey, I followed the steps you mentioned & just completed my EKYC, my city is not serviceable by HSBC so i have used my office address & selected permanent address (home address) as correspondence address, hopefully I will get approval.

do you know how many days they take to approve or reject application?

Thank you.

rafzy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Here is the timeline-

2) High limit as you have provided correct information yourself. HSBC Agents are notorious to put false information to just get the card approved. (In my case limit was the four times the salary actually credited every month, if your salary credits in parts then only one credit in the start of month will be considered)

More Tips -

My city and office address aren't services. But my sister's home is in serviceable area.
So if I apply, would they ask to show any govt id which has that address mentioned? Or do they just verbally verify the address?

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey, I followed the steps you mentioned & just completed my EKYC, my city is not serviceable by HSBC so i have used my office address & selected permanent address (home address) as correspondence address, hopefully I will get approval.

do you know how many days they take to approve or reject application?

Thank you.
I have provided you the exact timeline of my application process.
Here is the timeline-
Now in case of rejection I don't know. But keep checking with the customer care executive through call after 5 days. There is an IVR option in which you enter your details like phone number and dob and it lets you check the application process but it never works so rather go choose the option that I want to know about new product and they will transfer the call to the executive who will tell you the status.

All the best! I hope your card gets approved.

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My city and office address aren't services. But my sister's home is in serviceable area.
So if I apply, would they ask to show any govt id which has that address mentioned? Or do they just verbally verify the address?
They do not ask any ifs and buts of the address except the amount of time you have been living at your permanent address. Don't tell them anything apart from that. Just proceed with the VKYC as the executive says. If any enquiry is done afterwards it may be a physical verification in worst case.