• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got HSBC Cashback Card in an Unserviceable Area (Without Agent).

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey, Below is my detailed experience of applying for the HSBC Cashback Card in an unserviceable area without the help of any agent.
On 7th April 2024 I applied for the HSBC Cashback being an absolute noob entered my house address which was in Faridabad (Delhi NCR) thinking it will be serviceable. But to my absolute disappointment, it wasn't and I was stuck for 1 month before my application got reset.
Tip - If you want to check if your area is serviceable or not check with someone else's phone number and aadhaar card and check if it proceeds to the point where you have to enter if you are self-employed or salaried.

I waited for 30 days but my application did not reset exactly in 30 days so I complained the customer care at - complaints.india@hsbc.co.in

On 10th May 2024, I checked again and I was able to apply. Taking the risk I applied going through CashKaro's link.

This time I applied using my office address which was serviceable.

How to check if it is in a serviceable area - Hit and try with any other phone no & aadhaar card if it goes through the 2nd step then it is ok.

Entered everything correctly with a one-month account statement with the latest salary credit and latest salary slip. Also, verified the account with the account aggregator due to which I think I have got an extremely high limit at par with the CCs with HDFC.

Waited for 1 week and to track the application you can ask customer care.
Here is the timeline-
10-05-24 - Applied the card through CashKaro link
10-05-24 - VKYC done (Don't instantly do the VKYC after completing the application form as they have some delay in the system. Do the VKYC after 45-60 mins of submitting the application. I had to waste time for doing the vkyc twice before the executive told me to wait for sometime as my application is not received by them)
15-05-24 - Agent Called me for the complaint I registered on the above email and when I told that I have already applied he checked and told that my card was approved.
15-05-24 - Got an SMS that I will receive a message within 2 days on how to generate the Card Pin
16-05-24 - BluDart Tracking ID
16-05-24 - Approval Message
16-05-24 - Card delivered at home

The main reasons to take the risk of applying on your own-
1) CashKaro Reward of 2500. It is in pending currently and I will have to wait for 1-2 months to redeem it. If you do not get the reward just raise a ticked using the application number you have received in the email along with the application form attached.
If you are not on CashKaro you can use my referral - https://cashk.app.link/wLKsjrP2qJb

2) High limit as you have provided correct information yourself. HSBC Agents are notorious to put false information to just get the card approved. (In my case limit was the four times the salary actually credited every month, if your salary credits in parts then only one credit in the start of month will be considered)

3) Amazon GV of 250 on completing the VKYC. (I am not sure if you will get it if applied through the HSBC Agent)

I am suggesting these measures if you have a great credit history, you are salaried and didn't have excessive credit enquiries recently and the only reason for the first rejection was an unserviceable area. But if you feel at any point you can get rejected go through an agent as once rejected there is a cool-off period of 90 days.

But 2500 is worth taking a risk.

More Tips -
1) Choose the correspondence address where you want the card as I received the card at my home only which was apparently unserviceable as I chose it as my correspondence address.
2) If you need a call from HSBC Sales Person or Agent just enter your details and leave the application after entering your PAN. You will get the call on the next day most probably.
3) If your application gets rejected and you have completed your vkyc you will receive an INR 250 Amazon GV regardless of your card approval.
Reference - https://www.technofino.in/community...jected-cc-application-check-your-inbox.26595/

Other threads you can refer to for more knowledge on HSBC Application Process -
https://www.technofino.in/community...sbc-credit-card-after-numerous-attempts.8097/
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hsbc-cashback-credit-card-review.20419/

Last edited:

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
@harshgupta940
So to summarize,
so logically anyone who is working from home from a tier 2/3 city or even a village, but works in chennai or mumbai based companies ( in serviceable areas) can apply for the card and get it, right? (unless there is physical verification)

RajMahadik

TF Premier
Hey, I followed the steps you mentioned & just completed my EKYC, my city is not serviceable by HSBC so i have used my office address & selected permanent address (home address) as correspondence address, hopefully I will get approval.

do you know how many days they take to approve or reject application?

Thank you.
Correspondence address must be serviceable as well as office address
.later you can change address from app to you exact as serviceable address... you will get all deliverables to that non servicable address...

newIntern

TF Buzz
so anyone else got card using this approach?
Mine is in progress, will update if I get approved & receive it
I applied on 20th, on 21st I received SMS for cibil inquiry, today I received a call from them for some document related stuff, I have emailed them some docs today, now lets see what happen

received a call again on 23rd, my pay slip had "private limited" with my company name but while filling up form details I missed that, so they wanted me to email to consider company name as per pay slip.

Last edited:

newIntern

TF Buzz
Correspondence address must be serviceable as well as office address
.later you can change address from app to you exact as serviceable address... you will get all deliverables to that non servicable address...
Wrong
correspondence address can be in non serviceable area (like in mine & OP case)
my office & the the current resident address I chose was in serviceable area.

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
Mine is in progress, will update if I get approved & receive it
I applied on 20th, on 21st I received SMS for cibil inquiry, today I received a call from them for some document related stuff, I have emailed them some docs today, now lets see what happn
cool thanks, will wait, as my situation got even more complicated as the city mentioned in my payslip is tier 2 city :S

Sriim

TF Premier
Choose the correspondence address where you want the card as I received the card at my home only which was apparently unserviceable as I chose it as my correspondence address.
Wrong
correspondence address can be in non serviceable area (like in mine & OP case)
my office & the the current resident address I chose was in serviceable area.
I applied with serviceable address. Now, how to get the card delivered to non serviceable address? I didn't notice correspondence address anywhere in the application (I might have missed it)

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge